EA Forums - Banner

Running battle sim eats up RAM

I have tried both Chrome and Firefox browsers. I have tried each battle sim script. I have tried clearing the browser cache, running incognito/private browsing modes, searched for fixes in the forum. Nothing seems to make a difference. If I run a few battle sims, my computer starts lagging and when I check my task manager, my RAM is through the roof, and the only way I can get it down to a normal level is to shut down the browser and restart. This is getting to be very ridiculous. I stopped playing this game a few years ago and only recently came back to play again and this was a problem back then, and I hoped that by now it would not be a problem any more or there would be some clever way to remedy this that I'm not aware of yet. Am I the only one that finds this to be a problem? Is there some kind of fix? Hello???

Replies

• Lucyli753
    74 posts Senior Moderator
    Hey @kenVBliar ,
    we don`t have anything to do with the scripts, so we don`t have any control about this. You should contact the person who wrote the script, or simply use the in-game battle simulation, it works just as good and will not eat up your RAM ;)
  • I have tried the in-game battle sim as well. It has the same effect. The more I sim battles, the more my RAM goes up. I have an 8GB ram computer and if I don't shut the whole browser down, I will be using well over 70% RAM (as per my Task Manager) just to run the browser, when it normally runs around 28%. I have tried clearing the cache, I have tried firefox, I have tried chrome, I have tried everything I know how to do to make it not eat up all my RAM and the only thing that helps is to close the browser completely.
  • Lucyli753
    74 posts Senior Moderator
    Hey @kenVBliar ,
    how long do you let the brower run before it uses 70% of your RAM?
    And have you tried it with all your scripts deavtivated? :)