EA Forums - Banner

New log in procedure

Prev134
OK, so I have sent several emails to Elaphantine? And it has not exactly helped. WHY would they change the log in procedure without beta testing it to get rid of the bugs, posting an announcement in the news, etc. Has EA handed the game over to new staff that are even less competent than the last crew? One of my people (on tib 32) logged in "the new way" and there was nothing there, one of my top people. He created a new account and emailed me to let me know, I let Elap know, and of course, nothing happened. Response was "clear your cache". Also, how do you log off now? Used to be just close your browser. Doesn't work anymore. I really like the idea of my computer having a link to the game 24/7, since the chances of being hacked go through the roof. SO, am I the only one who is ticked off or are there other stories out there?

Replies

• Logging in at ea.com and then going to tiberiumalliances.com shows that I'm not logged in. If I click on the Login text at the top of tiberiumalliances.com/home, the page refreshes and suddenly I'm shown as logged in, but I can't access tiberiumalliances.com/game/world as if I'm not logged in. It's a mess.

https://forums.ea.com/en/commandandconquer/discussion/219121/the-old-ea-login-page-back-plz
  • And you got to wonder how many people are not checking the forums, but just giving up.
  • What the hell are you doing EA???
    I'm not able to login for 4 days the normal way now.
    There are 2 ways for me to login now:
    1 Opera browser, which leaves me without scripts (Opera is not supported).
    2 Open up a incognito window, then I can reach your new login screen, BUT!

* like said above, I'll have to login twice as the first time it doesn't show me logged in.
    * Various settings are gone and I have to change them every time again and again....
    * I'm getting more scripts errors now.
    EA you need to fix this ASAP!

I'm not the only one in my alliance with these problems!

When I try to acces the login screen, I get an error stating to many redirects, blablabla

Don't tell me to clear cookies, I've done that!
    I've restarted comp several times!
    My chrome browser is the newest version, so no update issue!
    I've even had a Windows update in the mean time!

Again, EA, you need to fix this, as my patience with you is running out.
  • Ive played this game for 5 years now and ive had enough ....thats the last straw (and my wallet comes with me), bye
  • Unable to login I have eight funded accounts and cannot use. I have tried clear cashe, cookies, and browsing history. need a fix
  • hi ladies,
    might possible i´ve got some help for ya... plz, try this link to login:
    https://gamecdnorigin.alliances.commandandconquer.com/WebWorldBrowser/index.aspx

• I also have to login through the incognito way. Problems with this way are many. every login all settings are gone, every time disable sound move timer, stretch combat window again, all formation saves are gone, etc. etc. !!!
    I'm running out of patience with EA app. not caring about this issue.

Thanks Felsnamron, that link seems to work through the normal tab (not incognito) I'just loggedin using that one, I had to change settings again however, but will see if they are kept next time I login.
    BUT on another thread I've just read a reply of last week that that link will be gone in a week orso, which will be any day now?
    EA..... pffffffff.....
  • arizcolo
    25 posts Member
    You have to love it. Didn't they learn anything from the last screw up? I can't log in the "normal way", although someone has posted a "fix" that I will hunt down again. I get the C&C page, click play now, it just refreshes that page. If I click "change server", I get a cut off version of the face page. Like I said in my original post, how is it that EA could take the most critical item (logging in), and change it without getting the bugs out. I wonder how many people should demand refunds for the money they have invested on what is essentially a blocked account.
  • methuselah
    276 posts Senior Moderator
    Ele is awesome hang in there if she can help she will. I know they are working on the log in issues, beyond that I'm no help sorry.
  • arizcolo
    25 posts Member
    Unfeaking real. Ele should be fired. Another day and I can't switch servers, and when I try, I can't log in to the original server. WHY WHY WHY would they mess with the log in??? WHY WHY WHY would they not beta test it first. How many gamers are locked out, may not return, and have cash in their accounts. There is NO excuse for this incompetence.
  • having to log in each time I switch worlds is a real pain in the ****, Home page screen is appearing in the worlds window, and won't load....and Yes I cleared the cache and cookies (having to do that every damned day as well)....hope there's some compensation for this
  • arizcolo
    25 posts Member
    I'd be satisfied if I just had to log in. Still having major problem just doing that. Logging in is the most critical step in any game. Just go back to the original procedure and stop screwing everybody over by trying to show us how much better the new way is
  • they passed 3 days and i continue to dont loging in game.......the bored thing is that EA HASNT AN OFFICIAL THREAD OD ANSWERS ABOUT THIS ****!
  • I think we should get a badge for living through EA's crap - maybe "The 2018 great EA update Debarked "
  • arizcolo
    25 posts Member
    well here we are on the one month anniversary since i posted my first complaint about the new login procedure here

so we have multiple threads, on multiple forums. how many people are literally being cheated? hundreds that funded accounts and now can not log in?

This is beyond stupid, it is criminal. It is theft. And all because the programmers have such an ego they can't admit (to themselves or us) that they made a terrible mistake by implementing a broken, unworkab le, untested, login procedure.

So feel to reply here, on one of the other threads that are running, or my thread. not that it will do any good.

And what was the real reason they decided to "fix" the login procedure? Multi-accounting? What a ridiculous solution. Does anyone remember the MONTHS that this issue was discussed in the forums? There are CLEAR guidelines as to what you can and can not do with multiple accounts. IF THEY WANT TO ELIMINATE multi accounting by messing with the login procedure: (a) ADMIT THAT IS THE HIDDDEN AGENDA, and (B) GET IT RIGHT!!!!!!!!!
  • gamerdruid
    1969 posts Moderator
    arizcolo wrote: »
    And what was the real reason they decided to "fix" the login procedure? Multi-accounting? What a ridiculous solution. Does anyone remember the MONTHS that this issue was discussed in the forums? There are CLEAR guidelines as to what you can and can not do with multiple accounts. IF THEY WANT TO ELIMINATE multi accounting by messing with the login procedure: (a) ADMIT THAT IS THE HIDDDEN AGENDA, and (B) GET IT RIGHT!!!!!!!!!

Multi-accounting was not the reason for the change - security of the login procedure and making it 'work' the same as other EA was.

I know, it doesn't work yet!!!

Try logging in via https://www.tiberiumalliances.com/en/logout
    then in via
    https://gamecdnorigin.alliances.commandandconquer.com/WebWorldBrowser/index.aspx

for each account you play.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • Pretty sure this is the end for me. I put in $200-$300 per month for 6 years and now I spend more time trying to log in than playing. If this is the level of competence of the programming protecting my financial and private information then you don't deserve my custom; my data is at risk, clearly.
    Either you:
    1. do not test your code before release,
    2. ignore failing code if it is found,
    3. are not competent programmers or testers, or
    4. simply have such a low opinion of your customers that you release the code anyway.
    5. or maybe you want to kill off the game and move on but dont want the backlash?

If none of the above, and you obviously know of the problems, then why not roll back?
  • gamerdruid
    1969 posts Moderator
    I believe it is none of the above. I have suggested rolling back but for some reason the cause of the issue cannot be rolled back. I don't know why.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • HueyGM
    1 posts Member
    Well, I'm afraid it must be one of the above, it has to be.
    Either they didn't test at all, or they did.
    If they did, then they knew about the errors or did not find them.
    If they knew about them they ignored them at our expense.
    If they did not find them before release then their testing was not done competently.
    If they did not test at all then, again, competency must be questioned.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful, I appreciate the work of the mods and others offering solutions.

For a company to fundamentally change the portal where customers login and pay funds to that company, and break it to the point where the lifeblood of the company is at risk - and not communicate in some way to the paying customer - is amazing and more than a little disappointing. Customers money that has been used to purchase is wasting away eg. people who increased CP will hit their limits and not gain any benefit.
  • EE_Elephterion
    726 posts Envision Developer
    We understand the players frustration, but there is only so much we can do for now to alleviate the problem until a fix is in place.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison