EA Forums - Banner

Suspicious sector jump

Swill555
30 posts Member
I am not sure this is where I should post this but here goes. On Wrath 18 today, a player made what I believe is a suspicious sector move. His main was in the SE around 569:540 just south of the E border. He had one other base in the same area and all the rest were scattered, some in other sectors. He sectored to the E and main landed 569:502 which is slightly north of the SE border. All his other bases landed around that. It is my understanding that when you sector, you land 20 spaces further from the center and usually somewhere near the ctr of the sector. In this case he only moved close to 40 spaces north. I don't see how he could have landed where he did, based on my understanding.

Replies

• gamerdruid
    3509 posts Moderator
    Provided there was even one empty space in the area he jumped to and it was approximately the right distance back from his bases, there is a way to partially control where you land. With the forgotten respawning it is more difficult, but it was done regularly before that feature was added.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • Swill555
    30 posts Member
    Are you saying that you don't lose 20 spaces away from ctr and you don't land in middle of sector.
  • gamerdruid
    3509 posts Moderator
    I'm saying the move isn't fixed to 20 spaces (it is approximately that, but when bases are scattered it's difficult to predict the exact number) and that you do not always land in the middle of the sector and that there is/was a way to control to some extent the section of a sector you jump to.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!