EA Forums - Banner

Fortress continues to attack after restoration

mav0369
2 posts New member
The fortress continues to attack after reinstatement in Firestorm7. Several times the fortress killed me, although it was completely restored after the assault and destruction. Why is this happening? I bear significant losses.

Replies

• gamerdruid
    2223 posts Moderator
    edited June 2018
    The fortress 'should' be marking you for attack from destruction to restoration then attacking for 72h after that. I can't see you on Firestorm 7.

Is the 72h up yet?
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • Happened to me also a couple of times, jumped back within range of the Fortress after those aiming cross dissapered, and immidiately targetet by the Fortress. I think that 72h rule is a bit shady...
    Regards, ArveK
  • Or actually, when I think about it, I probably jumped in when I saw the Fortress was rebuilt. Maybe it appears as rebuildt before the 72 hours has passed? Can't remember what the infobox says...
    Regards, ArveK
  • gamerdruid
    2223 posts Moderator
    Yes, it doesn't take 72h to rebuild (from memory) so the markers stay after it has rebuilt but within the 72h.
  • so please confirm, you have to wait 72hrs, after the fortress has been rebuilt, before you can move back into the fortress area? i waited 24hrs after fortress was rebuilt, moved a test base inside the area, and it was destroyed.. there is no warnings to indicate it is safe to move????
  • gamerdruid
    2223 posts Moderator
    I believe it is 72h after the fortress has rebuilt before it is safe to be in the fortress area.

There should be a targetting symbol attached to any bases that were in the successful fortress kill alliance. These appear immediately and stay whilst you're within reach of the fortress.

Which world are you on?
  • there are also some other bugs with it.. I found out the hard way on one world.. I had moved just outside the hubs and my target sign was removed.. after the fortress was restored and guardian bases replaced.. i attacked a guardian base, killed it and was immediately counterattacked by the fortress at level 75. It is something with the distance away.. i was very close to the outer edge of the hub, just enough to get my target sign removed.

I also agree with the other poster, there should be a warning message similar to the bubble loss warning in game startup, that if you move to whatever coordinate you will be targeted by the fortress
  • Thanks for the feedback, I'll see what we can do about a warning message during retaliation period.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison