EA Forums - Banner

veteran points

How can you decide to change the rules after a server has started without proper analysis of the consequences. The old system would have been who gets to the lv60 hub wins which was a fair way to play the server. This adjustment has completely messed up the server. (Accountability look it up in the dictionary) just disappointing...

Replies

• gamerdruid
    3184 posts Moderator
    edited July 2018
    I am assuming that the fact that it would also mean that those that got to the higher hubs would also easily win any other Vet server is irrelevant to you :smiley:

The rules have changed, yes. The tactics shouldn't and probably haven't changed. The change was not just about the one server but future servers that used the scores from this server.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • Then find a way to adjust all the scores on the server. so that season points for alliances are not all messed up and there is still a fair chance for all (resetting season alliance points would a simple option) I understand the point about legacy score and future servers but a bit more planning and though would be appropriate.
  • gamerdruid
    3184 posts Moderator
    edited July 2018
    My understanding of the changes is that they've done just that, changed the season points. Legacy points are calculated at the end of the season from season points, so in effect are also adjusted.

They acknowledged their mistake and corrected it as best they could. There has been no mass outcry from the players on the Veteran server most effected, the leading alliances (and their alts.)
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • Just as a reminder - Vet 6 mission counter is not registering pvp kills correctly - in some incidents its not even recording pvp kill and that means no points awarded as well. ... hard to tell from day to day what to expect - ha - even had alliance counter in Tid 35 run backwards tonight and had healed bases return to damaged status after having healed same. Interesting except its a bug messing with cp and tib cost as well. Just saying.....