EA Forums - Banner

Winners of Fortress & Scripts

Would it be possible for EA to change the game so that alliances who win a badge for of defeat Fortress of that server for example Tiberium 36 can only attack other alliance who win defeat Fortress Badge to stop the P.v.P bulling that always happens afterwards of alliances waiting their turn. I know it is a P.v.P game but it is unfair for alliances still building up for fortress as it is always one sided P.v.P for badge winners.

Could EA take over or create Scripts that would benefit players.

A Battle simulator.

A Tiberium Alliances Sector HUD - lets you know what sector your in.

C&C TA CNCOpt Link Button which is vital to check if a layout for new base is suitable.

Tiberium Alliances Coords Button All - which adds co-ordinates to camps, outposts, Forgotten bases, Points of Interest and Player bases. Makes it easier to copy/paste rather than type each co-ordinate into chat/messages.

Tiberium Alliances Transfer All Resource - allows you to transfer Crystal & Tiberium from one or more bases to another.

Tiberium Alliances P.O.I's Analyser- helps in tiering up on resource p.o.i etc.

C&C Tiberium Alliances PvP/PvE Ranking - lets you know how much P.v.P or P.v.E any player has done in game.

A navigator compass like the mhNavigator - helps in moving too a location or lets you know how far you are from your destination.

Alliance Member Online - lets you know who is on line instead of having to check roster all the time.

Player Base Info (Basic) - allows you to know the defence & attack level of players in your alliance.

Replies

• Soixie
    240 posts Member
    No. Defending the castle means killing off all enemies without prejudice who threaten the king.
  • But if you act without prejudice, how will you find out who is an enemy and who is not :#
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • Who can threaten the winners of a server, no one can as they are the winners. Who attacks everyone else the winners do, every time and players are leaving this game because of it and this pleases EA !!!!
  • gamerdruid
    1969 posts Moderator
    This is a king of the hill type war game, if you lose you lose!

If you're good enough (and can afford to pay for increased caps) you win by being part of a successful team, if you're not good enough you lose!
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • This is a "free to play" game
    Not a "win if you play free" game

And this does not mean that you can not have a lot of fun playing for free.
    Not a part of EA / Envision teams
    My comments are only mine.
  • Seems to me that this is actually a Pay to win game and those playing for free must be punished for not spending any money.

Then please take over a fix all the scripts listed that would increase enjoyment of the game and thus might bring in more players rather than chasing them away as EA are doing with all this Faults they have created.

Are all these faults only happening to those who play for free or is everyone suffering.
  • gamerdruid
    1969 posts Moderator
    Oh, everyone is suffering a mix of faults. Taking over scripts isn't possible for a number of reasons.

1) Copyright and IP rights are protected by their license.
    2) Some are badly written
    3) The original writer is not playing the game anymore (some scripts are over 5 years old)
    all of these mean that any new feature based on scripts can't simply be included in the game.
  • iamhere2day
    27 posts Member
    edited August 11
    But you could create new separate scripts for the game similar to those above and keep them updated.

Also the in game list is seen as Reports, Messages, Alliance, Forum, Supplies, Ranking & Scripts. The script one is empty and cannot be there just for decoration.

Having separate scripts from the game will allow a choice to use them or not and would avoid anger from players who do not want to use them if they are forced to use them.
  • Where do you find "Scripts" in the menu game bar?

http://prntscr.com/khjxaq
    This capture is from World8 Spain

The scripts, if you want to use scripts, can be installed and activated or deactivated whenever you want.

The developers of the scripts are volunteers, normally, and are not required to continue developing them in the future. It is a decision they make on their own.

I use all scripts from this link: http://cncscripts.com/
  • gamerdruid
    1969 posts Moderator
    The scripts menu is a result of a particular script which adds it to the menu bar.
  • nefrontheone
    117 posts Member
    edited August 13
    And is this particular script updated to works with version 18.2 ?
    If this script don't works with 18.2, uninstall it.
    (The question is for @iamhere2day )
    Post edited by nefrontheone on
  • EA could fix some of the scripts as long as they do not claim it as their own and mention previous owners. They could create a list of scripts that could be used by players that would be as safe as possible.

Nefronttheone I did have a look at your link and the scripts I think are vital for this game are not there, Co-ordinates, CNCOpt and the Sector Hud.

I think script packages are responsible for most faults as the contain working and non working scripts. I use the CnCTA SoO Script pack from Chrome Store but do not use all the scripts.

• gamerdruid
    1969 posts Moderator
    Everyone has their own view on 'essential' scripts. However, as for the developers doing what you suggest, I don't think it will happen. I'm not saying it can't, just that it won't.
  • nefrontheone
    117 posts Member
    edited August 14
    @iamhere2day
    1) EA hires a company to develop the game and this company works for the game, for what EA asks. We in this forum can ask for many things but nobody can guarantee that your request reaches EA or that EA assign an appropriate priority for you.
    2) The game has the capacity of an API for external developers who can create their own scripts complying with the rules established by EA
    3) These external developers have created the scripts that they have considered appropriate, some of them seem useful and others not, but they have created them without charging anything from EA and are responsible for them.
    4) We use those scripts without paying for them, if we want to demand something, it is fair that we pay for them or at least pay the one who wants the improvement. Can you imagine how much you would have to pay to include a change in those scripts?
    5) The functions of some scripts have already been included in the game, such as the coordinates
    6) If EA wanted to make a list of the scripts that there are for the game, he would have to assign human and economic resources (in my personal opinion, he trusts the community of users of the game and will not invest money in this point)
    7) Even if you assign resources, who tells us that they will have all the scripts and that they are correct? Possibly once you have the code you could integrate it into your game, as you did before and, again, undo the scripts control team caudn oya have what you need.
    8) EA has insisted many times that it is not responsible for the correct and / or proper functioning of the scripts, is only responsible for the developers of such scripts do not access our confidential information. Each developer is responsible for their work and EA will not pay these developers to keep their code updated.
    9) The coordinates was included in the game and CnCOpt scripts are in the address that I put you, the other important script for you is from a development team called "Warchiefs"
    I offer you another updated scripts address but I do not guarantee that they are exempt from malicious code: https://github.com/leo7044/CnC_TA
    10) The use of scripts external to the game is the responsibility of each of the players and I do not think it is right to blame EA for using wrong external code to their product when failures appear.

11) In this forum we try to help each other, we all love the game and we want the best for it but we must stop demanding things that are beyond the reach of the moderators, who do not work for EA or Envision.
    Post edited by nefrontheone on
  • I have not demanded anything or blaming EA for anything but think that they should create their own version of some scripts so that players will find playing this game fun again rather than doing nothing at all times and players leaving this game.

The constant faults with this new system is driving players away. The scripts that no longer work because of this new hardware is driving players away. EA is a business and gaining less money from this game because of many players leaving is good for business. They would have to create a script for the Battle simulator s they do advertise it when you log on.

To get all the scripts working again EA will need to move all the Servers back to the old hardware and this would also remove all the constant faults with this game. Did they inform all the developers of the scripts in advance of their moving the scripts to the hardware. Have EA informed the developers that many of their scripts will no longer work on these servers.

EA must have their contact details, since the developers of the scripts are no longer playing the game, they will not know if those scripts have become faulty so have EA informed them that their scripts need to be up-dated, from what I have read the answer will be no.

• gamerdruid
    1969 posts Moderator
    edited August 15
    I have not demanded anything or blaming EA for anything but think that they should create their own version of some scripts so that players will find playing this game fun again rather than doing nothing at all times and players leaving this game.
    You're entitled to have that opinion, but I think it's not shared by those in EA that make the decisions or it would have happened a very long time ago.
    The constant faults with this new system is driving players away. The scripts that no longer work because of this new hardware is driving players away. EA is a business and gaining less money from this game because of many players leaving is good for business. They would have to create a script for the Battle simulator s they do advertise it when you log on.
    Agreed, the constant faults are not good and maybe driving some players away. The scripts that don't work for this new hardware are easily corrected by the players, unless they are in a script pack. prodgame* needs changing to cncapp* and they are good to go. If they don't work after that change then they were not working before the hardware change!
    To get all the scripts working again EA will need to move all the Servers back to the old hardware and this would also remove all the constant faults with this game. Did they inform all the developers of the scripts in advance of their moving the scripts to the hardware. Have EA informed the developers that many of their scripts will no longer work on these servers.

EA must have their contact details, since the developers of the scripts are no longer playing the game, they will not know if those scripts have become faulty so have EA informed them that their scripts need to be up-dated, from what I have read the answer will be no.
    I don't know what contact details EA have for the script writers, probably none. They didn't have to ask EA for permission to write the scripts so EA would have no need to keep their details. The change I mention in the paragraph above was highlighted in these forums before the hardware switch started to take place.

EA are not party to the writing of the scripts and I am sure somewhere they state that they reserve the right to change things that may break the scripts. There are many scripts out there, too many to list but I would be surprised if the popular scripts are still "broken".

Your memory must be failing, there were many problems with the old hardware which is why they were changed in the first place. There is no 'going back' to the hardware changes.

• This game is not the only one that allows the community of players to create scripts, MODs, maps or similar things to improve the user experience.

All this community of developers external to the game usually do so altruistically or, with the permission of the owner of the game, sell them packaged as improvements. Right now Half Life: Counter Strikes comes to my mind.

In any case, the owner of the game will not be responsible for the proper functioning of those external script to it and will not manage a list of them because it would require an economic effort that I am sure they do not want to spend.

In these forums and even in the news / events window it has been informed of the changes made in terms of the game: infrastructural changes, maintenance, game problems, compensation to users, etc.

It is the developers of the scripts themselves who must update their code to adapt to the new possibilities / limitations of the game. Many of these developers left the game long ago or do not have time to improve those codes and have offered them to other players to make their own modifications.

And as always everywhere: The use of applications and tools external to the game will NEVER be the responsibility of the owner of the game.

(We can agree or not but that's what we have)
  • The faults we have now are those from the old system and thus have made no difference. You spend all that money and time to move all the servers over to new hardware to try and solve the faults. You need new servers.

• But you could create new separate scripts for the game similar to those above and keep them updated.

Also the in game list is seen as Reports, Messages, Alliance, Forum, Supplies, Ranking & Scripts. The script one is empty and cannot be there just for decoration.

Having separate scripts from the game will allow a choice to use them or not and would avoid anger from players who do not want to use them if they are forced to use them.

There was actually a plan to do this by the previous development team. They were going to build in game versions of the popular scripts which would make them more easily supportable as the game itself was upgraded or improved.. as far as I remember, they created an in game battle simulator which was very problematic and then gave up on the script implementation plan. I don't envy anybody who has to try and work while supporting dozens of unauthorized and undocumented or supported external scripts.
  • gamerdruid
    1969 posts Moderator
    The script entry in the in-game list has nothing to do with the game developers, it is added/used by the latest version of Xdaast's scripts pack, Centre Driven Scripts.