EA Forums - Banner

The game is officially junk

I wish the developers would actually play their game once in a while ….

if im logged into a world a try to log into a sub account at the same time ..the game stutters and lags like a bit**.. totally unplayable for around 2-3 minutes the time it take to load the 2nd substituted account …

this game never used to play like this, only since the SERVER SWITCH.. lets face it they werent going for faster, better servers were they …. everything about the money and who cares about the players.... 36 will be the absolute world I ever play …..

then just for a laugh why dont you try the MY GAME world switcher...... in options my games..... may as well rename it ... freeze your browser....

and no its not my pc or internet connection ... i play BF 5 at 60 FPS,,,

Replies

• spot on mate. the game is no longer playable.
  • methuselah
    269 posts Senior Moderator
    I'm sorry you are having issues, I play every day most days without any issues whatsoever. Please don't take that as if I'm towing the company line I'm not, I'm simply relaying my experience.

I'm a player first and a mod second, when there are issues I'm the first to call them out and there have been some issues the last few days......but to say the game is not playable is simply not true.
  • My computer is over 10 years old, Win 7 and have never had any issues that weren't directly caused by Envision.
  • methuselah
    Oh that is totally ****. and I suspect you know it. Issues are caused by lots of places that are not Envision. EA, google (chrome update issues), Mozilla (Firefox update issues), Microsoft (Edge update issues), etc.

Not that it matters who you blame, when there are issues your gaming experience is compromised I totally get that.....but to say it is all Envision is disingenuous at best and I'm being nice.
  • Was only referring to things like the summer outage, server moves, failed patches breaking the game and the like. Envision has had it's lion share of the problems as of late. Most of the connection issues I read about on the forum seem to be out of date computers, attempting to play using an i-watch or something else similar.
  • Many of even the summer outages weren't directly Envision, but their masters at EA making decisions such as the single sign-on and server moves.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • HOPE when the SERVERS was Moved TO USA they are Not on the EAST COAST >:)
  • I'm not sure they moved to the USA - I think they are still in Europe.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • gamerdruid wrote: »
    Many of even the summer outages weren't directly Envision, but their masters at EA making decisions such as the single sign-on and server moves.

Players don't care when it comes to problems and at the end of the day, EA and Envision are the same for all intentions. Internal issues are not the concerns of paying clients, consulting 101. I (and most players) know we aren't the root cause for playability, EA&E are.

• SERVER SWITCH

Any company changing hardware will MOST PROBABLY need time to fix problems and even out bugs.
    I have an education in IT, and I know what to expect.
    Yes, politics between companies and consumers sucks, and I have things to say about EA in that regard, but that's for the right time and place. Hardware changes will always cause unforeseen problems.

The only criticism I have toward EA in this situation is that they changed hardware after starting a new server. That's bad planning.
  • methuselah
    edited September 14
    Soixie wrote: »
    Players don't care when it comes to problems and at the end of the day, EA and Envision are the same for all intentions. Internal issues are not the concerns of paying clients, consulting 101. I (and most players) know we aren't the root cause for playability, EA&E are.

On this we agree, the only reason I made the point I made about the layers involved here is because your comment was castigating Envision alone and that simply isn't accurate.

At the end of the day though this is simple. When you log in can you play? Yes or no. If yes, no worries. If no, as a consumer you are not happy, and I understand that completely.
  • methuselah
    I come off as a little defensive for the developers not because of my position here or because they require that (they don't) but because I've had the pleasure of visiting a C&C development studio on two different occasions as a community representative because of my association with gamereplays.org. It is unbelievable how hard those people work to ensure your gaming experience is as amazing as possible but so much can interfere with it be it internal politics, server issues outside the direct control of the devs, update issues regarding your pc or browser, etc. That does not change my final point in my previous post, as a consumer none of that matters......I'm just explaining my perspective a little that's all.
  • Yes, that. I code/program professionally as well, though different industry (Int. Finance).

Honestly, the root cause of most players problems are the players themselves. Either a lack of understanding the world they game in or a lack of understanding how to maintain a real computer. In general, social media has made the player community dumber in my opinion. Certainly don't ask them how to Telnet into a game, the community by and large wants push button fluid "i-apple" perfection or they want to burn the house down.
  • methuselah
    I personally think lazier not dumber but you are spot on. The complexities involved in an effort like this are staggering, the amount of things that can go wrong are almost endless. That does not excuse a flawed product, nothing excuses that, it just isn't as simple as burning the house down that rarely accomplishes anything.

I'm a player first here and a mod second. I play every single day if my real life allows. And I get as frustrated as all of you do when my "distraction in life" time is interrupted by some technical difficulty but rest assured the success or failure of this game is based on getting people to come back and play each day, no one is taking that lightly.
  • Hey Shadow... Your problem is you play BF5 Not COD.