EA Forums - Banner

18.3 Patch preview on PTE

Prev1
Elephterion
583 posts Envision Developer
edited October 10
Hello Commanders,

we patched PTE with the changes for 18.3 earlier today. Here is a list of the implemented fixes:

Bugfixes
  • Replaced instances of ‚server‘ with ‚world’ where more appropriate
  • Improved time/date calculation to prevent displaying errors with wrong activation/deactivation dates of countdowns
  • Fixed an error occurring when changing worlds via the options
  • Made changes to the base shortlist to prevent icons becoming obscured by the scrollbar
  • Fixed an error in the base tooltip with line breaks
  • Fixed an error with the Option window not opening sometimes
  • Fixed an error with the sorting of bases in the resource transfer window
  • Fixed another bug in the resource window with the localization
Added Features
  • Collect All button; collects all packages throughout all bases

Known Issues
    • The Collect Resources Button is still waiting for a localization in all languages and displaying not the right text at the moment -Done/ 10th Oct
    • The word 'Server' in descriptions and ingame displays is still used in many places where it refers to 'World'. This will be fixed by localization before the release of 18.4 to the other servers.
      [*] Currently there is a bug with calculation of the time display inn the Infobox, this will be fixed before release -Fixed

Happy Testing, if you find anything broken, feel free to respond here :)

updated: The change to the remaining localizations will likely come later
Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
Post edited by Elephterion on

Replies

• godot611
    1 posts Member
    edited September 21
    is there an issue with firefox ? I ve got only an black screen after log in .
    Same with edge and ie . Chrome logs me often out . And there is a new button over button found new base called tnf:collect ressources
    Post edited by godot611 on
  • Soixie
    147 posts Member
    edited September 22
    I'm missing something, tried to start a new game on PTE, all I get is a black screen after I select PTE then start a new game.

https://cncapp06.alliances.commandandconquer.com/320/index.aspx

Fairly certain you know what error bugs/exploits I'm going to test :)
  • I can manage to log in ok (using F12 as the delay hasn't been fixed).

I also see this:
    http://prntscr.com/kxqs2v
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • Thanks for the feedback, I forgot to mention that the new Button is still waiting for a localization to all languages, I'll edit the post in a minute.
  • Soixie
    147 posts Member
    edited September 24
    'black screen' seems to be due to Firefox with scripts installed. I was able to start a new game using Chrome
    Post edited by Soixie on
  • Thanks for the Info @Soixie, I suppose you can't tell me what script exactly causes the error, or at least which you are using?

We are aware of the problem with Time calculations are are working on a fix for that.
  • Soixie
    147 posts Member
    edited September 25
    SyntaxError: redeclaration of formal parameter
    source loader.js:300:8
    view-source:https://cncapp06.alliances.commandandconquer.com/320/92653/script/loader.js:300:8

note: Previously declared at line 298, column 33
    view-source:https://cncapp06.alliances.commandandconquer.com/320/92653/script/loader.js:298:33
    source loader.js:298:33

unreachable code after return statement[Learn More] eval:12869:14
    unreachable code after return statement[Learn More] eval:19408:20
    NewTradeOverlay loaded index.aspx:2:3
    TACS: Simulator loaded index.aspx:2:3
    Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user’s experience. For more help http://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/ eval line 3 > Function:33865:1
    unreachable code after return statement[Learn More] eval line 3 > Function:12869:14
    unreachable code after return statement[Learn More] eval line 3 > Function:19408:20

Running on: Firefox Quantum (guess they started naming their versions?) 62.0.0
    Game script installed is via Tampermonkey: CnC TA: Crucial Pack All in One by debitosphere
    https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/15990-cnc-ta-crucial-pack-all-in-one-by-debitosphere
  • Thanks, I tested this with 62.0.2 and no scripts so my error log looks a bit different. But its helpful data non the less.
  • Happy to assist.
  • Elephterion
    We are going to patch again today with some more improvements to the time zone calculations. We will give a maintenance warning before we bring down the server.
  • eh, pretty sure your patch deleted my pending base. I lost a ability to 'found' / create a new base.
  • Are we talking about the patch from Thursday? Do you have the resources for founding the base still?
  • No, I spent them to create/found a base, they were not refunded.
  • Soixie
    147 posts Member
    edited October 5
    I'm also going to request you reconsider fixing this loophole/bug before go live on 18.3

http://cncopt.com/cx4u

You can simply disable units above CC/DHQ level.

At the very least, a mid-patch correction before Christmas so we're not waiting another year for a fix.
  • nefrontheone
    84 posts Member
    edited October 8
    @Elephterion , Is in this version where the problem of incorrect names of players in sending messages is solved? :-?

In the earlier versions if you type a non existing name, it's not valid like message receiver
    Now you can type nef, nefron, nefrontheone, nefi... and all appears like valids
    Not a part of EA / Envision teams
    My comments are only mine.
  • Elephterion
    I'm afraid thats a change that got pushed to 18.4 but i don't think that its gonna be months again until the next patch ;)
  • Just a heads-up, we will update PTE once more in 15 minutes. This is to include the outstanding localization updates.
  • Will Wrath 8 be getting the patch [18.3] as well ? The Collect All button seems cool.
    ~The Air Turns A Deadly Shade of Purple~ -[ Alien FX Fiend™ ]-
  • gamerdruid
    1780 posts Moderator
    Eventually all worlds get the same patches, so the answer would be yes.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • A malicious question ...
    With the "Collect All Packages" button from MaelstromTools if it had two or more bases with the same name it only picked up the packages from the first base. With the button integrated in the game, have you tried this issue?

Thank you!
    Always testing something