EA Forums - Banner

How to invite alliance

When joined to this game have now 46 level always have problems with this, I am getting many invites but can't do this. Any help? Thanks

Replies

• gamerdruid
    2598 posts Moderator
    @raziel3779 The ability to invite is governed by the alliance Commanders. If you are made an officer, you can invite players. However, some Commanders change the default of the Officer rank so that they can't invite others. Most features are configurable so CiC's make the choice to either use the default values or adjust them.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • Hello Commander,
    what exactly is the problem for you? Are we talking about Alliance invitations?

You will get a notification mail, but to accept them you will have to view your Alliance window from the top menu. There you can accept any invites you received. However if an alliance revokes the invitation before you can accept it, it might explain why you see the notification mail but no option to join them.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • subs have zero ability to do anything alliance related
  • gamerdruid
    2598 posts Moderator
    Hmmm.... they can invite alliances (with the right rank and permissions from the CiC) and leave alliances and accept invites, but that is about it.
  • Hello all, thanks for replying . Now the problem is when someone invite me i see but cannot accept that.The info in window says - The leader of the alliance cant leave him.First you have to choose a lower grade for yourself.
  • Well, you are the founder or leader of the alliance then. Is it a one-man alliance? then you can just disband the alliance, otherwise you have to pick another Commander and then demote yourself to a lower rank.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • gamerdruid
    2598 posts Moderator
    Unfortunately, if you are not the owner of the account and are playing as sub, you cannot promote or demote so you're stuck.
  • Soixie wrote: »
    subs have zero ability to do anything alliance related
    gamerdruid wrote: »
    Hmmm.... they can invite alliances (with the right rank and permissions from the CiC) and leave alliances and accept invites, but that is about it.
    gamerdruid wrote: »
    Unfortunately, if you are not the owner of the account and are playing as sub, you cannot promote or demote so you're stuck.

Correcting myself;

A sub cannot accept an alliance invite. If the sub is in an alliance already, they cannot do anything alliance related except whatever read/write permissions are provided for their alliance level regarding forums. Anyone can talk in alliance chat and officer chat (if officer).

If a sub is not in an alliance, they can create an alliance and invite others into that alliance as CIC. This is a known loophole that was never fixed. This is where things get really screwy. CIC subs cannot edit members or change any permissions of any kind. You cannot leave the alliance and no members can be advanced/edited from their current levels. So if an active CIC leaves and tossed a sub to an officer, the alliance is screwed. I'm not 100% but if a CIC sub doesn't log in for 6 months, their bases are destroyed and they are removed from the server rankings - I'm pretty sure the alliance is fubared. We have one on our server.

A SIC has the same authority as a CIC. Simply promote yourself to CIC and disband the alliance (another known bug).

• gamerdruid
    2598 posts Moderator
    edited October 2018
    A sub CAN accept an alliance invite -(and provided it is not a SiC or CiC it can leave an alliance) I use this all the time on production and PTE worlds.
  • gamerdruid wrote: »
    A sub CAN accept an alliance invite -(and provided it is not a SiC or CiC it can leave an alliance) I use this all the time on production and PTE worlds.

That option does not exist for all worlds and seriously f'd up more than few accounts (lost) we had over the years.

I'll log it as a bug later, we always accepted it as getting screwed.
  • Hello :# i have it done that was easy to say.Go to menu bar Alliance and go to properties. Thanks to The A Team :# :#