EA Forums - Banner

New Worlds Any Time Soon?

Prev1
When is a new world coming?
I know a lot of people who are waiting for the announcement and have nothing to do.
If a new world doesn't open soon they may switch to something else and we lose them.
The last world was created 40 days ago, the last Tiberium world was created 3 months ago.
In the past almost 6 months there have been only 5 new worlds created!
Since when is it the new normal to create a world less than once a month?

Replies

• Yea waiting.
  • We are currently aiming for January with a new WCS world. There is an option on a new Tiberium world for November however.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • gamerdruid
    4219 posts Moderator
    p0ir_r0tt wrote: »
    When is a new world coming?
    I know a lot of people who are waiting for the announcement and have nothing to do.
    If a new world doesn't open soon they may switch to something else and we lose them.
    The last world was created 40 days ago, the last Tiberium world was created 3 months ago.
    In the past almost 6 months there have been only 5 new worlds created!
    Since when is it the new normal to create a world less than once a month?

It may not have escaped your notice but over the same period there were tremendous difficulties logging in and playing the game. I understand from posts made at the time that new worlds were held back because it didn't make sense when changes to the login system and upgrades to physical servers were being made and they didn't work out as planned.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • Thanks for the heads up on WCS, appreciate the communication.
  • I would agree with p0ir , was my thoughts also . Was really strange the delay for a new world but gamerdruid explanation also make sense :) .
    We are currently aiming for January with a new WCS world. There is an option on a new Tiberium world for November however.

If you release tiberium world imho you shoud give at least 2 months in advance between the Tib and the WCS, cause surely many would like to start a new world as there hasnt been a Tib world for months now but at the same time everyone prefer WCS so if there is no minimum 2 months difference between the 2 worlds many will start the Tib world but most will quit to join WCS :)

Something about the WCS that for me is very serious.
    Please dont do the same setup as the last WCS , the Forgotten Attacks + Moral !!!
    I am sure that most will agree with me that this combination is the most ugly game mode and nearly noone enjoy it, apart maybe of a very few exceptions.
  • Totally agree with sorrowman, there is no point making a tib world where everyone will quit to join the wcs, so there needs to be that 2 month period in between.

And please make the wcs a normal FA world with no malus so we can all enjoy 😁
  • If you release tiberium world imho you shoud give at least 2 months in advance between the Tib and the WCS

Also, because the mass of people that are going to start a tib world will likely have to skip the wcs because they can't afford two worlds at the same time, both money and time-wise. So best scenario is probably to have a tib world as soon as possible, maybe more than one world close to each other so that everybody can practice and finish the world they get into, and then wcs 3-4 months after that.
    Forgotten Attacks + Moral ... I am sure that most will agree with me that this combination is the most ugly game mode and nearly noone enjoy it, apart maybe of a very few exceptions.

Totally agree. Morale+FA worlds become farming competitions = unnecessarily long/boring. No morale please.
  • Totally agree. Morale+FA worlds become farming competitions = unnecessarily long/boring. No morale please.
  • "Totally agree. Morale+FA worlds become farming competitions = unnecessarily long/boring. No morale please."
    and as soon as possible the tib, I just have no choice as to agree with what the mates already told.

announcing new tib world today for starting in 2 weeks with FA only and 30k slots or so, that would be a good idea.

please go for it dear EA ;-)
  • Personally dislike TIB worlds, since ironically there is less TIB produced by them.
  • Soixie wrote: »
    Personally dislike TIB worlds, since ironically there is less TIB produced by them.

There is no real difference between Tiberium and Wrath worlds, other than the Timezone they are based on, and the altering rules for FA/Morale and layouts. Resource generation is the same, cost may vary however, depending on world size and FA/Morale settings to pace the game.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • nuubal
    40 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    well well well. Looks like you all want massivly use multiaccounts on the wcs to push your own accounts. as long as noone will declare using multiaccount against the rule, it is useless to play a server without malus. The only way to have a good and balanced server is to forbid multiaccounting or use the classic malus setup (there would be still a small advantage with multiaccount, but no real problem).
    And for the guys who say farming is boring and mimimi. Outposts and camps are a part of this game. Farming is part of this game. If you dont like to kill them, play a different game. Its definitly no challange to kill one base per day with 10-20 hit each. that is the real boring thing here (but with using multiaccounts you can kill some more, because attacks are infinite = alts are infinitie)
    The classic malus system is the best system so far.

It also should be possible for a WCS to forbid using multiaccounts. In combination with a working anti-lockdown function, you can start whatever setup you want.
    Post edited by nuubal on
  • Soixie
    571 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I believe we may have varying definitions of what "Tib world" means. I suppose I am referring to "old economy" vs "new economy".

In old economy - camps produce a fair amount of resources while harvesters and silos are 100% waste of resources and time, something only naive players purchase. Oh, there is a return of spent resources, but the argument is performed only by those refusing to accept basic math. Like, 2+2 = 3 or something else ridiculous. For those ignorant enough to attempt to argue the point, it is mathematically possible to receive a positive return of spent resources on silos and harvesters----after a year or two and while completely crippling your power generation by 25-50% or more. Original game developers coded (overlooked) the level 51+ (55+?) hack that allowed 10x resource gathering and power, but almost no one benefited from. The only "real" means to advance to level 65 is to pure farm grinding of camps. The old economy highly discouraged free-to-play (F2P) and forced any serious players to pay-to-play (P2P) as there was no other means to farm resources and advance efficiently. F2P are stuck in first gear, like showing up to a gun fight naked with a knife. We have F2P on our 6+ year old server that are only just now hitting level 52 with their main. Level had real meaning, both representing power and time involved. The core base log in these worlds is 1.2, the history of which is pretty standard in gaming.

In new economy - camps produce almost no resources or at level which simply makes farming completely irrelevant. A level camp might produce 1/4th the "normal resources", if you're lucky. You can grind farming but it's slower than molasses outside in the freezing cold. Resource buildings (Harvesters, silos, accums, power plants) however, were all turned up to ludicrous speed and produce more resources than almost anything you could obtain through farming. The new economy was brought about through massive complaints from the F2P community wanting to "keep up with their rival P2P". Instead of tweaking the game code, new code restricted by servers were introduced. Pretty much anyone can reach level 65 in the new economy without any effort what so ever. The core base log in these worlds is 1.32 if I remember, which is pretty much "God mode".

So, time, effort and meaningful rewards vs. God mode whereby everyone gets "a prize".
  • 4ilavert
    2 posts New member
    nuubal wrote: »
    And for the guys who say farming is boring and mimimi. Outposts and camps are a part of this game. Farming is part of this game. If you dont like to kill them, play a different game.
    If I remember correctly, before last wcs it was you who asked for this morale+fa setup, and then it was a response to your comment that announced that it will indeed be so. How convenient that the developers adopt settings to accommodate your favorite playing mode. How coincidental that you were the one who won the last wcs.
    Can we maybe not stack the rules in favor of your style of play (and your team) again?
    Can we maybe listen to what the majority of players have to say?
    Can we maybe at long last all learn to play by the rules of the game and not by the rules that a small group of people invented in their heads and is trying to impose on everybody else?

• nuubal
    40 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    4ilavert wrote: »
    Can we maybe at long last all learn to play by the rules of the game and not by the rules that a small group of people invented in their heads and is trying to impose on everybody else?

yes I only ask for one rule. forbid multiaccount. the rest is irrelevant...
    4ilavert wrote: »
    Can we maybe not stack the rules in favor of your style of play (and your team) again?
    3 WCS with 3 different settings. Won all. I dont care about the settings. I only care about cheating. And multiaccount using is cheating inho.
  • 4ilavert
    2 posts New member
    edited October 2018
    ... yes I only ask for one rule. forbid multiaccount. ...
    This has been discussed a zillion times. They can't really forbid it, technically. They have stated that there is nothing wrong with it. They do not want to forbid it. (maybe because it brings money too? doesn't really matter)
    You can develop equally fast or faster, and dig equally fast or faster without multiaccounts. Ask Sobieski how to do it. Ask Angry Birds how to do it. But I'm sure you know how.
    So it is a matter of style. Some want to dig, some want to farm. Let everybody do what they like.
    ... I only care about cheating. ...
    What a slip of the tongue. Just kidding. ;)
  • Sorrowman1984
    44 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    well well well. Looks like you all want massivly use multiaccounts on the wcs to push your own accounts. .

wt* nuubal, we have played together and as enemies in many servers, really have you ever seen me using even 1 alt for feeding my main account kills ?
    Obviously you have never seen me and you know very well how much I dont like multi accounting, even thu still someone that dislike multi accounting has started this discussion for no fa+moral not because wants to get advantage of multi accounting but because fa+moral is quite problematic mode.
    Yes ops and camps are part of the game, and would love to have them as a part of the game, but having FA+moral its transforming them from "a part of the game" to the " THE GAME " and thats why is problematic this mode .

Maybe if not to kill the fa+moral mode then another solution might be to open a bit more the gap when the moral kicks in. eg 9 lvls . So killing bases and farming ops have a lot more equal value and still the alts cant be used for feeding
  • Hola quería saber para cuando tienen pensado empezar un nuevo mundo, quería volver a jugar pero desde el primer día, gracias