EA Forums - Banner

Def'n of an inactive player

How many months before being declared inactive?
After being inactive, the systems kicks us out after 2 years?

Thanks

Replies

• gamerdruid
    4646 posts Moderator
    6 months is the theory, although it isn't uniform on all worlds. 2yrs is also the theory, not always what happens.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • cybsrulz
    3 posts New member
    what happens when an inactive player thats zeroed and disappears from the world then pops back up
  • gamerdruid
    4646 posts Moderator
    An inactive player that is zeroed can't pop back up as they can't log into the world.
  • Then please help me understand where on World 86 Thornface who was zeroed disappeared from the rank list all his bases died and disappeared all of a sudden pops up. Looks like hes logged in just fine
  • gamerdruid
    4646 posts Moderator
    edited August 2021
    I can't explain it - other than a glitch.
    One explanation, probably not the reason, is that a long standing sub has been used. I don't know what happens when a sub is left a long time then is used in this way, so it's probably not possible.

I've managed to log into a very old world of mine (last log in early 2019), but of course I don't know if I was zeroed or not. I can't log into W86 as I have no account there.
    Post edited by gamerdruid on
  • So then in truth there is no inactive policy theres just a "you disappear off the map and rank until you come back"
  • gamerdruid
    4646 posts Moderator
    There is a system - it just doesn't always work and public knowledge of it is via the statement by the developers that 'after 2 years inactivity you are permanently removed from a world.' Observations suggest that this isn't the case on every world but it is the 'policy'.
  • W86 was one of the first worlds created for tiballiances and initially it was 2 years, then some communication came out saying it was one. Nonetheless if a player that goes inactive comes back when they have been deemed so is a broken system and therefore should be corrected to disallow that player to just pop back on and resume play. In no way am I naïve enough to believe this will happen to him or to several others that are just materializing out of no where but doesn't seem fair to those that perhaps were deemed inactive, zeroed, and because the "glitch" doesn't work in their advantage cant play. Either fix it or remove it.
  • jbl3ck
    119 posts Member
    one might just visit an old world every few months/year to avoid the "policy".
    i doubt you are checking the rankings monthly and you can't say it's a broken system ... yet.
  • gamerdruid
    4646 posts Moderator
    W86 wasn't one of the first worlds, it has been around for a long time but 89 worlds preceded it! (worlds 1-87 and CB1 & CB2).
    If a player does return outside the 'policy' because of a fault in the coding, is it such a big deal? Their bases will be dead and they may well be surrounded by forgotten bases that have regenerated. They may well also have been kicked from any alliance so will struggle to do much gameplay for a while.
  • methuselah
    455 posts Senior Moderator
    I don't know the answer here but I think we are talking about a couple of different things, not inclusive of some sort of coding issue so that the intended functionality isn't there. After 6 months of not logging in you get zeroed out. You can then log in and restore your account to 100% of where it was when you quit just by relocating or respawning all your bases.

I think, and I repeat I think, after two years you are supposed to be permanently scrubbed from a server and at that point, if the server is still open to new players, you can start over or move on. Perhaps that doesn't work, if I get a minute I'll check and come back and share my findings. I'm a 10 year player of TA, give or take a few days, I have to have a 2+ year old no log in server.
  • its 2 years to the day it happened to all of mine cant access them if you didnt log in for 730 days you self destruct after 180 days
  • an example would be firestorm1. it has been badged twice I think twice. certainly no more than 3 times.
    I was asked to return there to make up numbers for the remaining few to be able to badge. I found my main account unable to be accessed but i did have an "eyes" account able to be re-activated but oh soooo small. Now, rather than being able to re-engage at a much higher, and unbadged level, i have to use the only remaining alt just to try to assist others in badging. let's face it, it takes a minimum of 32 to deactivate the fortress shield. if worlds diminish below 32 unbadged players, perhaps the server should be retired. thoughts??? i am tiny compared to the rest, yet rank #82 with most already badged and there are a few 1-2 man alliances. I also revisited wold 10...yes the original world 10. there are not enough people left to badge and 1 guy has a heap of logs and subs keeping the world alive, like a private video game no-one can join.