EA Forums - Banner

New Tib37 starting layout

why randomised layout? other then to penalise people for no reason? They could end up tugging along a useless base for the rest of their time on server.

If you give everyone the same starting layout, what is the problem with this?

Replies

• Started with a 6Tib touch and a 6 Crystal touch Would be a Dream Starter Layout

One Thing Noticed on 36 was we started with a 6 Tib Touch, BUT there after it was limited to find decent Layouts there was the odd 5 tib but most have to settle for 2x4 at best Ok Win some Lose some but dont penalise plays by giving a good starter but follow up with SoSo layouts for next Bases
  • gamerdruid
    1912 posts Moderator
    gfsfs12345 wrote: »
    why randomised layout? other then to penalise people for no reason? They could end up tugging along a useless base for the rest of their time on server.

If you give everyone the same starting layout, what is the problem with this?

I think the term 'randomised layout' is meant to mean exactly that, the starting layout is randomised and fixed for for everyone, it's not known or set in advance. This is how the term has been used for past worlds, but we shall see tomorrow if the world works.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • Calm down, gfsfs12345, a starting layout that is randomized can be a good and a bad thing. One you could end up with a 5 or 6 touch or multiple 3 or 4 touches. Another way is that you end up with a layout that can only have 2 touches or as so spaced out that one cannot possibly use the base for tiberium and crystal production. I just wish the dev's would choose from good layouts, even if its mediocre ones. I hate getting a layout where the highest n-touch is a 3-touch and there's only one silo.
    I just wish I knew the layout of Tiberium 37 so I know if its worth joining the server or not. Can someone share a screenshot of both base and defensive layouts?
  • Mirroredhunter
    47 posts Member
    edited November 8
    Really, as in no 3 touches or what? I'd still like to see it, maybe you haven't seen it, and what you posted maybe just some sort of hate comment.
  • Mirroredhunter
    47 posts Member
    edited November 8
    For sure you did not join the world. I know of one world where there was a 6-touch tiberium and 5-touch crystal in the same base. I think its wrath 6. Go check it out if you want, if its not that one, check other wrath worlds like 5 or 7. What I'm asking for is that they lift the lower limit of the randomized layout to exclude bases without a lot of 3 touches or less that 1 or 2 4-touches.
  • I did managed to get in to the server a while ago. Stayed long enough to actually reach const. yard lvl. 8, which allows access of air units. I left just before the world had emergency maintenance. The world seems to be crystal focused, having 3 3-tiberium touches but has 1 3-crystal touch, 2 2-crystal w/ 1-tib touch and a 3-crystal w/ 1 tiberium touch. its a 5 tiberium to 7 crystal layout.
  • The world Tiberium 37 is online again now. We expect all worlds to have returned until 16:00 UTC.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • Guessing it's off again? wasted some money on that world.. should reset it and start it fresh....& stable...