EA Forums - Banner

Why do players have to play against players who don't pay the same to play on the same world?

Its not fair that i have to pay 10 dollars to play with points that someone else has to only pay 1 dollar on the same world. If you can't make the payments ,why do you get to join the same world? i.m hearing for years how these players can afford more coinage because of their geographic location. Being online gaming has no location when playing.

Replies

• Are we talking about the purchase of TA-Funds? Can you give me some more detail about what differences in price you are talking about?
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • gamerdruid
    2598 posts Moderator
    The regional variations in the purchase price of TA-funds has been a problem for many years. At one time players simply changed there location in Origin to take advantage of Russian reduced prices, or Mexican prices. EA started to use IP geo-location to stop that so players used VPN 's but then EA blocked the popular free VPN's.

It is always going to be difficult for someone with a monthly income of US$400 to compete with someone whose monthly income is US$4000 whether the difference in income is down to geo-location or occupation as the cost as a fraction of total income is going to massively different.

I can't see any fair way of having a world-wide charging system. Currently 50 000 TA-funds cost £24.99 in the UK, but since the BREXIT fiasco of the last few days/weeks/months/years the value of the pound has fallen. My guess is that the price is set in US$ and infrequently the price is converted to the currencies that front page will accept.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • They still use vpn.
  • gamerdruid
    2598 posts Moderator
    I’m sure they do, but how do you prove it?
  • gamerdruid wrote: »
    I’m sure they do, but how do you prove it?

If you don't know how to prove it you should allow everyone to use it and make it part of the game and teach dummies like me t how to use it also!!
  • gamerdruid
    2598 posts Moderator
    edited December 2018
    My question wasn’t how do I prove it, it was how do you prove it? I have no way of accessing player data so have no way of proving or disproving the use of VPNs.
  • chatting with players from other countries, thats all the data needed.
  • Understanding fluctuations in different economies is a normal thing, but when 24 dollars is 24 to me and 5 to someone else and then they brag on it. It just gives me grief. I get it thou, you have in your EA way balanced out the problem, but all the times my 24 dollars got hammered by a five dollar bill suks. Bottom line no matter what you say.
  • gamerdruid
    2598 posts Moderator
    lasericon wrote: »
    chatting with players from other countries, thats all the data needed.

People lie! But that is not proof. Chat logs do get saved, but as a player you cannot see them or offer them as proof.

• Actually, i'm not from the legal department, so i don't need that kind of proof. Second, i wasn't referring to the U.K either. Also, I assume that you know more about what i'm saying then you can say. Also, rating the average income off big city values is not a fair mark on pricing its truly inflated. A person who makes that much outside New York City , 400 to 4000 monthly income comparison, is not anything we players should have to understand to feel sorry and give it away. The money i pay should be equal too or close too at my choice of world i play in not yours or EA's. I couldn't gamble any less on the other foot around because of a geo- locating problem. Atleast an option to make fair world pay that leaves lower ratio's out. A mirror option for the people who actually pay full price and can only afford 1 account. Thats all i'm saying.