EA Forums - Banner

Patchnotes 19.1 PTE

Replies

• gamerdruid
    2845 posts Moderator
    Soixie wrote: »

The main problem is that Envision has not proven they have manpower or resources to run a server wide action team (SWAT), common to every professional MMORG in existence. Their sole job is to work with problems such as these and handle them on a case by case basis, in some sort of limited conjunction with the leadership of "alliances" on each world. The issue here is that these "problem accounts" aren't being dealt with directly.
    The proper solution is to counter these players causing problems on a case by case basis and eliminate the problem..
    You are correct, I think, in saying they have not proven they have manpower or resources to run a SWAT team. I don't think they do have those resources and therefore have attempted to find an alternative solution.

Again, I think you are correct in outlining what a 'proper solution' would be, but they seem unable to do this (or it is not in their remit and EA are unwilling to do this.)
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • Well, we do what we can with what we have. I'm hoping we can ship the first changes for 19.1 tomorrow including the changed loot distribution if multiple attackers are involved in the destruction of a base.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • Alright community,

we are preparing a patch for PTE tomorrow, around 08:00 UTC.
    This will finally bring the announced changes in from the beginning of this thread to PTE, together with some changes to the loot distribution for base-kills. I updated the original posting with an explanation.

What that means is: If multiple players attack a base, the loot for the kill will not be equal to the total remaining value of the base anymore but based upon the % of damage done by the killer (in total, counting battles by everyone with that base, auto-repair is also factored in) to the defensive units.
    There is no split of the side pot, the killer takes their share and goes home, the rest is lost to the ashes. So everyone else only gets to keep what they managed to loot during their attacks respectively.

This should significantly impact the effectiveness of people exploiting multi-accounts excessively and increase the amount of effort it takes in combination with the changes to substitutions.

We are also going to wipe PTE and reinstate the two PTE commands for testing.
  • "As another measure against the boosting of accounts with multi-accounts we are also going to change the distribution of loot rewards for the destruction of bases.
    The resources looted by the player destroying the Construction Yards will now be based on how much the player striking the killing blow has also contributed to the destruction of the defense units. The difference in resources between that amount of loot, that the last player receives and the total value of the base is lost.
    This only affects the loot gained from base structures, rewards for the destruction of defense units remain unchanged "

this change is of no use since alt accounts are only used to open the defense and the features of the base structures are attacked by the main account, so if it makes any difference it will be almost insignificant, I only see some effect if the subtraction of the resources is total resources withdrawn from the base (defense / structures),

As for the subs, the restrictions make it difficult but they do not prevent the use of the support accounts, since it is perfectly viable to login multiple accounts at the same time, even in the same browser, I know that the IP restriction will imply unfeasible LAN access and this is not fair with players who access from the same place Ex: lan houses, or even family ...
    but a time restriction by IP on the attacked base would be viable.

I believe that they are working for the best of the game and I am happy, since I am a player that only plays with one account always!

Tks !
  • Waylord7
    15 posts Member
    edited January 18
    One player attack a base. But can`t finish it becouse he die or need going to work or something else. And now no one will finish it becouse he not have enough resources on each CP? Really? Command work not good anymore? i don`t like multy becouse it killing game. Maybe there is another way?
    And what will be if one player attack base..then base reach 100% defense and other player will kill it? How much resources he will have? 100%? or small? If 100% it is still good for multy. Becouse alts kill defence facility, then def reach 100%. Then 1-2 attacks from main account and def will be 0.....
    if not 100% then it is bad becouse some alts(sometimes) will be attack bases in enemy sector just for prevent another reach maximum resources.
    Post edited by Waylord7 on
  • II_Karpov_II
    18 posts Member
    edited January 18
    As long as there is Bundles that gives "true" repair times (Not just capacity). This will be just a big joke. Thoses bundles are much more problematic than multi-accounters.

About the multi-account solution. Its good for "small" multi-accounters. Sometimes, i can use an low alt just to kill one flak in the first range* I will attack until my 100 cp goes to 0 and the Flak probably to 0 hp too

In that case, the main account will bring more ressources right? Or i do not understand XD? lol

• Rovsau
    8 posts New member
    EE_Elephterion

I boldly presume that the majority of the community understand your situation.
    We are also very glad that developers have finally re-engaged with the community and strengthened further development of the game.

The outcries happen because we have been frustrated for years, and we want to help in any way we can.
    We really hope you stop the cheaters without too much compromise for honest players.

Good luck. We are rooting for you!
  • PvPanzer wrote: »
    this change is of no use since alt accounts are only used to open the defense and the features of the base structures are attacked by the main account, so if it makes any difference it will be almost insignificant, I only see some effect if the subtraction of the resources is total resources withdrawn from the base (defense / structures),

Well, thats what the change is addressing. Since the main account did basically no damage at all, the resources gained from killing the CY and base buildings will be almost 0.
  • This is good i will deff be on pte to see how this all works out :D
  • People are seriously over thinking this. Resources gained from a base in this capacity are pretty much irrelevant. If you cannot 1 hit a camp, outpost or Forgotten you have far more serious problems, screwed up your army, strategy and need to go rethink your game life. Stop driving to drive in reverse and move forward. You ran out of RT? Stop hitting something 10, 20, 30 levels above you.

I cannot believe there is this much drama over who receives resources from a single camp/base. This game doesn't begin until you reach level 60+, you're going to need resources measured in "T" yet your acting like it's the end of the world fighting over something that gives 500M - 1G in resources.

The only single thing this development update does is prevent something called "power leveling", period. The rest of you believing your life is ruined because of this are playing the game wrong and are clueless.
  • FaLcOn9X
    18 posts Member
    edited January 18
    there should be an option to turn off the notifications of the forgotten attacking your bases ... Please?
  • StummeUrsel
    2 posts New member
    edited January 18
    In the end this means, when a raidteam of 4 persons raid one base, the player who finally kills the base only gets 1/4 of the remaining loot (if all of the players did nearly the same amout of damage)?

So in order to get the full loot, he has to kill all buildings before killing the CY?

• In the end this means, when a raidteam of 4 persons raid one base, the player who finally kills the base only gets 1/4 of the remaining loot (if all of the players did nearly the same amout of damage)?

So in order to get the full loot, he has to kill all buildings before killing the CY?

As far as defense units are concerned, yes. Whatever you get from the base buildings before the CY is killed is already looted obviously.
  • KaptainKanalie
    8 posts New member
    edited January 18
    so its completely useless.... they will kill 100 % of defence with their alts, then their main accs will kill all the buildings except of the cy.... then they will get out still nearly 100 % of the reessources if i get it right.... It will only cost some more cp i think.

Or will u get also nearly nothing out of the base buildings if havent killed anything of the defence?
  • Or will u get also nearly nothing out of the base buildings if havent killed anything of the defence?

Yes. If the player that destroys the CY has only destroyed 1% of the defenses before, they only get 1% of the resources.
  • But if the player destroys every building before killing the cy, he gets the ressources as "normal" loot. When he kills the cy as last building, he will get only 1% of the loot for the cy as last building but got full loot for every other building he destroyed before killing the cy.
    So in the end he gets all ressources but has to spend more cp, because he cant just kill the cy, but has to kill every single building before - right?
  • Or will u get also nearly nothing out of the base buildings if havent killed anything of the defence?

Yes. If the player that destroys the CY has only destroyed 1% of the defenses before, they only get 1% of the resources.

the question is: What u will get out of the other buildings, when just 1 % of the defence is left. For axample in a tiberium silo ist 1.5 million tib , you will get the whole 1.5 million out of it or just 1 % of 1.5 million ?
    if u get the whole 1.5 million out of it they will kill all the other buildings first , then they kill the cy at last, so u loose nearly nothing but some more cp....
  • EE_Elephterion
    1223 posts Envision Developer
    edited January 18
    the question is: What u will get out of the other buildings, when just 1 % of the defence is left. For axample in a tiberium silo ist 1.5 million tib , you will get the whole 1.5 million out of it or just 1 % of 1.5 million ?
    if u get the whole 1.5 million out of it they will kill all the other buildings first , then they kill the cy at last, so u loose nearly nothing but some more cp....
    That extra amount of CP and time that needs to be invested on the scale we see with the multi account exploiting is not insignificant.
    But if the player destroys every building before killing the cy, he gets the ressources as "normal" loot. When he kills the cy as last building, he will get only 1% of the loot for the cy as last building but got full loot for every other building he destroyed before killing the cy.
    So in the end he gets all ressources but has to spend more cp, because he cant just kill the cy, but has to kill every single building before - right?
    Yes.

You have to keep in mind that alone, these changes might not seem like a huge impact. And for most players and alliances they won't, which is intended, but together with the changes to substitution, they will make it much more difficult and time consuming to exploit multi accounting in the way it was done in the past.

On the subject of the later, we are aware about the situation on older worlds, and we consider enabling those restrictions only to future worlds, so that players can continue to act as executors on those worlds.
  • aahessu
    8 posts New member
    I think EA has the right approach of making it too time consuming to use alts (as it already is time consuming) but there is still a lot to do to prevent alt usage by lets say 95%. This said based on what has been released and commented in this thread.

I think everyone does agree that these changes decrease the benefit from alts. Killing the def 100% with alt before shooting all the buildings except CY with main account will mean 1) You need many high OL alts as well as 2) a shitload of CP for your main for getting the max res out of one single base. Think all these combined will make it significantly more ineffective from digging POV.

Have to try this out, but can already say that this will most likely have a major impact on my alt usage.
  • gamerdruid
    2845 posts Moderator
    edited January 18
    PTE error - optics are currently broken.

If you upgrade attack units, shoot, sell and replace and upgrade when hitting a base then this is what you see.

https://image.prntscr.com/image/y5USzgpgRKunOalSHIAJNA.png

To get around this, you also need to refresh - this doesn't happen if the base is killed.

It does happen if also if you switch the target of your attack.

It's a problem that won't be repeated on production worlds as shoot/sell/replace isn't a common technique and is expensive.

ERROR 2:

http://prntscr.com/m90r0o

The alliance display is incorrectly displaying the CiC of the alliance. The person displayed is ranked #1, but not CiC of the alliance.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!