EA Forums - Banner

Patchnotes 19.1 PTE

Replies

• Gamerdruid

You have now issued an increase in the upper limit of 2d. and some immediate repair boxes. It will help. As you know, some play on the PTE, in any case with auto-clickers and any script to allow for rapid progress, even if those methods were explicitly banned.

Gamerdruid you are the one who supports cheating as only the top 1 alliance you have ever been in and supported in the last PTE and the biggest cheater is the leo7044
    who writes his own cheat program for the whole alliance so do not come to me with testing your ziehl is always only the middle to make the first and give yourself as a server police out I would be ashamed to play with so cheater
  • Hello Devs
    Appreciate the work you are putting into stopping the multi accounting that is screwing the game atm. However the lost resources are a huge step backwards in my opinion.
    They will halt the working together of a lot of pairs of current players, esp Nod/Gdi combination that works so well.
    Fully agree with others that suggested resource should be spread evenly between attackers unless one of the attackers has died in which case it would be lost
    Look forward to your responses

• QueenRapunzel1
    1 posts Member
    edited January 22
    1 step to the right direction, but really not perfect....
  • Thank you for doing something abgainst the Multis.
    But with the patch you eliminate a cause that kills the fun and creates a new one. Because a lot of the appeal of the game comes from teamwork. You kill difficult bases together, make pacts, find a way together...
    So the patch will fix a problem, which is very nice. But unfortunately it will create a new problem.
    So there is an urgent need to work on the fact that the resources from the base will be distributed 100% and will not get lost.
  • gamerdruid
    2609 posts Moderator
    Bollekone wrote: »
    Gamerdruid

You have now issued an increase in the upper limit of 2d. and some immediate repair boxes. It will help. As you know, some play on the PTE, in any case with auto-clickers and any script to allow for rapid progress, even if those methods were explicitly banned.
    I don't issue the upper limit.
    Gamerdruid you are the one who supports cheating as only the top 1 alliance you have ever been in and supported in the last PTE and the biggest cheater is the leo7044
    who writes his own cheat program for the whole alliance so do not come to me with testing your ziehl is always only the middle to make the first and give yourself as a server police out I would be ashamed to play with so cheater
    If by being in the top alliance and testing things means accepting that others cheat, then yes. I don't see that as support of cheating just acceptance that I can't stop it. Leo may write his own scripts to cheat, I do not know, as others are careful to not share them with me. On the last PTE there was a discussion in English about an auto-farm (not farmbase) that did a combination of the farming of a base and selecting a base. I haven't seen a script for that so it may have been a 'wind up' with others knowing I was online, or it may exist. I also don't know who wrote such a script if it exists.

I'm a pragmatist at heart, if I can't change it I don't worry about it.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • I believe that any change that undermines alliances, which is one of the objectives of the game, will be repaired later, but the initiative to change to eliminate possible advantages that are not accessible to all players for X reasons is very welcome , and I believe that it will bring a greater acceptance of the game to many who give up because they can not follow these "gaming resources" due to lack of time.

I've been playing command conquer tiberium alliances for 9 years and I've seen hundreds of players quit the game for not finding a fair game.

I look forward to the changes and hope that they will come to the best.

obs: is there a specific date for the updates related to the topic to start working?

Good luck, see you at the next server.

Att,
    S3r4ph1M
  • gamerdruid
    2609 posts Moderator
    The changes are implemented on 19.1 at present - the developers are looking at how it is working on there and will implement it more widely when they are happy they've the numbers set right and the bugs removed.
  • after maintenance, the bug with selling units or switching targets is gone, good job!
  • p0ir_r0tt wrote: »
    There are three problems with the current update:
    1. Selling Bug
    2. There is a reporting problem whereas every time more than one person is attacking a forgotten base, all the reporting done by the simulator (built-in or any script) is wrong...
    3. Team work is strongly punished...... Who would ever want to play such a game?

1. Being reviewed
    2.There is no option to determine if the person using the sim is going to solo the target or not. The sim is going to make the assumption of a solo kill.
    3. As stated numerous times, this game was never designed for anything but solo kills. The 'required teamwork' only exists for for Fortress, holding POIs and defending territory. Group killing bases is in fact the "cheat" being removed here.
    One thing that stands out for me is Ok to get all from a Base you are best to go it alone That way you get Max Return, BUT for Many that COULD mean using more CP and Repair TimeSo those who do not finance are Pushed out as often 100cp and 12 hours repair is not enough,
    And its begin to smell of EA trying to make a Buck by pushing People into Buying CP and Repair

Welcome to the real world. You are in fact expected and required to pay for this game to succeed. The fact people believe they found an exploit to receive it for free is irrelevant. The purpose of the patch is to discourage such game play and help those players out the door.
  • enigm
    109 posts Envision Developer
    edited January 24
    Hey everyone,

regarding the changes in ressource distribution. We are aware that multi-account behaviour and teamplay are very close together if not almost indistinguishable. That's why we take a close look at what is happening now. And, naturally, those using multiple accounts will not give us feedback on the changes we made.
    Let me answer a couple of questions.

Are ressources lost when multiple players attack the same target?
    Yes, that is unfortunately the case. Otherwise, once the target gets destroyed ressources would appear virtually out of nowhere. The game designers designed against that. That's why ressources are "lost" in those cases.

How are ressources calculated when multiple players attack the same target?
    The first player who attacks a target get the normal amount of ressources. If another player now attacks the base the game remembers all other attacks (since last fulll repair of the base) and compares each players share in the destruction of the defense. Only defense units are taken into account. Any repair that happened in the meantime is included as well.
    Once a base is fully repaired this "attack history" is not used any more and we start from scratch again. With the help of a modifier we can in- or decrease the effect. Currently the modifier is set to 1.0. Depending on the impact it has on "normal" teamplay we might decrease the effect this new formula has on the ressources.

Hope, that makes it a bit clearer for everyone. If have any questions, feel free to ask.
  • First of all thanks for your answer @enigm and especially the exact explanation how resources are calculated!
    If I understood you right, the game designers don't want to split the resources on everyone who participated dependant on Defence damage, because buildings would be senseless in a base, if all resources are distributed after CY kill?

This solution may be a bit complicated, but I think it should work:
    1. Resources the player gets from destroying the def are 100% paid out to the attacker, independant who many players are attacking/how many attacks already have been made.
    2. Every percentage of damage on buildings gets distributed to all players participating dependant on the total defence damage everyone made until the just made attack and gets paid out immediately after the attack of anyone hitting the base is over.

A simple example for illustration:
    (resource distribution will be different in reality due to more complicated calculations (DF repair etc.))

2 Players are attacking one base, DF is dead, every building still full repaired.
    Player 1 destroyed 50% defence, Player 2 20% over the last attacks.
    Total Def Damage is thereby 70%.
    Player 2 now attacks and kills 3 Buildings.

All resources (100%) in this 3 Buildings are now split to 50%*(10/7) = 71,4% to Player 1 and 20%*(10/7) = 28,6% to Player 2 after the attack of Player 2 is over.
    Now repeat this for every attack.

Let me know what you think and if you have questions.

Uncle
  • gamerdruid
    2609 posts Moderator
    They have a solution however, so it's unlikely it will change in the short term other than the 'modifier' already mentioned.

• aewarren22
    16 posts Member
    edited January 27
    Just to clarify, does this new formula only take effect if more than 1 player attacks the base? I ask because there are times where players (Nod players especially) find an easy base where they can slip a vert or firehawk past the defense to get to the CY. Usually the defense isn't damaged that much since you are using a lure. So, for example, if you are the only one attacking the base but you can kill the CY in 2-3 hits without damaging the defense (or even one-shot a base by using a lure and high level vert if you are very lucky), does this now mean you will get barely any resources and RP?

If so, that really sucks. Frontline diggers depend on those easy kinds of kills to grow.
  • gamerdruid
    2609 posts Moderator
    edited January 28
    If only one player hits a forgotten stronghold (camp, outpost or base) then all the resources go to them.

Only if more than one player hits do the resources get reduced.
  • enigm
    109 posts Envision Developer
    Hey @Uncle_J00,

this would mean quite a change in what we currently have. Additionally, as stated, we will not hand out ressources to players who have attacked the base in the past. At the end of your attack you'll see and get the ressources. Not a few hours later or any other times. It would be outright strange and also what about repair in the meantime? Sorry, to tell you that, scenarios like this have been considered by the game designers and they decided against that.
  • I see the changes as positive for those who enjoy a good war game, I admit that team digging accelerates evolution, but it limits a part of the group that at times are forced to attack the more difficult bases that remain after the attack of a large group.

in the new scenario, everyone will have more room to evolve and the alliance grows stronger, which already happens in some alliances that do not use the multi-account resource, forming a stronger and more solid group.

this will make the worlds more competitive, I do not think the digging will become more time consuming because because the bases continued to be knocked down at the same time only with a greater distribution of labor and resources among all players, not a smaller group for X reasons:

example - more time to be in the game and etc ...)

that soon changes,

I think there have always been ways to try some advantage in the game and soon something will be created by players abilities, it is almost impossible to prevent this in online games and the only thing that can be done is to adapt, but at least we will have a different scenario in a game that over time many are already feeling bored: P

See you on the battle front!

S3r4ph1M
  • aewarren22
    16 posts Member
    edited January 30
    Thank you gamerdruid for your answer to my earlier question. But if what you said about the "auto-farm" script is true and a script like that does exist, that's pretty disturbing. Does this mean the game developers have no intention to ever fix the problem of all these private (i.e. not available to the wider community) third-party scripts being used by the big teams to get unfair advantages? Because that seems to be a much bigger and more insidious problem than multi-accounting, which is easy to spot even for players outside the alliance. EA could've just started banning guys being reported for excessive multi-accounting, instead of messing with the game and ruining teamplay like this.

Unless the developers address both issues effectively and make it impossible to use third-party scripts (which would also involve putting in additional in-game features), then it's not going to create the level playing field that makes the game fun and fair for everyone. Multi-accounting probably only got as bad as it did because guys were sick of losing to certain teams that cheat by making private scripts to give themselves an edge (not to mention autosims). And seeing some of those same teams that use these scripts then turn around and cry about multi-accounting and how unfair it is, is like the pot calling the kettle black. Either fix both issues, or don't mess with them at all.

Frankly, until the third-party script & autosim problem is addressed, there shouldn't even be a WCS. It should be the best team wins, not the team with the best script writers.
    Post edited by aewarren22 on
  • nefrontheone
    240 posts Member
    edited January 30
    I have seen an script in PTE called "autofarm" but it really is not an script that searches for the best targets to attack and attacks them until they are destroyed autonomously.
    The one that I have seen is a script that what it does is shoot continuously on a goal established by the player after a short pause between attacks. I think it would be better to call it "autoshoot".
    If the "repairall" cheat is activated in PTE it can be useful if you leave your machine on all day. But if the target you were attacking is destroyed, it did not select another autonomously, so it did not do anything else until the user selected another target.
    What I have heard and I have been told by the chat itself is "be careful, do not put your base near mine because the autofarm I use can select you as a target and destroy you". This script, I've never seen it.
    Using that script outside of the PTE would force players to buy hundreds of hours of repair, spend hundreds/thousands of euros on funds. And wait until the repair tanks are full to start using it.
    Not a part of EA / Envision teams - My comments are only mine.
  • Scripts are nothing new. Auto-scripts are nothing new. Cheat scripts are nothing new. They have been available since go live, none are secret on any level. You are either naive or have no clue how to code. The use of which is allowed through failure to actively monitor the game. Yep, you read correctly. It's illegal to drive 100mph on any public road in the US, but failure to monitor traffic is the same as actively supporting it.
  • gamerdruid
    2609 posts Moderator
    What I have heard and I have been told by the chat itself is "be careful, do not put your base near mine because the autofarm I use can select you as a target and destroy you". This script, I've never seen it.
    Using that script outside of the PTE would force players to buy hundreds of hours of repair, spend hundreds/thousands of euros on funds. And wait until the repair tanks are full to start using it.

I did say on the last PTE - i acknowledge its usefulness would be severely limited on a production world.

@Soixie - cheat scripts are nothing new - since the very early days of home computer games they have existed. Assuming I don't know how to code from what I have posted seems a leap in the dark!

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!