EA Forums - Banner

Patchnotes 19.1 PTE

123457Next

Replies

  • Soixie
    392 posts Member
    edited February 6
    The last couple of pages is like watching two kids argue about what color peddle bicycle is best to use on Nürburgring.
  • Da red wunz go fasta!
    Soixie wrote: »
    The last couple of pages is like watching two kids argue about what color peddle bicycle is best to use on Nürburgring.

    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • Da red wunz go fasta!
    Soixie wrote: »
    The last couple of pages is like watching two kids argue about what color peddle bicycle is best to use on Nürburgring.

    /high five
  • /5 ...
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • aewarren22
    16 posts Member
    edited February 6
    Don't be annoyed lol, this is probably the most energetic the forum has gotten in awhile :smile:
    First you are insisting so much that something is real, you know it you have it etc etc etc

    Where did I ever once claim I had it lol? I only said I've seen it firsthand, meaning I've had firsthand experience seeing it used against me :smile:
    I am not here to say that doesnt exist

    …sorry but that’s actually exactly what you said. You are claiming it’s a myth that players pulled out of thin air one day.

    It deserves a reply because it's wrong. If you were not playing this game during the time when it was first detected and the subsequent patches to prevent autosim on the server side, then you should educate yourself on that issue. Here are some patch notes from that period of time: https://forum.gamer.com.tw/C.php?bsn=21891&snA=70 (the original link on TA’s website is broken, but someone reposted it in another forum). You can find a video in five seconds on Youtube of one of the original autosims (with the code) if you looked.

    Regarding private scripts, which you also claim don’t exist, here is a screenshot of one of the private scripts your alliance created that gives an unfair advantage: https://prnt.sc/mhko56

    Anyway...the countermeasures EA designed do not stop players from creating new iterations of autosim to get around these measures. Given that many suspect others are using it (sorrow's words not mine), and it can't be that they all think so for no good reason, then it’s clearly still a problem -- at the very least because it makes players doubt the fairness of the game every time it pops up. Of course no one is going to have the actual script unless they are using it, and if that were the case, they'd have to be out. of. their. mind to share it with EA...lol. If a permanent solution is possible that doesn't require EA having the script, then there's no real reason not to eventually put it in place.

    Btw, I did offer to end the discussion awhile back so we could return to talking about the patch. Lol. I’m fine with stopping it here for good because I never wanted to get into a pointless back-and-forth over the existence of X, Y, Z script in the first place. This should not have been such a controversial topic.
  • The subject was done, and then you threw this wrench in lol.
    aewarren22 wrote: »
    Where did I ever once claim I had it lol? I only said I've seen it firsthand, meaning I've had firsthand experience seeing it used against me :smile:

    English is a pretty simple language. "Seeing" means that you had it in front of you. If you imagine autosim was used because someone else attacked in a strange way and the attacks worked well, then you have wonderful imagination, but you haven't seen the script.
    aewarren22 wrote: »
    You are claiming it’s a myth that players pulled out of thin air one day.

    No. We don't claim to know with certainty that it doesn't exist. After literally hundreds of times we have heard the subject, and asking the player who mentioned it, nobody has actually seen it... like you... What we are saying, is that before spending resources fixing a "problem", it makes sense to validate and be sure there actually is a problem to fix, not just an interesting urban legend.
    aewarren22 wrote: »
    You can find a video in five seconds on Youtube of one of the original autosims (with the code) if you looked.

    No. You can't. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=cncta+autosim

    There is less proof of autosim there than a blurry bigfoot photo. Statistically, it makes more sense to put the resources into an anti-bigfoot fence.
    aewarren22 wrote: »
    Regarding private scripts, which you also claim don’t exist, here is a screenshot of one of the private scripts your alliance created that gives an unfair advantage: https://prnt.sc/mhko56

    There are several public scripts that give more information than this. In my opinion, for a script to qualify for the category of "unfair advantage", first it has to be an "advantage". I never claimed there are no private scripts. I said there are developers in most if not all top alliances, but just because they have skils, it doesn't mean they cheat with them. The fact is that we use many tools to manage the information the game gives. We use a Discord server to communicate better than is possible in the game, we use many Google sheets to filter, evaluate, simplify, and share information regarding POIs, mergers, player evaluation, preparation for the fortress and other things... The game gives the information and all teams organize and share info however they do it. What we don't do, is use any type of private tool that gives unearned information, or alters the power in the game. If the game gives you "d, f, e, b, c, a", it is OK to use a tool that changes that to "a, b, c, d, e, f" so it is better organized and easier to see, but not OK to use a script that tells the game "also give me x and y" (which the game hasn't given you), or "change the d for a z" (which inserts a different reality into the game). So we don't hack private messages or a preview layouts that are out of our range, and we don't do things that increase the resources our players get from the game, or manipulate the outcome of attacks.

    PS - The fastest color pedals for Nürburgring are electric blue. :smiley:
  • aewarren22
    16 posts Member
    edited February 7
    WarriorXG wrote: »
    aewarren22 wrote: »
    You can find a video in five seconds on Youtube of one of the original autosims (with the code) if you looked.

    No. You can't. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=cncta+autosim

    There is less proof of autosim there than a blurry bigfoot photo. Statistically, it makes more sense to put the resources into an anti-bigfoot fence.

    I'm rolling my eyes at you through the screen (just a little). I didn't include the link to the video since it gets embedded automatically into the post, which looks awkward. The video is called 'Tiberium Alliances Combat Simulator Pro'. It shows up if you search for Tiberium Alliances prosim. It's one of the first versions, maybe even the original one that was created around world 97. The guy includes a link to the code. When it was finally made available publicly (many servers later), EA was able to do a patch. That doesn't prevent players from creating new versions to get around these countermeasures, and choosing not to make it public, for good reason. Hence why there have been several patches, EA basically has to play a cat and mouse game. So they have already spent resources on this, it just hasn't fixed it because doing it this way is not a complete solution.

    So please stop putting misinformation out there. Also, I find your argument inherently flawed. One side is saying autosim is a problem because we're still seeing it being used against us, but without the actual script EA can't do anything. And you are saying, no autosim is not a problem because you don't have the actual script. Lol. This is why we'll never see eye-to-eye.

    I'm not going to debate the definition of an 'unfair advantage' with you...lol. Nor do I care about your laundry list of all the ways your alliance absolutely, positively, 100% does not use extra scripts that exploit the game in any way, shape, or form. Lol.

    #scriptsarefakenews #whatisaNürburgring
  • Anyone who believes there is a scripting problem is completely clueless and naive.

    • Code to calculate "where you sector and land" isn't a secret = [Average loc of all your bases] - 40. If you don't know what that equation is, go back to high school and learn math. Seriously, grow up and get a clue on life. The fact someone out there may or may not have written a private script 'built into the game' is a joke. Most of us carry Google Docs for such things. If I showed you my world and player management tools, someone would easily believe I was cheating. You would absolutely die if you knew the amount of public information available through the game's open source data stream.
    • Sims to calculate attack cost are built into the game. The devs have even stated their use prior to being added to the game were acceptable and in fact encouraged, always. There is an entire forum dedicated to technical assistance and scripting. My God, I can't believe ppl are so brainless to believe their use is against the EULA or not in fact, supported 100% by the devs.
    • Sims to auto-calculate "best attack scenario" provide no advantage over the average player not using it. If you believe otherwise, stop playing the victim and learn how to play the game. The auto-sim does absolutely nothing that any experienced player cannot do themselves, absolutely nothing. The devs positions on their use have been crystal clear; while against the EULA - the development of code to prevent their use is nearly impossible and provide no added benefit to the community. You can jump up and down, scream kick and yell like 2 year olds all day long. Absolutely nothing shall be done about them.
    • Camp/Outpout auto selection sims - use is extremely rare, if at all. Just like auto-attack sims, they provide no real benefit. Learn how to play the game and stop playing victim.

    The fact that there are experienced programmers and advanced skilled players does not mean that they cheat. It means they are better than you. Stop balling your eyes out crying to your mother and learn how to play the game, or quit and leave so the adults can have fun.
  • gamerdruid
    2724 posts Moderator
    Use of all scripts within the Terms of Service & EULA is supported in the sense they are allowed. The scripts themselves are not supported if they go wrong or cause problems.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • aewarren22
    16 posts Member
    edited February 7
    Soixie wrote: »
    The fact that there are experienced programmers and advanced skilled players does not mean that they cheat. It means they are better than you.

    Lol. This should be a game where the players with the best skills win. This should not be a game where teams should be allowed to tip the playing field in their favor by finding better programmers. If you honestly believe the latter, there's no helping you :smile:

    But I realize you're being a troll on purpose. Nothing you posted makes any sense, misrepresents the entire debate, twists people's words around, and was already covered by me and others. And I could say the same thing about multi-accounting, and write off anyone complaining about it as a whiny loser, but even though I don't see it as unfair since everyone has the same opportunity to use alts, I acknowledge it makes other players upset and this is why EA decided to patch it.
  • gamerdruid
    2724 posts Moderator
    I think this debate, in this thread needs to be drawn to a conclusion. The view of those involved have been expressed clearly (to them at least) and further debate is not going to clarify any matter raised.

    I will close this thread, (about patch 19.1!) tomorrow sometime - you are free of course to restart it in it's own thread but i hope no-one will do that.

    GD
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • This was real interesting to follow and thanks man for the link to the autosim vid. Hope it shuts guys up for good.

    Agree it's time to move on when guys start insulting others as brainless clueless blah blah it means they have nothing to say. Respect to everyone who kept it clean for as long as they did.
  • Snake_X0X0
    14 posts Member
    edited February 7
    Seems there are players who don’t know the history behind patched exploits. Automation tools like auto sim were a big deal to the community just like the use of alts is today. Any discussion that auto sim is a myth is incorrect. You can go back and see the patch notes and forum posts during those days. It became a serious issue in the game and EA was committed to finding a way to stop it as it gave players an advantage, unlike anything that had ever been seen up to that point. That’s why there is a 10-second delay on combat sims lol. With each auto sim iteration, EA patched it anytime they got their hands on the code. Auto Sim has been an ongoing struggle to disrupt as programmers stay 1 step ahead and the code becomes more difficult to capture.

    It’s also logical to say that most scripts (not all) are developed and kept secret and used initially by a small group of players till they share them with others who share them with more people and so on until they are made public. And yes this is done to give them an advantage. It’s only human lol.

    There was a time you could RP farm your teammates base, eat an alt for its resources, lock a base during pvp, auto sim, and countless other exploits. All were patched for the good of the game. At the end of the day, EA needs to patch alt exploits, continue to try and disrupt automation tools and try and make it so everyone has equal access to the same scripts. I don’t think there is anything wrong with trying to achieve all of these goals in due time. Why would one be against trying to stop any of these goals? It will be good for the game!
  • Found the autosim...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcgryVL9jnk

    So there is an autosim script... i stand corrected :)

    The myth as we heard it, was that there is an autosim script that creates an unfair advantage and has turned the tide of servers. This is what warren said about the script.
    aewarren22 wrote: »
    And if I had the script myself, obviously I'd be as happy as a cat with a bowl of milk and I'd be doing whatever I could to convince EA to never mess with third-party scripts ever lol.

    That is not my impression of the script in the video. It takes a long time checking and making one irrelevant change at a time. The second base they sim in the video to illustrate how autosim works (minute 2:52) has barbed wire and scoopers on the left so it can be decoyed with a low level pitbull and paladin on the left, and snipers can kill everything on the right and commandos behind can go directly to the cy. It is a gimme. And Autosim is giving absolutely nothing useful. Not even putting a sniper to the right which is the obvious most RP from a hit on that base.

    If this is proof of a game cheat, it is an entertaining idea, but this script cannot be one that made a team conquer another in a server, much less WCS, where all players would be at a higher skill level. It would be funny to go up against a team in pvp where we get a 70% optimal first shot in pvp within the first minute, just by visually sizing up the defense, and then work on getting a better 2nd hit, and the enemy are waiting on this thing to give them more uninsightful suggestions. If that is the best autosim can do, it is actually a disadvantage.

    We found bigfoot but it turns out he is small and not a threat, so no need for a fence :)

    Just to be clear. Perhaps I am blunt and speak my mind and have a morbid sense of humor sometimes, but there is no hatred for Warren here. On the contrary. CNCTA is a game I have enjoyed for years, it has a lot of opportunities for getting into trouble and having fun without hurting anyone, and it is great that there are so many people passionate about the game, like warren and the others who post here. My hat is off to all who contribute in the forum and I am glad he is around. I actually appreciate warren.

    Since I have worked with Sorrowman organizing the team since it was founded years ago, I am very aware of how dedicated we are to playing a clean game, avoiding anything that would be cheating to get ahead, even at the potential expense of losing a server. This is a recurring theme for us internally. So it is important to stand up for the team when it is being frivolously accused by people who do not know us.
  • This thread is **** hilarious. I'm a multi-user and i love it cause I get to practice both factions and it really does help in the beginning of the server since there are bases that are easier with one faction vs the other (at least that's what i started using it for until of course i saw them used for prehitting). With these changes coming in, I thank Envision for helping me save my money and helped me decide to use my time elsewhere.

    Now as for those crying about losing a server to multis, that is funny. What I saw in Tib37 was a 55/45 ratio in terms of score and main base size distribution among the top teams on both sides fighting in the war. Given those numbers, it could have been any of the top 4 teams that won that server. As someone said, it takes a good organization to win the server, this is very true. So please give credit where credit is due--TTD and Legends kicked your **** in Tib37 so kudos to them.

    Now ofc you're calling them cheaters when clearly during the time UE was winning, we saw nothing but trash talking from some of their players in World Chat. Now that the server is decided, ya'll come here to continue your complaints about multis. That's funny. Also for those who claim they've never killed prehit bases, that's also ludicrous because I've seen a player or two from these top German teams that killed 7-10 bases in a 24-hour period and also at the end had almost the same number, if not more, of PvE kills as those who used multis (so how is that possible)?

    Wonder what you'll complain about next....
  • @WarriorXG

    I'd just like to point out the autosim video was posted only to prove its existence and that such a script is possible (since you kept demanding proof). There have been multiple iterations of autosim in the six years since that video was posted. The ones players are suspected of using nowadays seem more advanced, just from a subjective POV. Of course, not everyone is going to post a video showing it in action so it's impossible to know how much of an advantage they confer.

    And we could have an entire debate over whether autosims "turn the tide of servers," so I will just say that it's fair to assume that -- at the very least -- it forces the other team to spend more funds and time to defeat an enemy using it, since it helps make their average players better.

    I also hold no hard feelings. I appreciate the chance to debate issues that affect my gaming experience, and I agree that most players posting here want to make the game better (even if we disagree on how to do so).
  • I see gamers tirelessly testing and posting spreadsheets about the actual losses in the distribution of resources earned in multi-account attacks, but I've seen that in the update year the effects on loot distribution would be effective in new worlds

    my question is :

    the changes in resource distribution in multi-account attacks are active in some world, or will they only be introduced into new worlds?
  • gamerdruid
    2724 posts Moderator
    The changes are active on those worlds where the patch has been applied, more worlds will be patched next week. The part of 19.1 that deals with limits on subs is not going to be rolled out immediately to existing worlds but will be on the new WCS and any new worlds from 2019 onward.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • aewarren22 wrote: »
    Soixie wrote: »
    The fact that there are experienced programmers and advanced skilled players does not mean that they cheat. It means they are better than you.

    Lol. This should be a game where the players with the best skills win. This should not be a game where teams should be allowed to tip the playing field in their favor by finding better programmers. If you honestly believe the latter, there's no helping you :smile:

    But I realize you're being a troll on purpose. Nothing you posted makes any sense, misrepresents the entire debate, twists people's words around, and was already covered by me and others. And I could say the same thing about multi-accounting, and write off anyone complaining about it as a whiny loser, but even though I don't see it as unfair since everyone has the same opportunity to use alts, I acknowledge it makes other players upset and this is why EA decided to patch it.

    Funny, you're resorting to to personal attacks now.

    My posts aren't "what I believe", they are reality and facts of the game that have been proven to align with Envision on multiple occasions. You and others continually try and use some sort of personal ethics or morality in a space designed for profit. Until you learn to play the game you will continue to be railroaded on the battlefield by myself and others.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!