EA Forums - Banner

Opportunity to watch the fighting

HI guys,

I think it should be good for the game, and very entertaining to allow people to watch fights.

The game is very slow, but there is always something happening in a world !

I understand that will show defenses of course, but let's be realistic, defenses are almost all the same at high level, and its easy to see them with ALTs before the fight.. And seeing the def does not mean that you can simulate it !

I think this should be easy to do for devs*

Maybe that should be allowed only in certain area, maybe in center only? or in zone 40+ levels.

This part can be discussed ofc*

In the Tiberian 37 world, war is started since a few days ago, but if someone does not Stream, you cant really see what is happening :)

Thanks for reading this :)

Karpov.

Replies

• Yes, this is a great idea!!! But pls in 40+ levels. If you don't want it because you can see defs, you can allow it only for allies?
  • II_Karpov_II
    18 posts Member
    edited January 5
    Yes, this is a great idea!!! But pls in 40+ levels. If you don't want it because you can see defs, you can allow it only for allies?

It could be an option for alliances to active the spectate mode for allies or not, yes.

I dont know what's the best method to regulate the spectate mode, any idea is welcome :)
  • Yes Good Idea would make for more intresting Play while perhaps your waiting for say CP or Repair time Stops boredom and keeps players interested
  • Yes Good Idea would make for more intresting Play while perhaps your waiting for say CP or Repair time Stops boredom and keeps players interested

Totaly true, even if you know that you will not be able to take first the Center, Seeing the fights will motivate you to continue the world. And to support your Allies.

I dont know one single online game that does not have his spectate mode. Really :))

The thing is that here, spectate mode is already coded, it need just a bit of work to make it open for more people :))
  • Great Idea. So this game will maybe take a second life ^^
  • leman4o
    4 posts New member
    Hello. I see that you liked my idea with stream.
    Subscribe)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCap1AfMsJaRhEtihlcbk_SQ
  • II_Karpov_II
    18 posts Member
    edited January 5
    Bergperser wrote: »
    Great Idea. So this game will maybe take a second life ^^

I have an example of a game that had its second life partly thanks to the spectator mode : Age of empires 2!

Microsoft abandonned the game... Until they see that there is a huge number of active players! And a community that is building the game whithout them..

One of AoE2 DLC was built by fans... Then they became microsoft workers :))

Post edited by II_Karpov_II on
  • This is a great idea. This will help a lot with the down time. Instead of leaving the game or playing something, we can watch others battle while waiting for resources to rebuild. Lets try and make this happen.
  • It's an amazing idea, that will help others to see battles and give some idea to others how to play pvp, it will be great fun :)
  • This would be a great development in an already fun game. I believe it would pull more players as youtube videos would likely be more plentiful with more material for others to watch.
  • I have added this to our list of possible feature for future updates. Can't promise anything yet.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • not good idea as enemy from other alliances can see fighting in diff sectors
  • not good idea as enemy from other alliances can see fighting in diff sectors

Spectating is only possible with bases within the attack range of one of your bases. This would still apply.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • II_Karpov_II
    18 posts Member
    edited January 8
    not good idea as enemy from other alliances can see fighting in diff sectors

Spectating is only possible with bases within the attack range of one of your bases. This would still apply.

Thx for taking into account my suggestion, and i discovered that a lot of players are ok with it.

But the idea is about seeing fights in different sectors. Otherwise it is totaly useless.

This idea is about seeing big alliances fighting each other, and people commenting that !

If there is still the attack range rule, its totally the opposite of what I proposed. And let's be clear again : Its almost useless, it will change nothing. x)

Because in the battelfield area, there is usually guys who are fighting each other. So they dont need that to spectate!

Maybe allow it only in certain area, like the center.

• @EE_Elephterion ,

They want live action video stream for anyone on the world, not just the two bases involved.
  • Soixie wrote: »
    @EE_Elephterion ,

They want live action video stream for anyone on the world, not just the two bases involved.

That's it ! But maybe just in some places like the center, not everywhere.
  • Spectating is only possible with bases within the attack range of one of your bases. This would still apply.

It is possible for a player to spectate outside his base's range if he views the announcement that someone in his alliance launched a raid. Other than that, only within his reach.
    But the idea is about seeing fights in different sectors. Otherwise it is totaly useless.

Maybe allow it only in certain area, like the center.
    This part I very much agree to. One thing I'd like to see in any world, is to spectate the attack on the forgotten fortress. This is regardless if I am in the same alliance and/or being too far to view. This is so long as I am online when they begin/are attacking the fortress.