EA Forums - Banner

coming new patch

if it on old worlds it kill them when to few players on them so you can not fill 4 hubs if take away sub on them.

Replies

• gamerdruid
    2042 posts Moderator
    No new patch has been rolled out for quite some time. They’re working on 19.1 but it has been delayed by the holidays.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • in some old worlds it is so few players when many quit and send sub so if take away sub those worlds dead when you can not fill 4 hubs longer.
  • New patch preventing subs shall be the death of many old servers.

Immanent doom, but of course absolutely no communication regarding when the hammer is coming or any specific details regarding this "30 day limit". Calendar or playtime? When does the clock start? With the patch or shall players be cut off at the knees like rotting fungus? This patch is a horrific detrimental waste of time that doesn't address the sub problem on any level and shall destroy quite a few good paying customers (and worlds).
  • methuselah
    293 posts Senior Moderator
    This is the old "unintended consequences" thing rearing it's head. The community has made a big deal out of people abusing the sub system in the newer servers. The developer is reacting to that concern by trying to make it harder for people to abuse.

A by product of that fix is going to be what you describe above but I'm told there is no way around that. Either they let people abuse substitutions going forward or they try to clean it up which will have the by product of thinning out old worlds. In certain circumstances that will be frustrating, say if you've invested time in growing a sub. In certain circumstances that will be inconvenient, say you have a sub you've been using to hold POI or you are trying to tackle the fort and you need virus help.

In certain circumstances it will make those old servers a little more interesting, holding POI just got MUCH harder!