EA Forums - Banner

19.1?

is there patch notes? or we don't know yet?

Replies

• gamerdruid
    2365 posts Moderator
    edited January 9
    Look up at the sticky announcement about 19.1 for the PTE https://forums.ea.com/en/commandandconquer/discussion/236932/patchnotes-19-1-pte#latest - some of the notes are there -
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • Ok thank you!
  • No information available regarding timing. We're losing the game for a week starting January 22nd due to server host, it'd be a nice time to patch and get it all done at the same time.
  • gamerdruid
    2365 posts Moderator
    Fact: The downtime will over the course of ONE DAY not a week.

Timing of patches for the game is up to the development team, as you well know. 19.1 will be placed on the PTE when internal testing suggests it is ready. I don't know when that will be, neither does anyone else not on the team doing the work.
  • Soixie
    348 posts Member
    edited January 16
    gamerdruid wrote: »
    Fact: The downtime will over the course of ONE DAY not a week....

Want to make a poll for fun and see what the public believe?

Fact: Last cloud maintenance was a month recovery

I'm not holding my breath.
  • gamerdruid
    2365 posts Moderator
    Well hopefully they have learned from their errors. Until it happens, a bit like BREXIT, no-one will really know!
  • I'm crossing my fingers as well, I do wish them success.
  • WHY did they remove the CSDIM simulator that was the best and easiest simulator to use with the 19.1 patch, they finally get the game to work properly and then they go and mess with it again put it back into the dark ages.
  • rpknkmk wrote: »
    WHY did they remove the CSDIM simulator that was the best and easiest simulator to use with the 19.1 patch, they finally get the game to work properly and then they go and mess with it again put it back into the dark ages.

Not exactly sure what you mean with CSDIM, we did not remove any features from the game. If you are referring to a script, that's not on our part.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • gamerdruid
    2365 posts Moderator
    Center Driven script pack was updated yesterday. CDSim (I presume that is what is meant) may have been part of that pack.
  • yes it is a script, and part of cnc centerdriven package
  • methuselah
    328 posts Senior Moderator
    If my memory serves, he has quit updating centerdriven.
  • gamerdruid
    2365 posts Moderator
  • Seriously! As if EA continues to not know what the problem is with their changes!

All the changes continue to penalize PvP. When will EA start punishing players for respawning bases and not repairing anything, while their defences will heal fully, thus resulting in negative loot when they are destroyed?

More changes to kill PvP even more than it already is penalized, after all the previous stupid changes in the previous stupid patches.
  • TBI0999 wrote: »
    Seriously! As if EA continues to not know what the problem is with their changes!

All the changes continue to penalize PvP. When will EA start punishing players for respawning bases and not repairing anything, while their defences will heal fully, thus resulting in negative loot when they are destroyed?

More changes to kill PvP even more than it already is penalized, after all the previous stupid changes in the previous stupid patches.

Not to mention the issue with subs is badly handled. If someone sends a sub and does not return in time, we have no way to contact the person. Why does EA not inform the player the sub is expiring in e.g. 30 days time, instead of just stopping the sub from our end?! At least that way the other player can return and renew the sub.

FACT: Some sub requests are actually genuine, NOT A result of multi-accounting. Perhaps EA should actually look at what is happening to the older worlds instead of screwing around with the new world players!
  • gamerdruid
    2365 posts Moderator
    edited February 7
    Yes, subs can be genuine, but at present the old worlds won't be affected. As subs can't PvP they're not much use for PvP on a new world that hasn't started yet.
  • Subbed accounts can hold POIs. In fact, for longer term sub accounts, that's what they are mainly used for.