EA Forums - Banner

Leaving game (19.1)

nefrontheone
272 posts Member
edited February 3
Sorry if someone asked about this before. O:-)

Until version 18.3 when trying to leave the page, a message similar to "Now you are leaving the game, are you sure?" appears.
HCwm9W56TsW4IHqfAm6G3A.png

Several times, by a mistake by me, this message has prevented me from leaving the game by accident.
In the new version 19.1 this message no longer appears, directly closes the page and leaves the game. Even when you want to change to other world, do not ask for confirmation.
Not a part of EA / Envision teams - My comments are only mine.
Post edited by nefrontheone on

Replies

• gamerdruid
    2721 posts Moderator
    It is by design and not a bug. The details are missing from the patch notes but will be added on Monday, I am told.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • nefrontheone
    272 posts Member
    edited February 3
    Well, I don't like this change. :-(
    The prior function was better.
  • gamerdruid
    2721 posts Moderator
    I agree with you - it is better to be warned if you leave a world or a sub.
  • Well, the prompt was originally include before the new login system and session managements, to prevent you from accidentally closing the tab because you had to login with your credentials if that happened.

That is not the case anymore since every browser now can restore closed tabs from their history with one click, complete with your session running etc.
    So the prompt has become obsolete and was mostly only annoying, and we decided to retire it.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • It has happened to me many times that when making the change of world quickly, I changed to another.
    - Access Options
    - My Worlds tab (at least four different worlds)
    - I clicked on the one I wanted
    - Quickly click on "Change world"

Just before clicking on the button, the available worlds were reordered (without my intervention) and another was selected that was not the one I had selected. With what I had to cancel the world change and re-select the correct one. With this "updated" feature I imagine that it will directly change me to a world that I did not want directly without being able to correct the selection.
  • gamerdruid
    2721 posts Moderator
    I've not had the selection change on me, but I agree with you it is a bad move. Yes, the updated feature moves you directly to the new world (from PTE where the patch is live.)