EA Forums - Banner

Spam Messaging has gotten out of control.... WHY?

Replies

• gamerdruid
    2233 posts Moderator
    Is the content obnoxious in any way? Or is it just the shear volume?
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • > @gamerdruid said:
    > Is the content obnoxious in any way? Or is it just the shear volume?

Really Gamedruid?!?!!! Karl just went to all the trouble to compile the Spam levels of messaging & your response is that quote-- How about I make it easier & stipulate that the shear volume of messages [in the 100's] qualifies as obnoxious
  • 136 messages in 4hrs i am unable to post a print screen as i have not been a member long enough ;-(
  • @gamerdruid if you got account on F11 i can send you my sub so you can see them
  • gamerdruid
    2233 posts Moderator
    Substitution is unnecessary. i believe you. I am trying to assist the devs by getting you to post as much detail as you can. I understand the quantity is obnoxious, but action has a greater likelihood to be taken, imho, if the content is also obnoxious and likely to offend. (In fact, in some jurisdictions the content could be illegal if the content is likely to offend or is against local / national statute.)
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • Hundreds of people are on his spam chain. I've received 300-400 messages from him. I would guess it is now in the HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of spam messages. Please do something, I assume dozens of people have reported him already and still no change.
  • Gentlemen if they ban the account of this subject " ultragruppen ", it is not possible that every day have 260 new mails of this lunatic, do something for something we pay the funds, of this game if not so that you are only to charge at the end of the month?
    It's about time to do something with these subjects, and stop putting so many patches and so many stories and conplicar life to the players of Command & Conquer: TA, just ask a little respect is so much to ask?
    If they ignore the reports, so that we waste our time reporting, and complaining in the forum?
  • The speed of the spam is quite impressive really. I think we're dealing with ADHD combined with large doses of caffeine and/or adderall with a serious commitment to the craft. I think the grand total today is over 300 individual messages per account in the list. Counting the last couple of days, we'll be over a thousand soon.
  • 4 more in the time it took to write that reply above.
  • Firestrom 11
    This is a shame, we have to be posting here and there is no administrator on the server that controls this, as in other games, 243 new emails in an hour, and so every day, it is impossible for this subject to "ultragruppen" the write by hand is a new message every 20 seconds, so that we report in the game? If they do not pay attention to us, they send us an automatic email that the report will be reviewed, and after 5 minutes they have reviewed it, what are we paying for? if they consent to this?
    Less patches and more control.
  • Hundreds of people are on his spam chain. I've received 300-400 messages from him. I would guess it is now in the HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of spam messages. Please do something, I assume dozens of people have reported him already and still no change.
    I believe you guys here are dealing with a spam bot. The person behind it must have crafted a malicious google extension that enable spam messaging. If only there's a way to kick/ban his account or have an option to delete messages that are sent under his name.
    I would want to see a chat blacklisting service in one of TA's update. This would probably knock out the spammer as most of his victims has black listed him. also add a filter option and a mass delete option that filters on selected key words.
  • He's bragging about it as well:
    "
    guys gotta check out the forum hahahahha i can't stop laughing :))))))))

the "4 more while i wrote this" aced the cake :)))))))

forums.ea.com/en/commandandconquer/discussion/239985/spam-messaging-has-gotten-out-of-control-why/p2#latest"
  • this is not a bot, that uses a type of script or program is separate, but as I say this is not a bot, it is a person, for which he has answered and apart he writes for the global chat of the firestrom 11, and as he says the companion of the previous post boasts of seeing the forum, if the admins of EA allows this, it is to leave this game and look for one where they respect the users, since we are the ones who feed them.