EA Forums - Banner

PTE Reset Today, 28th Feb

Prev1
Hello Testers!

we are going to reset the PTE today to test some new world configuration!
It will feature an increased level cap for players and NPCs alike, starting level will be 60!

This iteration will mostly focus on looking at how the game behaves at these increased numbers of costs and endgame gameplay in general.

The downtime will be approximately from 12:00 - 14:00 UTC.

We hope to see familiar and new faces alike on the PTE, there is stuff to break :)
Envision Entertainment Community Liaison

Replies

• Nice news :smile: 60-th level - cool !!!
  • Ok, the PTE is now under a reset... managed to get in there a minute before the reset just to see which sector and alliance I would have to join. Also how long is the down time?
  • gamerdruid
    2522 posts Moderator
    It is usually around 45 mins if things go according to 'plan', as in the way it has been done in the past. Although, sometimes it can last for much longer (or shorter) times. It's very variable!
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • Has one downtime reached more than an hour? Right now I'm waiting with 2 accounts. PTE is the easiest server when it comes to balancing 2 profiles. I might even like it.
  • PTE should now be starting up again, so it won't take too long now till its back online.
  • Well, that did not work like intended, we will be taking a while longer to fix the starting resources.
  • gamerdruid
    2522 posts Moderator
    Seems like a little burp..... Online, offline....due to a little technical hitch.
  • alright, NOW we are back and running again :)
  • what is NPC's
  • off topic why does it say i am new member here i been playing this game with this account for 6 years llol
  • gamerdruid
    2522 posts Moderator
    edited February 28
    because you haven't posted in this new forum very much.

Explanation here: https://forums.ea.com/en/commandandconquer/discussion/239831/role-changes-member-or-new-member#latest
  • Aurelie080
    4 posts New member
    Restart script repairallpte , delet off up 63 and price lvl 60 this stupid
  • Aurelie080 wrote: »
    Could you please tell me what exactly happened? Your comment seems to be too garbled for me or other people to understand. Did a script in the PTE cause all your units to lvl 60 or something. I'm no longer playing in the PTE cause of the fact its quite hard to make all production rates sync. My version of multi-accounting is a bad idea. I'm just giving myself a hard time. @gamerdruid, you try something like this in TA and copying the layout to Cncopt:
    1. In the game choose 2 layouts of similar tiberium and crystal arrangements.
    q5id7o15iuz6.png
    jpqernm2sy7m.png
    2. Place all the buildings in both layouts that all production rates are equal.
    xx0w9dwtxx2m.png
    c3ditwuzk0bt.png

When it comes to actual game, I do this when I multi-account, PTE or not. I just want a opposite faction version of my base, even though it is very time consuming. I really forgot why I didn't want to do multi-accounting.
  • gamerdruid
    2522 posts Moderator
    Aurelie080 wrote: »

There is no 'RepairAllPTE' on this version of the PTE!
  • Aurelie080
    4 posts New member
    Sur le nouveau PTE j'ai monté mon attaque à 63+ , pour récupérer de la réparation il faut revendre et racheter son attaque. Sauf qu'en utilisant ceci l'attaque retombe a 60+ voir 61

On the new PTE I mounted my attack to 63+, to recover from the repair it is necessary to resell and buy back his attack. Except that by using this the attack falls back to 60+ see 61
  • gamerdruid
    2522 posts Moderator
    Yes, it's an unfortunate side effect of the system of selling and buying instead of repairing.

Players doing this to replace repairallpte I understand, but the need is also a side affect of starting at level 60 with only one base (or 13). If you had more resources to create more bases then eventually you'd equal the resource output of players who take years to reach level 60.
  • Testing for the level 70 units with the current PTE setup will take a long time, because to get to level 70 offense you first need to upgrade a base to produce max power to level 70 everything, and even then the best you can get in power production is around 40G/h, so it will take another 70+ days after that to farm up to level 70 offense units.
    Right now after 2 weeks of farming the best power production on the server is something like 22G/h. So at the very least 3 months to get there.
    Was this test really intended to take that long or was this a miscalculation?
  • gamerdruid
    2522 posts Moderator
    For testing of level 70, you don't need everything to be level 70. Some already have level 70 accumulators, to no ill effect. Some have level 70 command centres too. Armies are frequently stuck at 60 because of repair times and the almost universal use of the sell/buy technique to replace damaged units rather than repair them.
  • Shinerplunderer
    181 posts Member
    edited March 16
    With an overabundance of CP, why not have ALL bases have an offense. This allows the repair time issue to be solved. It doesn't look obvious, but in a regular world one is restricted to 10 Cp/H. In a PTE, you can reset your CP whenever you want, bringing it back to 1000. Has anyone thought of this? That way, you could have a lvl 70+ offense.
  • gamerdruid
    2522 posts Moderator
    edited March 16
    I think the majority of players on the PTE have 13-14 bases with offenses at 60. They use their crystal to increase their defence, and the tiberium to increase accumulators and also power plants to increase power. One major drawback is the lack of power. We're effectively trying to do in 30-50 days what normally takes around 5 years. The big complaint on old worlds is lack of power and the same is on the PTE.

Because we have 2d12h max repair doesn't mean we can repair a balanced army easily, or quickly because of the cost (especially in power) of upgrading repair buildings the repair time is still high.