EA Forums - Banner

PTE Reset Today, 28th Feb

2Next

Replies

• gamerdruid wrote: »
    I think the majority of players on the PTE have 13-14 bases with offenses at 60. They use their crystal to increase their defence, and the tiberium to increase accumulators and also power plants to increase power. One major drawback is the lack of power. We're effectively trying to do in 30-50 days what normally takes around 5 years. The big complaint on old worlds is lack of power and the same is on the PTE.
    Of all the bases a player has, does each have 10 to 12 offense armies? Power can be a big issue. Maybe in the next reset, increase all power production by 1.5 to 2.5 the amount per level. In the next PTE reset, I'm joining. In the old worlds, was multi-accounting ever a complaint? We could have a mix of old and new world ecos for the next worlds to deter multi-accounting and call it 'renaissance economy'.
  • gamerdruid
    2588 posts Moderator
    Yes, most (if not all) players seem to have 10-12 offense armies although they are all Salamanders or Kodiaks.

In the old worlds, no, multi-accounting wasn't a complaint, but other things such as account eating was. Multi-accounting started in earnest when 'refer a friend' was abused with players referring 100 or many more accounts, all of their own alts in order to get the codes for resources.

I suppose, once those accounts were created, then the thought must have been 'how do we exploit them?' because other things were done that spoiled the game for plain one account players with limited funding.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
    Yes, most (if not all) players seem to have 10-12 offense armies although they are all Salamanders or Kodiaks.

In the old worlds, no, multi-accounting wasn't a complaint, but other things such as account eating was. Multi-accounting started in earnest when 'refer a friend' was abused with players referring 100 or many more accounts, all of their own alts in order to get the codes for resources.

I suppose, once those accounts were created, then the thought must have been 'how do we exploit them?' because other things were done that spoiled the game for plain one account players with limited funding.
    ALL Salamanders or Kodiaks?! That's very inefficient!!! They should have a mix between anti-infantry, vehicle and structure. A mix of units like Mammoths, Kodiaks, Snipers, Juggernaut and Orcas for GDI or Avatar, Salamanders, Confessors, Specters and Cobras for Nod.
    I didn't know that multi-accounting was abused with the refer a friend function. Was that function removed? The game should have a limitation on how many accounts can be tied to a single group of IP addresses. Anywhere pass that point, and the account can't join no matter what it tries to do. I would suggest 5 accounts per group of IP addresses.
  • gamerdruid
    2588 posts Moderator
    All salamanders or all kodiaks is inefficient on a regular world, but on the PTE it is not. All bases can be single shot with that setup and most camps too as the majority of camps around a player base is 62 with a few 63 and a rare 64.
  • If said heavy air structure destroyer happens to raid a anti-air oriented base/outpost/camp? There should be a mix of all late units. The units I'm taking about are the ones after the Specter/Commando.
  • gamerdruid
    2588 posts Moderator
    Very few forgotten bases/camps at level 62, 63 and 64 can't be destroyed with a level 60 suite of salamanders with 160% bonus. There are no 60+ outposts generated.

Some do use upgraded cobras to soften up the defence, but it is rarely necessary.

This test on the PTE is about how the servers behave with 65+ units and buildings, although very few have army units as high as 65.
    Very few forgotten bases/camps at level 62, 63 and 64 can't be destroyed with a level 60 suite of salamanders with 160% bonus. There are no 60+ outposts generated.

Some do use upgraded cobras to soften up the defence, but it is rarely necessary.

This test on the PTE is about how the servers behave with 65+ units and buildings, although very few have army units as high as 65.
    Does this come at the cost of repair time? I mean that An army full of salamanders who managed to kill a level 62 camp gets like 3 hours worth of RT. I would suggest a mix of infantry vehicles and Aircraft and just have the entire army march into the base for fast destruction.
    I always follow a rule of efficiency to maximize my combats. I try to minimize both repair time and command points in order to maximize the number of attacks I can perform. CP isn't an issue in PTE but RT and power is.
    The 19.1.1 patch is being applied to Tiberian 38. Does this mean PTE gets a reset soon? I would like to play in it as my game exclusive alt. I would also like to have power and repair time (if 10 seconds has passed, there should be 20 seconds worth of repair time) production doubled per level (on power plants and accumulators) on the next PTE reset.
  • Does this come at the cost of repair time?
    Well, i think people sell and then buy back the units. Because level 60 units you get costlessly, it requires exactly 0 repair time. It is also much easier to have only one type of units (salamanders), and send them all into attack if you then simply sell/buyback.
    Some people have 17 bases now, to get there you need 57T credits, how many level 61-62 camps (each giving let's say 5G credits) does that take? Many thousands, I suppose. No rt would ever be enough for that.

• gamerdruid
    2588 posts Moderator
    The 19.1.1 patch is being applied to Tiberian 38. Does this mean PTE gets a reset soon? I would like to play in it as my game exclusive alt. I would also like to have power and repair time (if 10 seconds has passed, there should be 20 seconds worth of repair time) production doubled per level (on power plants and accumulators) on the next PTE reset.
    PTE has had 19.1.1 for a while now. The 'ending' of a test such as 19.1.l doesn't mean a reset, normally, it's only when something new is to be tested that it is reset.

On the current PTE cp is unlimited and if a player sells and places a unit that is damaged rt is not used. It is only if the unit is a higher level than 60 that rt comes into play.

A balanced army is not needed on the current PTE due the wide use of the exploiting of the placement of level 60 units.

• EE_Elephterion
    1066 posts Envision Developer
    For the future of the PTE we hope to resolve this exploit of PTE mechanics. This kind of meta-gaming has impacted the usefulness of the PTE negatively.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • Shinerplunderer
    181 posts Member
    edited March 19
    Why was it that we started at 60 at worked our way to 70? I would want the PTE to start at lvl 1, with 1 octillion worth of resources to help bring us to level 70 (might be too much). To avoid exploitation of attacking whilst low in repair time, one can only attack if it is guaranteed that after the attack, the player gets to keep a fully repaired offense.
    Also in forgotten base/outpost/camp generation, at least 25% of all units should be either anti-infantry, vehicle or aircraft. That is 25% or more should be anti-infantry, another 25% for anti-vehicles and another for anti-aircraft.
  • gamerdruid
    2588 posts Moderator
    The reasoning for a level 60 start rather than anything else, I don't know. The same exploitation took place when we had a level 30 start so they can't have been surprised it happened when they decided to not give the repairallpte cheat. I've suggested a repairarmyPTE as a way forward as well as being unable to sell damaged units. These 2 changes would probably defeat the exploits, but still allow gameplay to test out the various things they wish to have tested.
  • EE_Elephterion
    1066 posts Envision Developer
    We wanted players to test out that new level tier right from the start, but with the sell exploit there is obviously little incentive.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • We wanted players to test out that new level tier right from the start, but with the sell exploit there is obviously little incentive.
    I disagree. The incentive to build offense is there, but the problem is power.
    You cannot upgrade power quickly without massive spoils, you cannot upgrade army without first building up massive power. At these levels such upgrading takes ages even with exploit. If there was no exploit, it would take years to upgrade offense, and fewer players would be playing because you have to wait for rt for too long without doing anything, so you would get a lot fewer people doing anything. I think the server would be dead from the start.
  • Shinerplunderer
    181 posts Member
    edited March 24
    p0ir_r0tt wrote: »
    I disagree. The incentive to build offense is there, but the problem is power.
    Then I would suggest doubling or tripling the power production per level. If a lvl 12 base can make 35k an hour, it should be able to make 70 or over a 100k an hour. We could say that the modifier increases per level to speed up growth in the slower stages and not the ones at the start of the level. A lvl 10 should have no modifier, but for lvl 11 to 20, it should have twice and so on. Said modifier should increase per 10 levels.
  • not to even try to pretend i fully understand the math behind it but , im thinking that the % the Return On Investimate decreases as the level of the production buildings increse, should it self be decreased or even caped at some point . not to where the prices go down but the prodution goes up ?lol.. surely there is some one that could fix what im saying with numbers and big words ?