EA Forums - Banner

Chat - cannot whisper certain players

Tried to /whisper a player the other day and it didn't work. Used both keyboard and mouse option to whisper. Also, the /list dialog box keep kicking in every time I tried to whisper that player

Something to do with a "-" in the player's name ...

Workaround, click on the whisper tab and type in the player's name and then the message.

Replies

• gamerdruid
    3888 posts Moderator
    edited March 2019
    Is this a 'new' problem, or just one you've just noticed that may have been around for a long time?

Have you got any scripts running that are in some way a 'chat enhancement' or 'chat helper'? If so, try /whisper with them disabled.

Do you get an error message? I've just tried messaging someone with /whisper with a '-' in the name and it appeared to work (they were offline and not in my alliance so I can't be certain). There was no error message to indicate it wasn't working.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • It seems to be a bug in the "TA Chat Helper Enhanced" feature in the "CnC TA: Crucial Pack All in One by DebitoSphere" script pack. I have the latest version.
  • gamerdruid wrote: »
    Is this a 'new' problem, or just one you've just noticed that may have been around for a long time?

Have you got any scripts running that are in some way a 'chat enhancement' or 'chat helper'? If so, try /whisper with them disabled.

Do you get an error message? I've just tried messaging someone with /whisper with a '-' in the name and it appeared to work (they were offline and not in my alliance so I can't be certain). There was no error message to indicate it wasn't working.
    @gamerdruid, did the chat have a recent makeover in one of the most recent updates? I think I might know the issue behind this. Its the 19.1 update, proving that the chat helper enhanced was working before the update.

• gamerdruid
    3888 posts Moderator
    I'm unaware of changes in the chat - but it is possible.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!