EA Forums - Banner

Firestorm 11. Level 58 Tunnel Exits

Would you please explain why the maximum outpost level seems to be capped at 50 when we have Level 58 Tunnel Exits?
Kinda defeats the object.

Replies

• no comment, huh
  • Van_DiSarzio
    17 posts Member
    edited March 13
    bumpity bump
    B)
  • No idea. Maybe its because the outpost level maximum is lower than camps while bases are lower than them. Maybe forgotten bases only reach to lvl 45. I would like a moderator to explain these to me in this topic.
  • gamerdruid
    2646 posts Moderator
    I think it is beyond the scope of knowledge of this moderator - it probably needs someone with inside information or access to such information such as a developer :smiley:
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • So the knowledge is out of your grasp? Btw, what is the maximum forgotten base level in regular worlds? I'm sure you know that. Also what is the highest outpost/camp you have seen? Anyways, I would like to know why the issue regarding outposts is appearing. Maybe it needs testing and a resolution in the PTE.
  • gamerdruid
    2646 posts Moderator
    edited March 14
    I've seen level 47 and 48 bases on regular worlds. Highest camp is 65 as that is set as the max (currently 70 is the setting being tested on the PTE). I can't remember the highest outpost, but it is somewhere close to the 47 or 48 of the majority of highest tunnels on the worlds I'm on.
  • This world is a little different, druid. Has level 50 Forgotten bases and 58 TEs. Infortunately, seems the devs simply forgot to raise the cap on outposts from 50
  • gamerdruid
    2646 posts Moderator
    You could be correct, I've spotted a level 58 tunnel.

I am assuming therefore that your level is high enough to trigger high outposts.
  • We will be doing a restart of the Firestorm 11 world between 12:00 - 13:00 UTC, so roughly in one hour.
    This serv4es to make changes to the worlds configuration and allow for spawning higher level outposts.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • Thank you!
  • zaklaxton
    7 posts New member
    seems that this update changed the max base level since there is now a level 55 base near the center h ttps://prnt.sc/myhmcs
  • gamerdruid
    2646 posts Moderator
    Interesting - must be a side effect of the changes to the tunnels. I'll ask on Monday!
  • The level 55 base stands out next to the other lvl 45+ bases. Maybe the upgrade on that world should have all bases near the center raised by 10 (except the lvl 55 base). I'd like to see that change (both high level base[players and forgotten], outposts and camps) to all incoming servers. An example is the next Tiberian World.
  • gamerdruid
    2646 posts Moderator
    edited March 16
    One of the new features originally rolled out on FS11 was to have the base levels 'mixed up'. ie, have a few bases in an area that didn't conform to the general progression as on a normal world. FS11 was a 'special' world with this change (and some others).
  • EE_Elephterion
    1129 posts Envision Developer
    Yes, as pointed out Firestorm worlds are special worlds, where we try to spice things up and try out different configurations of the world.

FS11 saw some offset to the levels in a spiral shape towards the center. Something that was nicely to observe on the world map, how player progress flowed into the low level corridors where others tried to break through the level walls and shortcut top the next corridor.

These sort of unconventional configurations are reserved to Firestorm worlds however.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • Hi, thanks for fixing the Outpost levels. Wonder if you cac look at the camp levels as for some reason they only go up to 52, despite having 52+ Offs. Weirdly, I never saw a single Lvl 53 Outpost either. 50, 51, 52, 54, 55, 56 and 57 but no 53. Glitch? @EE_Elephterion