EA Forums - Banner

PTE maintenance Patch 19.1.1

Hello Testers!

We got a little update for alter today. We plan to take down the PTE world around 14:oo - 15:00 UTC, apply the update and have you test it out.

Changes:
  • We implemented a threshold value to trigger the loot distribution. If the player destroying the CY has done 80% or more of the total damage done to the base, they now receive to full amount of loot again.

Please make sure you test this change thoroughly as we plan to launch WCS with that addition to 19.1
Envision Entertainment Community Liaison

Replies

• aahessu
    8 posts New member
    A few clarifying questions to understand if the update works as planned:

Does "The total damage done to the base" mean

1. damage done to the defense or
    2. damage done to the buildings

If the 1st, is the 80% calculated from the total defense or from the amount of defense that is destroyed?
  • EE_Elephterion
    1094 posts Envision Developer
    In total means to everything, over all attacks combined.

This change should allow players to assist each other again.
  • aahessu
    8 posts New member
    To clarify, the 80% includes amount of damage dealt to defense and buildings
  • EE_Elephterion
    aahessu wrote: »
    To clarify, the 80% includes amount of damage dealt to defense and buildings

Thats the intention.
  • nefrontheone
    241 posts Member
    edited March 13
    To clarify, will not reward be given for each attack until the last attack that destroys the CY?
    Or will damages to the defense be charged after each attack?

"has done 80% or more of the total damage done to the base"
    What will happen when the CY is in the lower part (bottom) of the base and is destroyed without breaking anything else from the base? http://prntscr.com/mxcu0c or http://prntscr.com/mxcwei
    Not a part of EA / Envision teams - My comments are only mine.
  • EE_Elephterion
    To clarify, will not reward be given for each attack until the last attack that destroys the CY?
    Or will damages to the defense be charged after each attack?

Not sure i completely understand the question. Only loot from the base kill is affected. Previous attacks should remain unchanged.
  • My father kill defense and two structures http://prntscr.com/mxcwei
    If I'll destroy CY (no 80% base destroyed by me) Would not he have the right to a loot?
  • EE_Elephterion
    No, those changes have been detailed here a month ago. https://forums.ea.com/en/commandandconquer/discussion/236932/patchnotes-19-1-pte#latest
    My father kill defense and two structures http://prntscr.com/mxcwei
    If I'll destroy CY (no 80% base destroyed by me) Would not he have the right to a loot?

You only receive the share of resources remaining in the base equal to the amount of damage you've done. The rest is lost.
  • Pity, so much effort of my father so that later I can not grow.
  • aahessu
    8 posts New member
    This update is to make it useless to put alts on enemy territory and shoot all bases = make it less lucrative from resource point of view for the enemy to kill those bases - something that was still a good strategy on WCS before this update.

A good update, saves all of us time and nerves, I think kOeGy agrees too ;)
  • nuubal
    36 posts Member
    aahessu wrote: »
    This update is to make it useless to put alts on enemy territory and shoot all bases = make it less lucrative from resource point of view for the enemy to kill those bases - something that was still a good strategy on WCS before this update.

A good update, saves all of us time and nerves, I think kOeGy agrees too ;)

first of all a big LOOOOL.

talking about good strategies with the word "alt" in the same sentence is only **** ^^

Is it really so hard for everyone to play without alts? IMHO this patch was only the first step to completely forbid alts by the the TOS.
  • saxtank
    1 posts New member
    forbiding alts would be a good idea if it was possible and make the game fair .
    If you then policed base locking as well and banned alliances that used it in attacks you have stopped the worst game practices
  • I thought the PTE had a reset! It turns out you just placed a patch and fixed things the 19.1 update broke. I planning to play Nod on this very account.
    saxtank wrote: »
    forbiding alts would be a good idea if it was possible and make the game fair .
    It would be possible if the IP addresses shared a similar route, like 194.162.140.3 and 194.162.140.6 (These are IP address examples). If there are more than 3 instance on such a narrow range, there should be a ban. Normally in a TA loving family, we have 2 to 3 family members playing.
  • p0ir_r0tt
    24 posts Member
    edited March 14
    Here is my report of testing 19.1.1 on the PTE so far:
    1. In patch 19.1, when a second player was attacking a target, resources were lost on every single attack, and applied both to defense units and to buildings. So if two players were taking turns attacking a base, each would lose half of the resources on each attack.
    In patch 19.1.1 the resources are lost only on the last shot when CY dies. So now for as long as the base does not die, team grinding is as productive as it was before patch 19.1. This is a great improvement.
    2. In patch 19.1 when you kill CY of a base, all the remaining units die as well, and all of their RP would count towards your share of the kill, even if you did not physically send units to kill them in the process. So you could easily send a single unit to kill CY in the last attack but still get 1/2-1/3 of the resources as half of the defense units were untouched previously and died on the last shot. In patch 19.1.1 on the last shot the units that you actually do physically kill with your offense units are the only ones that count towards your share of the defense killed. So if you only send one unit to kill CY, you get nothing. Now if you are finishing off a base, you want to actually send offense units to kill as many defense units as you can before CY dies. This is also an improvement.
    3. In patch 19.1.1 essentially all the attacks give everybody the full loot except the last attack. In the last attack the killer gets a share of resources remaining in the base equal to his share of RP out of all RP acquired from the base by all attacking players (for the last attack only the RP of units actually killed by offense units is counted). If the player killing the base was responsible for a large enough share of RP (hard to check if it is actually 80%), then he gets 100% of the loot from the last attack.

I think this is all very good against pre-hitting with alts. Because the typical mode of operation is alts get enormous rp, but the main kills CY with just a couple units actually killing almost no defense units. Now the hard bases that have to be grinded down by several players are killed most efficiently if all the units and buildings are killed first and the CY is left alone for the very last attack. This sounds reasonable and I do not see a simple way for pre-hitting strategies to get around this patch. Good job.

My only suggestion for extra small change comes from the following bug. If you have grinded the base down and on the last hit you kill all the buildings and only a tiny piece of CY is left you get a lot more
    https://gyazo.com/ac7761fc445d3ceadd65ef8ff79b3073,
    than if you actually send an extra unit to finish off the CY also:
    https://gyazo.com/2ce3a45f13a7ad54e1e94319eb9c6042
    This is funny and counterintuitive, but easily fixable. Since the algorithm already counts the amount of stuff that would have been killed if the CY remained alive in order to compute the split, a way to fix this bug would be to give the player the maximum between a) his share of the remaining loot according to current 19.1.1 algorithm and b) the resources he would have gotten out of the last attack if the CY remained alive with 0.1% health.
    With this last change probably most non-pre-hitting players would never even notice any difference with what they used to get before patch 19.1.