EA Forums - Banner

Tunnels STILLL not spawning properly on Firestorm 11

Prev1
Hey, would you take a look at the settings again please?
Since you updated them a couple months ago the outpost spawn rate has been much improved but now they seem to have capped out at 57 ( we have 54 O.L.). Also camps are only spawning at <= O.L. rather than the usual >=4.
Appreciate if if you would take a look as if levels don't increase, there's no point in continuing there.
Thanks.
Btw, when's next Firestorm starting?
Glutton for punishment, me lol :/

Replies

• gamerdruid
    2646 posts Moderator
    No news yet on a new world - either a Wrath or Firestorm is due next, probably mid-June is my guess (without inside information!)
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • Um...and the Tunnel settings?!
  • EE_Elephterion
    1129 posts Envision Developer
    I can take a look, but with vacations coming up, this might take a while till I get back to you.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • @EE_Elephterion Hi, welcome back after your vacation! I hope you are able to remedy our little problem. Camps are still only spawning @rate of OL and OP capped @57. OL=55 now
  • EE_Elephterion
    On that note, what are the base levels around those OPs. From what I recall the level of the OP is depending on the TE you are camping on, while Camps depend on you OL/CC level.
  • Attack bases are level 52 + but what does that have to do with Outpost spawnrate? I saw in an earlier thread, your reference to base levels being a determining factor of the level of outposts spawned but I've always thought that it was the Offence level that determined the Outpost level. Could it not be that, as the world is an experimental one, that, when you adjusted the settings the last time I asked you to intercede, they were set thus? And as you rightly say, camps are determined by OL , but they are usually several levels ABOVE OL. I just got to OL 55 yesterday and lo and behold, lvl 55 camps appear, but they should be so much higher.
    * wouldn't let me post link as i have to 'be around a little longer'
    7 years isn't long enough?!?! OMG lol
  • As you know, Outposts normally cap at 50, so we've been very happy to see Level 57 ones, after all, we've never had level 58 Tunnels before. But if they don't increase then we'll soon stagnate and I already made the point about the camps being only = OL when they should be much higher. If you could see your way to tweaking the settings again it would be greatly appreciated by all.
    Cheers!
  • EE_Elephterion
    No, from what I could find out about the underlying mechanics for the TE, OP level is dependent on the TE level, and their level will differ in a range of +/- 2 levels. So a level 58 TE can spawn OPs ranging from 56 to 60; regardless of what the offense level of the player bases in the vicinity of the TE are.

Camps on the other hand are tied to a players base, as they are "spawned" by the player base (I'm paraphrasing this to simplify), so their level does depend on the player base' OL/CC.

What might need some improvement is the level cap for TEs, to allow them to reach levels in the 60-ish area.

To circle back to the other thread you created, my assumption is that, because of the changes we made to the linear level falloff from center to outer edge of the map, Tunnel Exit levels can vary drastically. So OPs from one tunnel might spawn in the vicinity of another TE, which could cause some confusion here.
  • Well it is dependent on the Offence level as we need to be within 6 levels of it to activate it, so to say it's regardless of the offense level is incorrect. Lol, thought you'd know.
    It's strange: earlier on in the game, one player was activating tunnels with a single base, yet the general consensus now is that you need at least two to get them spawning.But I digress: I'm hoping you can raise the levels of the Outposts AND the camps.
    Thanks for looking into this. As a point of fact, when we first activated the 54 TE we got ops up to 55, then when we got the 58 spawning, we got OPs up to 57, but no higher( dunno whether that tells you anything about the mechanics (as you say, could be that they're somehow interfering with each other ?? )) and as I said, the camp level needs looking at too, or we'll be here forever lol.
    We were all very pleased when you adjusted the settings last time and look forward in anticipation to you adjusting settings accordingly again. DME
    PS I still don't get where the base level comes into it.
  • EE_Elephterion
    edited June 4
    Well it is dependent on the Offence level as we need to be within 6 levels of it to activate it, so to say it's regardless of the offense level is incorrect. Lol, thought you'd know.

You are correct, activation of a Tunnel Exit's spawning of Outposts is depending on the Offense Level, as we outlined here: https://forums.ea.com/en/commandandconquer/discussion/219612/morale-malus-change-on-tiberian-34-wrath-21-spawn-rates-for-outposts-and-event-infected-camps#latest

What the level of the OP will be however is only depending on the level of the Tunnel Exit. Sorry for the confusion.
  • So will you be looking into adjusting the settings again? Please? It's kinda uninspiring, hitting targets with same level as OL. Also, please look into the other thread I started, regarding resources granted from MCV 10 onwards.
    Thanks.
  • ludi28
    1 posts New member
    hello there is already a result? the outposts stop at 57 on is that so wanted
  • EE_Elephterion
    We are going to restart Firestorm 11 in about an hour, 12:00 - 13:00 UTC to increase the level cap. This change will affect future Camps as well and should allow Outposts to spawn at a higher level, although randomness is still a factor there.
  • Thankyou! Seems Ludi has the magic touch! Did you look at the other thread btw? Seems odd. Gotta be a mistake
  • Almost three hours and nothing... :neutral:
  • Hi mate. Update didn't work. No change at all.
  • gamerdruid
    2646 posts Moderator
    What change were you expecting to see?
  • Suggest you read the thread.
  • gamerdruid
    2646 posts Moderator
    edited June 7
    I have, many times - the level cap has been increased, which should give level 60 outposts eventually. As always, these changes will take time to work through to notice a difference.

No mention in the post by @EE_Elephterion about the rate of spawning however, so they may still seem slow to you.
  • Well, in plain English. I expected to see higher Ops and higher camps. Not necessarily more of them, just bigger ones.
    :neutral: