EA Forums - Banner

Tunnels STILLL not spawning properly on Firestorm 11

2Next

Replies

• Perhaps @EE_Elephterion would take another look. Something conflicting, I guess. No word on the other thread btw. Am amazed no one has commented on it, players, devs, mods, no one. Guess no one cares.
  • Sorry if that sounded impertinent. Just getting frustrated at not having any decent targets. I guess the worse thing is the camps as we're used to having them significantly higher than OL up to 65. Saying that because the higher OPS are,although desirable, a luxury, as this server is experimental.
    Appreciate your efforts @EE_Elephterion
  • EE_Elephterion
    1133 posts Envision Developer
    Well, It might take a while till the changes become visible. The more player increase their offense level, the more likely to the TEs will spawn OPs at their upper end of the level range. Keep in mind that the level 58 will produce level 60 OPs at max.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • Ok, but the last time you updated the server the changes were IMMEDIATE. How long shall we give it? We have several OFFs over 54. Mine's over 55, so they should spawn higher.
  • EE_Elephterion
    1133 posts Envision Developer
    Well, I'm seeing OPS around 57, not sure what you are hoping for there. The higher your off gets the more the OPs level will bias towards the higher end of the scale iirc.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • DeathMetalEagle
    26 posts Member
    edited June 7
    They've been 57 for weeks! Since we had OL 52 when we first activated the 58, some 4 weeks ago or so.
    Post edited by DeathMetalEagle on
  • gamerdruid
    2649 posts Moderator
    edited July 7
    By now you should be seeing the higher camps outposts (only close to the level 58 tunnels) being spawned by players with off/def around the level 60 mark.

EDIT: Corrected terminology from camps to outposts
    Post edited by gamerdruid on
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • @EE_Elephterion
    Sigh, would you take another look please?
    Losing the will to live now....
  • The top 20 odd players on this world are still waiting for this to get fixed because nothing has changed since you's apparently changed the settings
  • DeathMetalEagle
    26 posts Member
    edited June 11
    Ok to we've noticed that there is a difference now: Offence 50 now seem to activate tunnel 58, or at least, when they hit an outpost 57 with OL <51 the outpost respawns, which is weird. Great for the smaller guys and indeed all of us in the respect that there are more targets but still no 58+ Outposts. Have just got to OL 56 so am expecting Camps 56 but as I have said repeatedly, they SHOULD BE +3 or so of OL.
    I presume the increase in the amount of 56/57 Outposts is due to the average OL increasing but concede that it could have something to do with any adjustments you've made @EE_Elephterion . @nuubal @trueadm @Rhiordd @OpaSmash @SpeirFein @Soixie Do you have any thoughts on this?
    Post edited by DeathMetalEagle on
  • So you do nothing. Thanks a bunch. Time to stop wasting money on this fool game I think.
  • Suppose I should be greatful really. Before long I won't need to use ANY repair time.
  • gamerdruid
    2649 posts Moderator
    Out of the list you directed the question to, only 3 have posted recently so the others probably don't visit the forums. One has left the developers a long time ago so won't reply.

• zaklaxton
    7 posts New member
    Hi i see this still hasn't been fixed or *actually* looked into yet. This is a serious issue on this world as it makes it very hard to actually grow since camps do NOT function correctly. I never really noticed it until i was forced away from center and to stop hitting outposts and use my camps to grow.

That being said, i have an OL of 47.65 and a DL of 49 so if you look at previously stated formulas from other forum posts the code lets camps spawn with -1/+3 of the highest level between your OL or DL. So with that logic i should be getting 48-52 camps right? But thats not how the camps are functioning on this server. I tested this yesterday by killing 40 camps and never got over a 49 camp, 20 kills and i got all 49 and below.

I also have a friend right next to me who has a bit higher OL/DL with his being 48OL/50.5DL. I tried the same test and killed 20 of HIS camps and never got above a 50 Camp when i should have been getting up to 53 camps??? Guys this is a massive loss in resources and not everyone can sit in the center with 58 tunnel exits to grow. This is a serious issue that needs to be looked into @EE_Elephterion or none of us will hit 65 for years.
  • gamerdruid
    2649 posts Moderator
    Tunnels don't spawn camps only outposts. It is normal to take years to get to level 65!
  • zaklaxton
    7 posts New member
    @gamerdruid I'm not even talking about Outposts my terminology clearly talks about camps and not Outposts. Both of them are screwed up on this world.
  • gamerdruid
    2649 posts Moderator
    As the original post was about tunnels (which spawn outposts) and ALL posts until yours were talking about outpost spawning around tunnels, maybe I can be forgiven for misunderstanding your post.