EA Forums - Banner

The shields and respawn with sectoring on WCS

Prev1345
Is a disgraceful error in this game. We killed a main base 9 hours ago, he used the 40 space jump back to the center of the world, and then relocated/respawned his whole account literally 2 spots away from where we killed him. Except this time he now has 24 hours of shields AND took back the reactor (with the EXACT SAME dead main base ruin right next to it on the other side) that we legitimately took from them in actual gameplay.

These flaws are ruining the game, this type of gameplay is legitimately unbeatable. I hope the developers are watching this world, because your probably victors on the world destroyed the game.

Replies

• BU667
    8 posts Member
    Here is screenshot if incident prntscr.com/nt71ap

This is WCS and if this is not looked into and fixed there is no point from any of us to continue this game in the future. It is not about gameplay and not about winning or losing but a clear error within game.
  • BU667
    8 posts Member
    Better screenshot h ttps://prnt.sc/nt6z4n
  • it happens on other worlds not just wcs. we spend hours strategizing and moving bases in a grid in position to fight an enemy grid. We attack and destroy the entire grid. Like 50 red bases dead!!! Its a glorious moment. 2 hours later, they take a 40 jump over the border and resector to land next to our grid with bubbles. 1 hour after that we are all dead. It's stupid.
  • gamerdruid
    2940 posts Moderator
    It sounds to me some have worked out a clever strategy and you're being killed by it.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • Classy, really classy moderator. You totally misunderstood the point. I've been playing for 6+ years and won a number of worlds, don't pretend you're talking to some rookie.
  • gamerdruid
    2940 posts Moderator
    Find a strategy to beat them. (I don't assume anything about the time someone has played the game or their skill level for those that post on here.)
  • Again, you think I'm complaining when I'm trying to tell someone on here that they broke the game. We killed his base and he respawned a 24-hr shielded exact same base just on the other side of the same reactor we took from him by killing that base.

Tell me that's how you want the game to be played? Just tell me. What's the point of killing any base, then? The only way to win is not to play.
  • Escobar082
    11 posts Member
    edited May 25
    thanks for the snarky answer @gamerdruid. Yes it's clever, so was using alts to soften bases and all the other exploits that alliances have used in the past and that were subsequently patched. Of course any alliance can do the same thing whenever they have the advantage of being closer to center. That doesn't mean it's good gameplay for the developers to allow this kind of exploit for players to get around the 24h penalty when your mainbase gets killed.

Killing other bases in pvp should mean something. It should give you an advantage when you succeed in wiping out the enemy, not put you in a worse position because of crappy game design.
  • gamerdruid wrote: »
    It sounds to me some have worked out a clever strategy and you're being killed by it.

Sounds to me like you've worked out a clever strategy of being a troll at the same time as posing as a moderator. Broken strategy may be a more apt term.
  • > @gamerdruid said:
    > Find a strategy to beat them.

that should've been EA's answer to all the previous exploits used in game.

oh, enemy is using alts to lock a base? find a strategy to beat them.
    enemy is account eating? find a strategy to beat them.
    enemy is farming bases? find a strategy to beat them.
    Schaffa got their butts kicked by multiaccounting? guess they need to become better players and find a strategy to beat this. Or hey, easier way is to just complain to their developer friends in their private teamspeak and get it patched.

i guess because we don't have those secret relationships with developers, our opinions don't matter and the mods just dismiss anyone who isn't part of their favored team as a sore loser. really nice way to moderate a forum.
  • It is a silly aspect of the game. Wipe out a massive red grid and 10 minutes later they take a 40 across the border and sector back to the original sector. Now they are sitting on your grids weak side with bubbles and without an attack penalty. What was the point in killing them? So 10 minutes later they can be in a better position ready to attack with bubbled supports. It's really silly if you take a moment and think about it. It's always "strategy" when Schaffa uses game bugs but "exploits" when other use them. I guess the community needs to wait for this exploit to cost Schaffa a victory before it's patched.
  • bematz
    11 posts Member
    > @gamerdruid said:
    > Find a strategy to beat them. (I don't assume anything about the time someone has played the game or their skill level for those that post on here.)

People have found it, using multi accounts. It isnt ilegal the same way that realocating is not, but just by the fact people found a way on killing em this way got banned, lets see if they will change the way realocation is being made....
  • It's a pretty simple fix. You can't re-sector into a sector you were in in the past 7 days.
  • SpeirFein
    33 posts Member
    edited May 25
    Also @gamerdruid,

I wonder if the re-sectoring that Schaffa is doing is the "intent" of the game designers. Was it? Do you know? I'm unsure as to why you are so confident about it being a clever strategy versus it being a "design flaw". I doubt you actually know because you are fairly adamant that you ARE NOT an EA employee. So, do your job. Moderate. What you are doing is showing bias.

We are using this forum to get clarification. @EE_Elephterion, is the re-sectoring technique that Schaffa is using as described above the intent of the game design. If not, could you provide what developers will do to patch the issue in the future?

I have zero problems with a team exploiting a flaw for winning. In fact, it is brilliant, and in the future, if not deemed a flaw, will be used effectively in PVP by many alliances. Its part of the game and flaw is available to everyone. I do have a problem with a moderator seemingly showing a bias in a forum he's moderating.

You can state, "I think this is not a bug or a flaw", but stating "It sounds to me some have worked out a clever strategy and you're being killed by it." is not okay. In the future, please choose your words carefully so it doesn't seem like you are biased or showing that you know the intent of the game design since you obviously are just a moderator.
  • gamerdruid
    2940 posts Moderator
    You'll not get a reply soon as @EE_Elephterion is on a long planned vacation.

I doubt anyone now knows the full extent of the very original game designers as they are no longer part of the design team, as far as i understand the changes. It may be a design flaw that has resulted in a strategy by one particular team, but it is in existence. We've seen what the result of changing things are in the past, the rule of un-intended consequence seems to apply.
  • bematz
    11 posts Member
    gamerdruid wrote: »
    You'll not get a reply soon as @EE_Elephterion is on a long planned vacation.

I doubt anyone now knows the full extent of the very original game designers as they are no longer part of the design team, as far as i understand the changes. It may be a design flaw that has resulted in a strategy by one particular team, but it is in existence. We've seen what the result of changing things are in the past, the rule of un-intended consequence seems to apply.

EE_Elephterion got a very good timeing to go away ;)

Spring challenge ( Holidays )
    bug or flaw ( vacations )
    Schaffa players being smashed by multi accounting ( online 24/7 )

I need a job like that, ill send my resume to EA ;)
  • Without this absurd shield 24 hr relocation benefit, and seemingly landing in the perfect spot at the front lines, or on a POI every time, this entire alliance you seemingly defend would have been dead already.
  • SpeirFein wrote: »
    Also @gamerdruid,

I have zero problems with a team exploiting a flaw for winning. In fact, it is brilliant, and in the future, if not deemed a flaw, will be used effectively in PVP by many alliances. Its part of the game and flaw is available to everyone.

I don't blame a team for taking advantage of bad game design to win. It's not that team's fault, and it's true that everyone has the chance to use the same strategy. But you can make that same argument with all other "exploits" going back to the start of the game. So why is it that some "exploits" (or in gamerdruid's words, "clever strategies") get patched, while others don't and players are told to just deal with it. It seems the only variable is who is doing the complaining. The moderator screwed up, but it's probably better this way since his bias is being dragged out into the bright light of public exposure.

It should not matter what the original intent of the developers was. It's not an error/bug in the code that created this exploit/loophole/whatever you want to call it.... sectoring has always removed the 24h attack penalty from getting killed, what made it worse were the changes to sector landings in a previous patch. Just because it's the way it's always been, does not mean it shouldn't be fixed in the future to create better gaming experiences for the community as a whole.

Players may be glad to know that the developer responded to this issue in an earlier thread, and said future changes may be possible. forums.ea.com/en/commandandconquer/discussion/242507/clarification-please/p1

I like SpeirFein's suggestion of not being able to relocate back to your original sector, but 24 hours seems more fair and avoids unintended consequences. Also, the simpler, most basic solution is that if one of your bases gets killed, you should not be able to sector at all for 24 hours. Open to discussion on these and other ideas.
  • inzomn1a
    40 posts Member
    edited May 27
    bematz wrote: »
    > @gamerdruid said:
    > Find a strategy to beat them. (I don't assume anything about the time someone has played the game or their skill level for those that post on here.)

People have found it, using multi accounts. It isnt ilegal the same way that realocating is not, but just by the fact people found a way on killing em this way got banned, lets see if they will change the way realocation is being made....

Exactly. We beat them in how many worlds and there was only 25 of us at most. What people don’t realize is we don’t have 50 players to compete with so we resorted to Multis to compensate and most of our alts were in top 150 in those servers. Yes, we did prehitting but only to keep up with the top full teams due to their better bonuses but by the time we got to center, our bases and theirs were almost identical in size so it was competitive. That is what you saw in tib32 and Tib37. Even in tib29, there was only 15 of us and 35 alts. We don’t have the luxury to fill players like many alliances so we used alts—but they complained about that being an exploit even though it wasn’t in the rules as such—and yet they were also using them at the to prehit at the early weeks of the servers. Koegy being the biggest abuser.

I’ll tell you this, give our 15 real players same base scores and main as schaffa’s top 15 and we will kick their ****. These fools got no pvp skills. PvPing with mammoths and avatars 😂. And let’s not even talk about the def map they chose for their mains.

You know who got pvp skills, Section8 and Novice. Those guys can fight.

Schaffa = true cheaters.
    Envision = sad excuse for a game company
    The rest = Donkeys in the eyes of the 2 above
  • inzomn1a wrote: »
    bematz wrote: »
    > @gamerdruid said:

Exactly. We beat them in how many worlds and there was only 25 of us at most. What people don’t realize is we don’t have 50 players to compete with so we resorted to Multis to compensate and most of our alts were in top 150 in those servers. Yes, we did prehitting but only to keep up with the top full teams due to their better bonuses but by the time we got to center, our bases and theirs were almost identical in size so it was competitive. That is what you saw in tib32 and Tib37. Even in tib29, there was only 15 of us and 35 alts. We don’t have the luxury to fill players like many alliances so we used alts—but they complained about that being an exploit even though it wasn’t in the rules as such—and yet they were also using them at the to prehit at the early weeks of the servers. Koegy being the biggest abuser.

I’ll tell you this, give our 15 real players same base scores and main as schaffa’s top 15 and we will kick their ****. These fools got no pvp skills. PvPing with mammoths and avatars 😂. And let’s not even talk about the def map they chose for their mains.

You know who got pvp skills, Section8 and Novice. Those guys can fight.

Schaffa = true cheaters.
    Envision = sad excuse for a game company
    The rest = Donkeys in the eyes of the 2 above

Lol , sorry insomnia but thats not true about alts. You were heavily pre hitting feeding players to be super accounts. Players that without alts would be outside the top 100 , they were in top20. Players that would not be in top30 were in top10 even in top5.... Great example is t37 full of alts for feeding vs WCS without feeding , where have been all the top10 from t37.... most were outside the top100 during all WCS long.
    I dont like at all the all story that is going on with developers and their "innocent" mistakes and lies but still, no need to fool ur selfs about the multies....Multies had to get rid of for the shake of the game from the one hand, but from the other hand yeah the timing was at least suspicious together with everything else.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!