EA Forums - Banner

The shields and respawn with sectoring on WCS

Replies

• I'm going through all the suggestions here, but without revamping the sector jump the only immediate changes we can make to the feature are adjusting the cooldown times or increase the setback range. JFYI

@EE_Elephterion,

My suggestion seems like a fairly easy fix, but I am not a programmer. :)

If player dies in a sector, they cannot resector into that sector. So, when the resector map pops up, the game should block the sector the player is in at the moment, and then block the sectors that player has died in the past 24 hours. The hold should be for 24 hours.

E.G. - Player A bases get killed in the South sector. Player A moves all bases into the SW sector before 24 hours have passed. Player A then bring up the resector map. The game should put a block on the South sector for 24 hours.
  • Xhailed
    16 posts Member
    > @EE_Elephterion said:
    > I'm going through all the suggestions here, but without revamping the sector jump the only immediate changes we can make to the feature are adjusting the cooldown times or increase the setback range. JFYI

Fair enough. I don't expect a do over patch, or a make it right patch. Players adjusted to the patches/modifications and it is what it is. At a minimum, it would be nice to see where players do not get immediate bonus back by sectoring away immediately after death.

In the end, it is just a game; however, we should all strive to make it a better game and experience for all. Winning WCS would and will be nice ;), but, it is really about making the overall experience better for the next group of players to take part on this lovely game.

X
  • I am just still shocked that it was available to someone to die, lose a POI, move all his bases to a different sector in a specific spot and using a third-party script figure out exactly where to move so that his re-sectoring/re-spawning put him on the exact same POI just on the other side of the thing and they then had a very important POI for 24hrs under shield when we had just killed him. Really feels like they got the greater benefit from being killed, versus doing the killing. If that's allowed to continue as a potential solution to losing POIs there's literally nothing we can do to win the game.
  • This exploit needs to be patched as soon as possible regardless of what is going on in any current world. Elephterion, please give everyone an estimated date. When someone does or does not take down a fortress is irrelevant to the speedy development of this patch.
  • That means the Player or Alliance which are used the Bug gets an warning to change their Strategy?

I think the Developer just should fix it without any announcement because everybody which use it will be warned and they can switch the Strategy and for the others Alliances it makes no different as long it is not fixed.
    So it will be the best Solution EA fix it and Announce it in an World Mail because the Worlds are different and this Bug does not work in all of them. So every Player / Alliance knows actual if his world still has the option of this Bug and is it fixed or not.
  • inzomn1a
    40 posts Member
    edited June 11
    Hello Commanders,

let me start by saying that I can see how the sector jump can be used to gain a tactical advantage over an enemy that is not intended by design. so there will be a review of that mechanic necessary and then adjustments to the sector jump, you are free to make suggestions here. I can however not promise we can ship an update before the WCS 2019 reaches a conclusion of the first Fortress takedown.

That being said, what exactly keeps your alliance from using the same strategy and killing them? After all their bubbles only last until they fire the first shot.

It's been 8 days since you post this, 1 code extracted by Schaffa in WCS. At that rate, it will probably take months to get 32, let alone preventing others from resetting timer. Do you still think you won't have enough time to find a fix before the first takedown?
  • So, here we are once again pleading with you to fix this bubble shield issue. You admit it's something to be addressed but you want to do it after WCS. Why? What do you have at heart on this issue? Why not pause the game and fix it? You admit this is an issue and still allow players to spend money on a game where there is an unfair game mechanic flaw that allows an advantage to other players. You had not problem at all stopping WCS when people were able to jump past the allowed zone where they lose bubbles a few years back. Yet, you allow this here.

You know what this sounds like? A class action lawsuit. Think about it. You are allowing people to spend money on CP/RT offense/defense all for nothing when a player moves in with 30 bubbles full of support that you cannot kill and start shooting bases. There is also the venom bug which you choose not to fix until later. Get off your **** and fix this now.
  • Xhailed
    16 posts Member
    edited June 14
    Post edited by Xhailed on
  • inzomn1a
    40 posts Member
    edited June 12
    Xhailed wrote: »
    You know what this sounds like? A class action lawsuit. Think about it. You are allowing people to spend money on CP/RT offense/defense all for nothing when a player moves in with 30 bubbles full of support that you cannot kill and start shooting bases. There is also the venom bug which you choose not to fix until later. Get off your **** and fix this now.

Perhaps Devs and Envision is not familiar with a class action suit--surely EA is not a stranger to it.

Let me educate you Devs of what a class action lawsuit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Class_action

Given the number of fuckups and coincidental screwups that seem to have benefited one team and seem to imply conflict of interest exist and due to the alarming number of said coincidences and circumstantial evidences, there's quite a bit of arguments that can be made here. For example, speaking privately to one party about game mechanics with no written record of it and rushing to apply that patch you discussed with said party immediately BUT seem reluctant to do the same with this issue being brought up now. Because of what? It's not the party you favor?

It'd be interesting to see what this does to a company like Envision Entertainment LLC, founded by former Easy Studios employees.

Get off your **** and do something about the problem. WCS ain't going to end soon-- that we can promise you. Does the OP and others here need to join Schaffa for you to listen?
  • EE_Elephterion
    1220 posts Envision Developer
    While looking into ways to improve this situation we found that the relocate cooldown will override any longer cooldowns from base movements. This exploit will be the first we address.

On another note, most suggestions read like they are designed to hinder only one certain alliance and advantage another over them. Wasn't that the original point of critique towards us? But now its suddenly acceptable it seems. Peculiar.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • BU667
    8 posts Member
    @EE_Elephterion . Good to see that you are providing some feedback on the issue. Could I please ask you however in your capacity as being neutral and working for the company all of us are spending the funds on to place your sole focus on getting this flaw asap fixed rather than adding personal comments.
    The last thing you want is that all these players accusing you to be biased towards "one certain alliance" will be proven to be right all along.... Thanks
  • EE_Elephterion
    1220 posts Envision Developer
    edited June 12
    We will adjust the feature of the sector jump in small iterations. For now we have the aforementioned fix. In addition to the compounding move cooldowns, sector jumping will now result in regular move cooldown durations, but always at least 12h.

these changes will go to PTE first and then come with the Parachute fix to WCS if everything goes as planned.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • methuselah
    368 posts Senior Moderator
    edited June 12
    SpeirFein wrote: »
    It's a pretty simple fix. You can't re-sector into a sector you were in in the past 7 days.

I thought this was already the case. It definitely should be.

I'm not 100% clear on how this works. If you get your **** whipped and all your bases are dead you can relocate right back where you were? Or is this on the edge of a sector where you respawn across the threshold into a new sector and then relo right back where you were?

Either way you should be blocked in some fashion from going right back where you were otherwise if you want to stay respawn and you are blocked from jumping on POI. I understand why they are concerned about juggling the rule set in the middle of a contest like this though.....
    Post edited by methuselah on
  • It turns out that the player who lost the battle is in a better position than the one who defeated him. Do you plan to give awards to losers?
  • Xhailed
    16 posts Member
    methuselah wrote: »
    SpeirFein wrote: »
    It's a pretty simple fix. You can't re-sector into a sector you were in in the past 7 days.

I thought this was already the case. It definitely should be.

I'm not 100% clear on how this works. If you get your **** whipped and all your bases are dead you can relocate right back where you were? Or is this on the edge of a sector where you respawn across the threshold into a new sector and then relo right back where you were?

Either way you should be blocked in some fashion from going right back where you were otherwise if you want to stay respawn and you are blocked from jumping on POI. I understand why they are concerned about juggling the rule set in the middle of a contest like this though.....

Basically, you get killed in South sector for example. So, you spawn all of your dead bases into the SW or SE, whichever you are closest to. You jump them as close to center as possible. Now that you are in another sector, you can spawn right back into the sector where you died and you get immediate bonuses back on your bases.

Also, you can let forgotten kill your base by exposing the CY and you only have a 6 hour penalty... You can do this a few times and jump to center even quicker, then you use the same relocation tactic. There simply needs to be some thought into how this is being used from the tactical standpoint.

The sector relocation immediately resets the 24 hour ability to be able to fight again as well. The only limiting factor is your CY level...

I would think that this could be resolved several ways. One way, which would eliminate even using the sector bubbles is to disable the support weapon on those bases where they moved and relocated during certain events. When you sector in for a tactical advantage and drop bubble on one base, if multiple bubble accounts and bases exist within 25 spot perimeter, say 10 or more, the supports are disabled. This would immediately deter people from using this. Supports are one main reason for using this. The other issue is allowing a bubble account to move within 4 spots of a POI. While an account has a bubble, it should not be allowed near a POI, just like you cannot spawn a dead base near a POI. Allowing a bubble counters spawning beside a POI.
  • methuselah
    368 posts Senior Moderator
    I 100% agree with the bubble/POI suggestion. There should NEVER be a benefit to dying and holding POI should only be available to unprotected bases.
  • inzomn1a
    40 posts Member
    edited June 12
    On another note, most suggestions read like they are designed to hinder only one certain alliance and advantage another over them. Wasn't that the original point of critique towards us? But now its suddenly acceptable it seems. Peculiar.

Yes and no. It's more than 1 alliance bringing this up this time and it's not like you're having a private meeting with these alliances--they are making it public for others to read and make suggestions. And these suggestions will ultimately hinder all players not just one group--yes, one group in the immediate situation but eventually will affect all. Isn't that what happened with 19.1?

I don't blame you though for thinking that way as you have to defend yourself-- which btw seem to imply guilt.

If it makes it easier for you, why don't you ask the other team [Schaffa] then to state their opinion here so you don't feel like they are at a disadvantage.

Better yet, to make it fair for everyone and get yourselves out the hole you dug yourself into, why don't you stop asking players from either side about how to fix issues and instead come up with your own testing group and testing environment where you can develop and deploy fixes to determine what would work best and then present your findings. I'm a developer myself (databases and apps) and can tell you it's not hard to do this.

Lastly, do you not see this issue as an exploit like you saw multi-accounting as an exploit? Or you do not see us as equal customers like those customers you satisfied when you hastily released 19.1?
  • The people that respawn into the exact perfect spot at the front of a line every time and can advance each day like that kind of blow my mind. That 3rd party script should probably be banned for some to us or included in the game so all can guess where they will land as close as possible. The clearest thing that has to be fixed is the relocate a killed base to the same sector and to the same spot with a bubble of 24 hr protection. Anyway, thanks for listening and actively trying to improve the game now. I appreciate your responses vs silence for sure.
  • I also want to express my suggestions.
    1. After a sector change, the bubble should disappear after 12 hours, as soon as the base can move. To not be able to build a grid for a coordinated attack.
    2. The killed base should not return to the same sector in which it was killed.
    3. Bubbles should drop from all bases if the player launched an attack, and not just from the attacker.
    4. Support Weapon can be calibrated to the base only after the falling bubbles.
  • Lets make it simple. If any Player got shoot in the Base Level Range of 45 and more. This Player can only Relocate 8 Base Level minus in an different Sector via Sector Jump or this Player rebuild in the same Sector with an POI Blocking Timer of 48H. The shooten Bases can not placed in the POI Range or Capture them. If an Player switch the Sector by Sector Jump there is an relocation Timer as long this Timer runs it should be unpossible to capture POI or get Boni from Alliance further no Support Weapon Calibration should be possible.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!