EA Forums - Banner

PTE level cap increase and testing phase

EE_Elephterion
1206 posts Envision Developer
edited September 10
Hello Commanders,

as you might have noticed we just had a quick maintenance on PTE. This sets the stage for a change that players have been looking towards for a while now.

We have raised the level ceiling for players and regular NPCs to 70 now. We are excited to see how players will adapt and how these changes will play out in the long run.

The changes should become apparent as soon as players expand their base levels beyond the old cap of 65 and new camps spawn. These changes should also affect new Forgotten Bases as they spawn.
The only thing not affected in this current iteration are Outposts. As you may know, those special camps are dependent on Tunnel Exits that generate those NPCs. However, since Tunnels are only seeded once upon the world creation with their level fixed depending on their distance to the map center, those are not automatically adjusted and have therefore still their old level cap.

We plan to wait and see before these changes make it to the other worlds. We first want to see the increased level cap perform in endgame. Then we will reset the PTE and generate a new world with the new max level. This will allow us to see the Outpost generation as well. Once we feel comfortable with the level progression these changes will make it to new worlds.

But that is still some time off in the future. For now, please test the new level range and please report any issue you find. Focus on everything related to level progression. Upgrade costs, resource gains, cooldowns - you name it.

Thanks for testing :)
Envision Entertainment Community Liaison

Replies

• nefrontheone
    328 posts Member
    edited September 10
    First question, in our bases, is it about uploading everything in the bases to level 70 or just the part of buildings or defense or attack?
    I ask because if the defense cannot be raised to level 70 (or the attack) in the worlds where the forgotten attack, they will do us a lot of damage (and it will cost much more to destroy them in RT and CP per camp)
    Second question, the raise to 70 will be for all worlds? old economy only? with forgotten attacks only?
    Not a part of EA / Envision teams - My comments are only mine.
  • EE_Elephterion
    1206 posts Envision Developer
    edited September 10
    First question, in our bases, is it about uploading everything in the bases to level 70 or just the part of buildings or defense or attack?
    I ask because if the defense cannot be raised to level 70 (or the attack) in the worlds where the forgotten attack, they will do us a lot of damage (and it will cost much more to destroy them in RT and CP per camp)
    Player bases can now be upgraded to level 70, so yes, this includes everything. All buildigns and units, in Base, Offense and Defense.
    Second question, the raise to 70 will be for all worlds? old economy only? with forgotten attacks only?
    Right now, we only consider this for future worlds, as outlined with the Tunnels, those can not be retroactively changed after the world launches. We might consider making changes to the underlying systems so we can change old worlds like that but for now, only future worlds might get to see this change.
  • First, great news !!!!
    Second, :'(
  • Third, will the level of the fortress also rise?
  • Yes, Fortress also counts into this.
  • Yes, Fortress also counts into this.

Wow !!
  • gamerdruid
    2785 posts Moderator
    edited September 10
    As the tunnel level generates outposts, could the range of the outposts be altered to account for the increased levels of player bases? For example, adding 5 to the maximum level of an outpost generated. This, I think, would allow for higher outposts everywhere, but at the highest tunnels it would allow better collection of resources. FG camps are all well and good, but outposts are better!
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • Im Moment ist es so das eine 67er+ Off nur 66 Lager generiert.
  • das arsenal muss man auch noch anpassen das geht nur bis 65 einheiten
  • [Bug - Offense - Camp - Lvl-Difference]

LvlOff: 67
    Camp: 65

a86971-1568315339.png
    I am a Community Moderator, not an Official EA Representative.
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/LEOBRB7044
    TeamSpeak: IP: 84.201.30.224:9988
    Email: [email protected]