EA Forums - Banner

PTE Patch maintenance September 27 & 19.4 preview

EE_Elephterion
1276 posts Envision Developer
edited September 27
Hello Commanders,

We are ready to deploy the first set of changes of the next patch 19.4 for testing on the Public Test Environment. Patch will commence around 08:00 – 12:00 UTC. Expected downtime is around 1 hour, unless unforeseen complications arise.

For this maintenance there will be no reset of the PTE World, we plan that for the next set of changes.
Please make sure to test these changes thoroughly and report any bugs and errors you may find here in the forum. Below is a list of changes and fixes, note that this is not the complete list of contents of 19.4 yet.

Changes:
  • It is now possible to mute other players completely through the report function, including mails.
  • An Ignore button has been added to the player info window. (Note: Localization pending)
  • The last used chat channel will now be selected by default if the gameplay session is resumed.
  • Tunnel Level activation level was added to the Tunnel Exit info tooltip (Note: Localization pending)
  • The sorting of the base list in Resource Transfer and Player info can now be reset to Default (Order of Creation) via a new Reset Sorting button (Note: Localization pending)
  • Players who have injected a virus in the Fortress endgame will now be targeted by Fortress, regardless of which alliance they have after the destruction of the Fortress.
  • Sector Relocate has now a minimum distance to the point of origin.

Bugfixes:
  • Whispers from ignored players should now properly be blocked
  • Ghosted player bases above NPC camps will now have their label always be displayed on top
  • Markers placed adjacent to Hubs, in the blocked radius, will not produce a selector menu anymore
  • The context menu for the chat should now be working again on Firefox browsers
  • The display of the attack costs should now always produce the correct value of available CP
  • The description for the victory medal has been updated to be more inclusive
  • In some cases, players were able to claim more than one satellite code. Players with a code in their possession should not be able to move onto satellite wreckages anymore.
  • Tooltips for defense units now should only list their proper dependencies
  • Formatting in in-game mails has been updated to highlight contents that are being forwarded
  • Subscript and Superscript exploits in the chat have been suppressed. Zalgo has been contained!
  • Layout Reservation Markers should now be properly removed from other players display if the creator leaves their alliance.

Have fun testing these changes together with the increased level cap for NPCs and player bases and tell us what you think!

See you on the battlefield Commanders!
Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
Post edited by EE_Elephterion on

Replies

• BUG report: I know this has been reported elsewhere, but for those who don't know.....

Since 19.4 to leave an alliance you need to have a marker to reserve a spot on the map. Without it you cannot leave.

Problem: Can't leave alliance
    Solution (temporary): Place a reservation marker.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • Bei mir exsistiert kein Reservierungsmarker mehr seit ich das Basenlimit von 31
    erreicht habe.
    Also bitte wie kann ich eine Ally verlassen?
    Desweiteren ist es nicht möglich Member aus der Ally zu entlassen.
  • gamerdruid
    2940 posts Moderator
    edited September 30
    I do not know the answer......

If you are an officer or OBH then you could try placing a marker for the alliance, then moving.

It must be possible as another player has left with 31 bases.
  • After further testing, it is possible for the alliance to be disbanded, but an alliance marker makes no difference.
  • Todays quick patch addressed the Leave Alliance issue. No other changes so far.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison