EA Forums - Banner

New Tiberian 42

Hey ladies,
Should be nice to open new version of server without attacks but with "normal" morale
Maybe with some new like an upgrade of buildings (super-silo, higher Cy 45slots, def or CC 250 and 350 units) ....
Thats could create a Huge innovation a real pleasure to lots of players i know
Thx
zOz

Replies

  • yes, something to make us change tactics, please
  • Yes, please upgrade something that all must change the tactic.
  • Agree! something new that changes tactics
  • The Firestorm servers are where EA tests new things for the game, seems like changes this drastic would be better suited for those worlds.

    There hasn't been a Speed Server in awhile so that could be interesting.
  • 1 year wcs - 1 year speedworld
    i talk of upgrades, changes into base conf, off, defs .... why not RP poi, decrease the time of recover after mooving calculate and the cy vs base lvl ....
  • There are many community ideas out there, posted here and there. To bad that the devs seem not interested in putting in new stuff.
    Back the days when I started TA there was an incomplete game. No Pois, no NOD, no endgame, no upgrades were implemented. We had things we were looking for and we were happy about.
    So now the game is complete, but why not take it to another level.
    Just a few thoughts:
    Building upgrades:
    - power lines to transfer power
    - a garage to level up additional units and replace them when needed
    - iron curtain for buildings to hide them

    Or new unit upgrades so you have to decide which one you choose. Other units taken from the original c&c games.

    How about a new fraction? Much work but also much fun.

    Also nice to have a better cic manage system like putting members into teams and be able to address the teams in messages. Or a real relation mechanism like being the ally of someone gives benefit, maybe some bonus the other ally has can be given away. There are many possibilities.

    And having in mind EA is creating a remake of the old c&c games, starting with tiberium conflict and red alert, I think it is a good time to give TA something fresh to attract more players.
  • Salmoranes wrote: »
    There are many community ideas out there, posted here and there. To bad that the devs seem not interested in putting in new stuff.
    Back the days when I started TA there was an incomplete game. No Pois, no NOD, no endgame, no upgrades were implemented. We had things we were looking for and we were happy about.
    So now the game is complete, but why not take it to another level.
    Just a few thoughts:
    Building upgrades:
    - power lines to transfer power
    - a garage to level up additional units and replace them when needed
    - iron curtain for buildings to hide them

    Or new unit upgrades so you have to decide which one you choose. Other units taken from the original c&c games.

    How about a new fraction? Much work but also much fun.

    Also nice to have a better cic manage system like putting members into teams and be able to address the teams in messages. Or a real relation mechanism like being the ally of someone gives benefit, maybe some bonus the other ally has can be given away. There are many possibilities.

    And having in mind EA is creating a remake of the old c&c games, starting with tiberium conflict and red alert, I think it is a good time to give TA something fresh to attract more players.

    totally agree ... game needs a few more fun things ... in game ....
  • gamerdruid
    3587 posts Moderator
    Oknhapich wrote: »
    The Firestorm servers are where EA tests new things for the game, seems like changes this drastic would be better suited for those worlds.

    There hasn't been a Speed Server in awhile so that could be interesting.

    The PTE is the first port of call for changes, whether they be new 'features' (such as the challenges or vet worlds) or patches.

    I think the 'Speed Server' idea fell flat on it's face. It wasn't any different to most worlds apart from being smaller. What is needed is something that speeds up game play - enhanced (faster) repair time, enhanced replenishment of CP and repairs from attacks. Faster collection of crystal/tiberium and generation of power - especially faster power generation. Cheaper upgrades or new bases (or both). These changes, I believe could make the world much, much 'faster' and be relatively easy to achieve rather than completely new features.

    Testing of changes on the PTE has shown that not all changes happen as expected - such as the changes currently being tested where no camps above 66 are being generated when in theory they should be.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • gamerdruid wrote: »
    Oknhapich wrote: »
    The Firestorm servers are where EA tests new things for the game, seems like changes this drastic would be better suited for those worlds.

    There hasn't been a Speed Server in awhile so that could be interesting.

    The PTE is the first port of call for changes, whether they be new 'features' (such as the challenges or vet worlds) or patches.

    I think the 'Speed Server' idea fell flat on it's face. It wasn't any different to most worlds apart from being smaller. What is needed is something that speeds up game play - enhanced (faster) repair time, enhanced replenishment of CP and repairs from attacks. Faster collection of crystal/tiberium and generation of power - especially faster power generation. Cheaper upgrades or new bases (or both). These changes, I believe could make the world much, much 'faster' and be relatively easy to achieve rather than completely new features.

    Testing of changes on the PTE has shown that not all changes happen as expected - such as the changes currently being tested where no camps above 66 are being generated when in theory they should be.

    I don't need a faster world. No problem in having long worlds and long game experience. But some new stuff would be great.
  • gamerdruid
    3587 posts Moderator
    I understand that - my reply was aimed at the comment about a speedworld.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • Thanks, I had wondered why there hadn't been a speedworld in awhile.

    Yes I forgot about PTE.
  • The real question i think is - and Eleptherion could straight away answer this - is there any real intention(having the resources etc) to add things to the game? Because the last couple of years the only thing that happens is to just fixing bugs and exploits, something that is also important but, the game hasnt taken a significant change since FA introduced .
    So before devs answer to us either if they are able to add few new features or not, to make worlds with various changes so we have more fan, I think its useless just to start suggesting things :) that makes us dreaming lol
  • The real question i think is - and Eleptherion could straight away answer this - is there any real intention(having the resources etc) to add things to the game? Because the last couple of years the only thing that happens is to just fixing bugs and exploits, something that is also important but, the game hasnt taken a significant change since FA introduced .
    So before devs answer to us either if they are able to add few new features or not, to make worlds with various changes so we have more fan, I think its useless just to start suggesting things :) that makes us dreaming lol

    Maybe @Elephterion can simply answere this. I'm also courios how the future of the game will be. Thx in advance.
  • gamerdruid
    3587 posts Moderator
    He may well answer - but not soon as he's on vacation!
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • No problem, vacation is a must and I'm sure he well earned his.
    But in my company when I go on vacation there is someone else doing my job during the time to make sure the business goes on .... and I expect Envision has a few more people there... so someone should be able to comment here.
    In my eyes the community is the most important part of any game and so there should always someone there to talk to.
  • gamerdruid
    3587 posts Moderator
    Unfortunately in a small team there isn't always someone who can step in. Whilst on vacation they do look in and did resolve an issue last weekend whilst on vacation. Every time they have a vacation there is the same issue when something goes wrong, sometimes it can be fixed remotely and sometimes not.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • one_cIown
    38 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    I'm sure if EA had any plans on implementing new ideas they would have shared or leaked the info to us by now, either through the community or PTE. Everybody advertises change and new products and i can't recall seeing no new adverts except for new FA worlds launching.

    Dreams of change are nice but which changes would or should they try? There are so many different things they could try. Which changes would actually fit into the model that they use for the game thus far??

    Then i guess they need to list the the potential changes some place that could be used to give the community (customers) a chance to comment to see where the player interest is (formally). Then they need to figure out how to implement any changes that they may have.

    Oh and lets not forget, what would it actually cost, and what would the real gains against cost and implementation be? Maybe the game has reached its limit with financial return over investment? For us its a game (we can play or leave it) but for EA it is a business with investment which they need returns.

    Like i said at start "I'm sure if EA had any plans on implementing new ideas they would have shared or leaked the info to us by now" they haven't at least not that any are aware of, so for me its play on........

    Need to keep the customers they already have so a more evenly spread server variation is a good starting point? Many players i have played beside are leaving the game due to lack of server type which they wish to play. Others (i am an example) sit around on old servers waiting for the new server of the type they like to play and while they sit they spend very little. Gamers spend much more on a new server and very little on old ones. Non of that can be good business.

    Where is the long awaited Classic server (or any non FA) ?

    Variety is the spice of life..... give us something new without FA ;-)
    Post edited by one_cIown on
  • Hi Guys

    This is more expensive game than i Know and probably the most loyal players.
    I'm sure it's good business for EA.

    The gaming community has made many improvement listings in the last 5 years.
    I'm sure creating a third breed takes time, but there are other simpler options in the short term.

    1.- Special pois ( credit Poi is an example) ,
    and SuperPois ( 1-2 each sector)
    2.- Less number of new servers, so that the new ones are filled.
    3.- Next WCS not FA
    4.- New units for GDi and NOD
    5.-A better management system for commanders



    Best regards
    Lm


    Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator
  • Hey,
    Like said at th beginning of the post:
    a cy till 30 give +5 slots for buildings (simple to write into code for programmers)
    a cc till 33 give 250 slots for off (simple to write into code for programmers)
    a dhq 33 give 350 slots for def (simple to write into code for programmers)
    $ pois as said by Lamano or RP poi as ask by Salmoranes
    Possibility to transfert power from bases to bases
    Cheers
  • 1.- Special pois ( credit Poi is an example) ,
    and SuperPois ( 1-2 each sector)
    2.- Less number of new servers, so that the new ones are filled.
    3.- Next WCS not FA
    4.- New units for GDi and NOD
    5.-A better management system for commanders

    1. Great idea. They did some of that stuff with double and triple bonuses on Firestorm, but that broke the balance. However experimenting with how poi work might be interesting.
    2. I would say rather that nobody wants to start the server with a monthly delay, that is why servers do not get filled up. If the goal to get those filled up - it would make sense to create smaller servers, but more often. But then most of them would be less competitive, so probably would bring less money per server cost. Not sure what would be better here.
    3. I do not see anything wrong with FA. Morale was present on two of the four wcs. FA on three. People do not like morale much more than forgotten attacks. Proportion seems reasonable. no-morale no-fa wcs is not gonna happen.
    4. would be fun to see. gdi mammoth shield upgrade would do most of the job to balance the factions.
    5. would be fun too. I liked Sal's idea of giving the ability to pvp under substitution. And giving substitution to multiple people simultaneously would also make sense. Those two would make login sharing obsolete.

Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!