EA Forums - Banner

New classic server request

Replies

• New classic world please
  • a3bdu3
    1 posts New member
    A new classic world pleaseeeeeee
  • A Morale world will come when the time is right.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • we have had two on the bounce fa servers .. be fair
  • JCXer
    11 posts Member
    edited November 13
    A Morale world will come when the time is right.

that is somewhat vague lol. imagine a crowd of people in front of your grocery store saying we want to give you money for some goods and you say we will sell you the goods when the time is right.

guys have been waiting for a new classic for months, so hope the time is right soon. but thank you for responding to this thread and giving it some attention.
  • A Morale world will come when the time is right.

are we talking days weeks or months before the time is right?
  • Well the next world is already announced, once that is launched we will look at Tib41 and Wrath24 and decide when we will start another round of worlds. But Tib41 was a FA world, so I see no problem in making T42 a Morale world.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • Hi and THANX Elephetrion, TIB42 gone be able to open one week after Veteran7 so :)
  • Maybe you can run the mini challenge on this new world soon after it opens, since many of us aren't benefiting from our compensation for the mistake on the last one.
  • maybe now the cost of the game has gone up, we may get a world we ask for?? who knows??
    pay abit more we get abit more?? (a voice)
    the powers that be eh
  • > @EE_Elephterion said:
    > Well the next world is already announced, once that is launched we will look at Tib41 and Wrath24 and decide when we will start another round of worlds. But Tib41 was a FA world, so I see no problem in making T42 a Morale world.

Why do we need to check in on the status of 2 previous FA worlds? Many of those players only play FA worlds. I'm sure you know that some players only play classic (no FA) while others only play FA and some play both. There aren't any non FA worlds (Classic) playing where teams are competing for 1st. The last one was Tib 40 which started in June and saw endgame on October 20th. Were coming up on 1 month now since the last non FA world saw endgame. We would appreciate starting a non FA or Classic world soon please :)
  • JCXer
    11 posts Member
    edited November 17
    Yes, it doesn't seem right to be using two FA worlds (W24 and T41) to determine when to start a new classic world, since many players who play classic don't like FA and skip them. So it shouldn't make a difference what is going on in FA servers or how recently one started.

It makes more sense to be looking at what's going on in the last few classic worlds, and use that as the basis for when to start the next classic. (And vice versa for FA.)
  • Still no announcement on a new server without forgotten attacks. Really disappointing.
  • No use complaining about not receiving an announcement, It wont make the Devs announce it sooner just for you.
    be patient, a new server is launching today and that will still need to stabilize and run a while first before the Devs decide on anything else.
    So just a heads up, you will stay really disappointed still for a while ;)
  • flyFreeze wrote: »
    No use complaining about not receiving an announcement, It wont make the Devs announce it sooner just for you.
    be patient, a new server is launching today and that will still need to stabilize and run a while first before the Devs decide on anything else.
    So just a heads up, you will stay really disappointed still for a while ;)

In case you have not read this thread, there are many people asking for a classic server, not just me. In fact, I know a few dozen people who have not even posted on this thread who are waiting. I'm disappointed in EA's failure to recognize that the last classic server they opened has been over for more than a month. Players are bored, we want to play again, we have money burning holes in our pockets and nothing to spend it on.

I hope to see you on this new world. I have a particular set of skills. I will hunt you. I will find you. And when I find you, I will kill your bases over and over again.
  • I would love to see a new server, though could someone point why are FA so hated? when I last played FA were the new thing.
  • @sarkasm0 - FA servers usually have no malus or a much lower level of malus compared to non-FA servers. This had led to completely different digging strategies. On FA servers, guys are hitting forgotten bases 15+ levels above their offense, as their alliance digs a narrow tunnel straight to center. Some players don't find it fun to spend an hour everyday grinding down a single base, and using up all their RT to kill that one base.

It's just a matter of preference. Non-FA servers are a better balance between digging and farming, so more variety. And because it takes longer to reach center, there are more opportunities for different pvp strategies, unlike on FA worlds where the pvp is usually only in center. There are other reasons but these are some of the main ones imo.

@flyFreeze - if players didn't post in the forum asking for a new classic, we probably wouldn't get one for another year. This part of the community gets ignored with EA releasing 3x as many FA servers compared to classic, and then wondering why their FA servers are half-empty. It seems the Devs have a misconception that FA and classic servers should be treated as the same thing, instead of realizing that many guys only play one type, and planning accordingly so that the supply meets the demand. If guys are expressing some disappointment, that's more than fair given the delay and the fact that the last classic server started in June and it's now almost December.

There are barely 1000 players on the vets world so it shouldn't take that long to stabilize :smile:
  • @JCXer

Ah, I see.

Yes indeed I've seen this behavior you're mentioning, when I played back then it took a lot longer to hit the center, I gotinto Tib41 and I'm alarmed to see people already on the center 7 weeks in.

Kind of a bummer really, I have no other option to play since servers are so far between each other and with people rushing to the end content it doesn't help one bit.

anyways, thanks for the info.
  • Don't know what everyone expects from a F2P game?
    They launch a server with eg 15000 slots, then only 8000ish join(half being alts)
    Then a few weeks in, most see (Oh no, we are behind the top 5 alliances) then demand a new server, so you can try to take the start advantage to try make the top few alliances?
    Then it being F2P, you just want want want?
    By saying there are 1000s of players who are ready to play and spend funds.. is the same as saying;
    Oh let me borrow $1mil from the bank and tell them you have a lotto ticket that will win next month and you can pay it back then. There is no guarantee or fact behind it.
    Unless this was a Subscription based browser game (ie $5 a month or whatever), then yea, by all means ask/demand/complain where is the next server and maybe it will happen more often.
    Otherwise accept what the Devs are already doing for us all within this game and still supporting this game after so many years.
    Paying for Funds is also a personal choice and not a requirement, nobody forced you to buy funds, so stop using the idea that "I am paying for it so give me more stuff"
    You purchased funds so you can enjoy the game on another level or Pay2Win.
    As also how it was mentioned on other posts in the past years, make an enormous investment into the development of the game (ie millions of $) then you will see things change. Regular new servers, new units, new factions, new events etc etc......
    Be glad we are still all atleast getting servers and support on this old game.

**{peace out}**