EA Forums - Banner

19.5 PTE maintenance & patch notes Dec 4th

Prev1
EE_Elephterion
1276 posts Envision Developer
edited December 4
Hello Testers!

Just before the year is over, we got another small update coming your way. We hope to roll out this patch still before the new year begins. Things update comes just after 19.4 and addresses some behind-the-scenes stuff, so it’s a bit lighter on the user side of changes.

We will take down the PTE world for patching around 08:00 UTC and return it back online after around 30 – 60 minutes, if there are no unforeseen interferences.

While its not a big update, we got some nice new features none the less! Like improved controls for the combat setup screen that have been requested for a while.
ogv8aymzgu9w.jpg

Changes & Bugfixes
  • Players with a Satellite Code can not occupy incoming satellite impact sites anymore
  • Mail counter should not count filtered out mails from ignored players anymore
  • Faction of attackers are now listed in the alliance combat reports overview window
  • Improved calculation of timestamps crossing over the date line
  • Code improvements and stability fixes
Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
Post edited by EE_Elephterion on

Replies

• nefrontheone
    391 posts Member
    edited December 3
    Sorry I'm so confused…
    "Players with a Satellite Code can now not occupy satellite impact sites" :-?
    'now can not occupy' or 'now can occupy' :-?
    In some worlds I tested this with 19.4, a player with a satellite code can not occupy a satellite impact site. https://prnt.sc/q5raof
    Not a part of EA / Envision teams - My comments are only mine.
  • KG5IZE
    48 posts Member
    edited December 4
    not sure how to describe this .. my base is stuck "under attack" lol
  • Sorry I'm so confused…
    In some worlds I tested this with 19.4, a player with a satellite code can not occupy a satellite impact site. https://prnt.sc/q5raof

Another world: https://prnt.sc/q5zprp
  • KG5IZE wrote: »

Yes, I have got the same problem with one base: https://prnt.sc/q5zs42
    Always testing something
  • Sorry I'm so confused…

I've changed the wording of that bullet point. This addresses the error message when trying to move onto an incoming satellite coordinate with a code.
    Changes & Bugfixes
    • Players with a Satellite Code can not occupy incoming satellite impact sites anymore

Still stuck?
  • @EE_Elephterion You are not logged in the PTE world, another player have the same problem.
  • KG5IZE
    48 posts Member
    edited December 4
    STILL STUCK6u1l2q0uq5oc.png
    STILL STUCK6u1l2q0uq5oc.png

Some players, not the same ordinal base.
    Always testing something
  • such a crap half of my bases are stuck in defense mode
  • You should take back the update again.
    Are too many mistakes in it.
    1. Bases are stuck in defense mode
    2. No repair button on the right
    3. Collecting boxes Missing button on the right
    4. Defense reports are missing
    First of all, these are the biggest mistakes.
  • iguanaworld
    246 posts Member
    edited December 4
    Neuton60 wrote: »
    You should take back the update again.
    Are too many mistakes in it.
    1. Bases are stuck in defense mode
    2. No repair button on the right
    3. Collecting boxes Missing button on the right
    4. Defense reports are missing
    First of all, these are the biggest mistakes.

Can you be more specific?

1. Some bases are blocked similar they are in defense (yes)
    2. Repair button? In base, defense or attack view? Are you talking about the repair button from Maelstrom Tools?
    3. Collecting boxes? Are you talking about the collecting button from Maelstrom Tools?
    4. Defense reports are cleared after one month, sometimes they take a while to appear as if the database is very saturated. I don't have defense reports to show then the defense view is empty.

If 2 and 3 are from Maelstrom Tools, remember that the new cheatscript from @leo7044 clicked this buttons automatically for you, then you can't see this buttons. ;-)

Thank you for your help.
    Always testing something
  • Hi Guys
    Since this update I have been unable to log back in. My bases have been destroyed by a team mate without chatting. Team Leaders/Commanders not sending out new invitations after requesting. Seems we have 5-10 players on this Public Test World who run everything through high bases and substitution on attack days. This world needs purging and this monopoly by these select players fixed. This same Alliance has beaten the Fortress more than 12 times. Whats the point and gain by letting this to continue happening.

Regards
    nhsdude2012
  • We are going to roll back for now but are optimistic that we can fix this still before the day is over. :)
  • gamerdruid
    2940 posts Moderator
    @nhsdude2012 You were removed because you had landed on a satellite code that had been claimed by someone else and hadn't logged in for a while.

A small group is controlling the PTE, I agree. But that has been the case since the start of the PTE's. The same players spend all (or almost all) of their time on the PTE. The fortress has been killed many, many times and almost everyone who is around at 9pm server time on a Friday seems to have had a chance to shoot the fortress.

As to what purpose does the PTE serve.... The server is used to test new patches such as 19.5 where there have been difficulties. You will have experienced the inability to log back in simply because today there have been a number of times the world has been restarted, there may be more!
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • Hi Druid
    I log in everyday to check in on developments within the game. Over the time I have been on the PTE I have conquered the Fortress. Once beaten is enough just same target different day. I only create 8 bases as creating any more appears pointless. Even the Fortress set up appears the same apart from its defence level. Regarding the Satellite I followed protocol and jumped onto a unclaimed dropping putting my request into the forum but this time invite came only from a lower group.

Mark
  • gamerdruid
    2940 posts Moderator
    It was un-occupied but was claimed in the 'higher' group forum and by the placing of a base close by.

No-one else but the members of a particular alliance can see the claims in the forum. You can't see claims in other alliance forums.

I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • PTE is back with a hopefully working 19.5 version. Its looking good so far.
  • Neuton60
    3 posts New member
    Jo mistakes are gone looks great.

From 31 bases no position maker anymore, only via alliance menu
    if you have the right one.
  • iguanaworld
    246 posts Member
    edited December 4
    PTE is back with a hopefully working 19.5 version. Its looking good so far.

Wow, if you write a message to another one in the world, in the message field all CRs (carriage returns) was lost. https://prnt.sc/q68wfk

Example:
    Body text:
    Hi! [CR]
    [CR]
    This is a text to probe the problem in the messages with the carriage return in the text.[CR]
    [CR]
    Each code [CR] is an "Enter" or "carriage return" in the body of the message.[CR
    [CR]
    Regards, iguanaworld.

Result: https://prnt.sc/q695ho
    Always testing something