EA Forums - Banner

Reduce malus on world Tiberian 42

Replies

• It's the way it's supposed to be. If you don't want malus go play on a non malus world.
  • I agree if you don't like the malus go play on a non malus world
  • Keep malus as is, it makes the game more playable. Alts need to get taken out of the game.
  • x-HiWay-x
    13 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Surprised to see you complaining like this Alkalyne. The rules were made before the world started. I rather enjoy it. Alts don't have a free reign to dig well beyond reasonable means and as farming accelerates offense growth does as well, therefore malus reduction. Patience is a virtue.

The alliance you've sided with, TtD, is known for abusing the alt system worse than any other in the game by a mile. This post falls in line with that directly because malus stone walls alts and I hate to see you put yourself in the middle of that argument as a competent player.
  • Hahaha! Laughable! Ya'll don't even know how the alts are being used-- ya'll just assumed they are being use for prehitting. Why don't you have Envision look into these alts and see if we are using them for prehitting or abusing them like you said, then you'll find out that you're the joke. You're a joke because you are losing against an alt LMAO--hence some of our alts have higher ranking than you. I seriously am asking Envision to look into our alts and see how they are used. Actually, I authorize them and i'll even hand my keys to one of the devs to see if i'm abusing my alt.

Anyway, back to the point, Alkalyne and his friends play Malus or Morale worlds, we [TTD] don't. When he and his team told us, this is not normal, we can only agree. SO don't try to attack the guy by saying all this false crap you guys are claiming. I just heard the same thing happened in Tib40 but ya'll didn't say 🎃🎃🎃🎃 like this.
  • x-HiWay-x wrote: »
    Surprised to see you complaining like this Alkalyne. The rules were made before the world started. I rather enjoy it. Alts don't have a free reign to dig well beyond reasonable means and as farming accelerates offense growth does as well, therefore malus reduction. Patience is a virtue.

The alliance you've sided with, TtD, is known for abusing the alt system worse than any other in the game by a mile. This post falls in line with that directly because malus stone walls alts and I hate to see you put yourself in the middle of that argument as a competent player.

Wow, Hi-Way! I thought we were friends? :-(

You're accusing us of abusing alts? Hmmm, look to your own team for that.

Actually prior to joining TTD, Alkalyne thought the same thing about us-- but after joining us, he saw how we use alts (and not to what you all claim). i'm not going to lie, yes there were a few players who joined us along the way that did have more than 1 and did use them for those reasons you claim but your accusations now are misplaced--abusing 10-15 alts per user. LOL that is just absurd. Anyway, we use alts just like how many uses them (hence to have the other faction kill OPs/bases our main can't). Many alliances do the same thing--🎃🎃🎃🎃 Koegy himself does this in many server. I ain't going to hide the fact that i myself use one until i get the cobras and/or until it is completely useless to me but some of us do keep them to have an alternative faction because they help on harder bases-- but not to do prehitting like you guys keep making up. Heck, like said, i authorize the devs to look into my alt and they'll see that it does its own farming independent of my main.

So stop with the hate.

P.S. I see now that you people acccusing us of multi-accounting have sent all your alts to us in South sector. What a bunch of hypocrytes lol.
  • We know exactly how you're using them since your own players have big mouths -- to "prehit" bases and feed the resources to mains, to dig out all the hard bases so your mains can focus on growing, and to kill tough Outposts to get easy ones to spawn. All of these things make a mockery of the way the game is supposed to be played, especially when you take it to such extreme levels with the sheer number of alts you're using. You rely on crutches to get big instead of playing the game straight-up.

EA has been clear that this kind of gameplay is an extreme form of exploitation, and they have made patches specifically to try to prevent your alliance from using it. Remember Patch 19.1? That was because of TTD. That fact that you guys are pretending you only want malus reduced so the world 'goes faster' and there's less farming is disingenuous and embarrassing.

Also, the fact that you're getting so defensive and upset proves your critics' point. No one hates you, we simply view the way you play with derision.
  • This is a classic server, it is supposed to be +4 malus. Stop complaining. If it was a 200x200 tiny world then complaints could have been justified, but it's a big world, you have enough bases to kill. There can be no argument.
  • However, I note a contradiction. I played tib 40 with the Iron Wolwes. The malus was too high as on the tib42. Our Commander-in-Chief then asked us to write on this forum for EA to reduce it. JUST LIKE HERE!
    I think that the same CiC asked his players exactly the opposite. On the tib40, there was no adversity... So it had to end quickly, opinions change very quickly finally. : )
    I vote +6, of course
  • More Malus! multi-accounts only gives privilege to a few with a lot of time available. Game has to be balanced.
  • To all those asking for a change mid-game, this does not happen. They tweak settings between worlds but very, very rarely do they change anything mid-game. (I say it this way because someone will point out that on Tib XX they changed something!).

To those asking for it to remain unchanged, it very, very likely that this will be the case - see comment in paragraph above.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • AlkalyneD4
    57 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Yes, players that were complaining on T40 that malus was too high are now ok with +4 malus, seems that it depend of if they are winning or not ^^

And btw, the malus vote is +4 or +6, that are the two malus mode proposed by the game, stop asking for more malus, it just show that you don't know how the game works, why not -10 malus so we can all farm lvl 12 outposts in a word that will last forever ? :*

x-HiWay-x wrote: »

Yes, I was also one of the player that was voting for no alt few months ago, but EA answered that alts are allowed in this game, so now everyone has to deal with alts.

And BTW I play with only 1 alt, and I see that a lot of players here complaining about alts, are actually using alts.
    And coming from a player that is in an alliance that played with the same amount of alts than our alliance is pretty Hypocrite, you still have huge amount of alts, some are doing pvp, and some PC players play with 5 or more alts. Being bad with alts does not mean that you are not abusing it.
    AlkalyneD4, cnc-map.com/ccta-stats.com developer
  • Ata & Alka , vous trouvez ça normal l'utilisation de Alts pour faire avancer l'alliance et vos propre compte ? jvous pensez des joueurs honnête
  • GameDruid said it perfect. This is how the game was set up before world started, keep it that way. Players will adjust their strategy as needed and maybe adjust which types of servers they decide to play in the future. Maybe even EA will adjust their settings... but between worlds, not in the middle of one.
  • Jaws, tout comme alka, je joue 1 alt qui m'aide au début. Cela fait deja un moment qu'il ne m'est plus utile. Je ne pense pas que ce soit malhonnête, les 3/4 des joueurs le font alors je m'adapte. >Comme le dit alka plus haut, certains de ceux qui reprochent de jouer avec des alts nous envoie...leurs alts en pvp, mdr c'est l'hopital qui se fout de la charité ; )
    En ce qui concerne le malus, je m'adapte aussi, pas de souci. Mais je te retourne ta question, pense tu qu'il soit logique que ton équipe (dont je faisais partie) demande une baisse du malus sur le 40 et l'inverse sur le 42 ?
    Il est juste complètement anormal d'avoir du malus sur les avp les plus élevés qu'on arrive à faire pop...
  • +6 lvl malus =)
  • Salmoranes
    74 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    dgh0324 wrote: »
    GameDruid said it perfect. This is how the game was set up before world started, keep it that way. Players will adjust their strategy as needed and maybe adjust which types of servers they decide to play in the future. Maybe even EA will adjust their settings... but between worlds, not in the middle of one.

Well, I'm not playing t42 active so I haven't noticed anything about to low or to high malus.
    But looking to the world's set ups both, t40 and t42 are equal ... so they should also have the same malus setting.
    On t40 the malus was not playable when the world started and was changed a few days later to a good playable value. So my thinking is that t42 should have the same.

As said, only thinking loud ... I haven't checked the malus cause I'm not playing there.
  • Agrre +6
  • Master161822
    21 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Was Tiberian 40 & 42 the same size? If 40 was a smaller world, it means less Forgotten bases at the same level to dig out, so high malus has a bigger impact.

Either way, as chertosha pointed out, Tib 42 seems to have enough bases to dig out. Perhaps it's not the size but because it's also less crowded (only 6,000 accounts there out of 15,000 spots). And not having the most infamous cheating alliance on Tib 40 meant that reduced willingness wouldn't benefit one team disproportionately.

BTW, EA never said multi-accounting was okay, they just haven't figured out a good way to stop it yet that doesn't ruin the game for everyone else. As with any exploit or cheat, players will always find a way around any patches and then try to downplay or justify their actions with 🎃🎃🎃🎃 excuses.
    Post edited by Master161822 on
  • AlkalyneD4
    57 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Both T40 & T42 have same size, both started with 4lvl malus, T40 was adjusted to 6lvl malus because players said that it was too hard, not enough bases to dig with this malus
    I was wondering why EA didn't started the T42 with same configuration than T40

And T42 is more crowded than T40 so "there is more bases to dig" it's false
    after 17 days, T40 had 5009 players, T42 6204

But now I can see that players asking for less malus on world T40 are now asking for more malus
    hfuw4tum1cxo.png

The only difference I see is that theses players were winning on last T40 and not here
    Maybe they think they can win with more malus...
    Post edited by AlkalyneD4 on
    AlkalyneD4, cnc-map.com/ccta-stats.com developer
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!