EA Forums - Banner

Can’t start Tib42 “name not available”

My brothers and I are trying to start Tib42 t and we can’t get past the select sector screen — says name not available. I haven’t tried it but they said they could start other worlds, just not Tib42.

Replies

• @EE_Elephterion can you take a look at this?
    Noticed in the json payload for CreateNewPlayer that "name":null -- so something is stopping the player name from being populated on this server. Other servers are working fine.
  • EE_Elephterion
    1362 posts Envision Developer
    edited January 6
    Hello Commander

Can you post me the whole json payload error? That would be useful.
    I'll let you know when we know more.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • wutzupe
    5 posts New member
    is there something wrong with tiberium 42?
    ive been trying to start that world but when it says choose sector i click on any sector and a dialog box appears and says "Name not available"
    does that mean someone is using my tag?
    ime well behind my friends now but would like to know why.
  • Here are the headers on Tib 42:
    CreateNewPlayer {"session":"[redacted]","name":null,"faction":1,"startDir":"n"}, Response: 1
    Browser alert pops up "name not available" clicking okay returns user to pick faction screen

On other worlds (e.g., Wrath 24):
    CreateNewPlayer: Request {"session":"[redacted]","name":null,"faction":1,"startDir":"n"}, Response: 0
    GetPlayerInfo: Request {"session":"[redacted]"}, Response: [redacted]
    then the world loads as expected

@EE_Elephterion
  • EE_Elephterion
    edited January 7
    wutzupe wrote: »
    is there something wrong with tiberium 42?
    ive been trying to start that world but when it says choose sector i click on any sector and a dialog box appears and says "Name not available"
    does that mean someone is using my tag?
    ime well behind my friends now but would like to know why.

Merged this into this thread as both are related.
  • @wutzupe, @alllowercasesnow
    Can you tell me the date and time you attempted to access the world when you got these errors? that would help us search the log files.
    Also, just to make sure, are any of you using VPNs?
  • EE_Elephterion
    edited January 7
    We are going to have to do a quick maintenance on the world to try and relief this problem later today, between 12:00 and 14:00 UTC.

That means the world will go offline during that time.
  • No VPN. Happens 100% of the time for me. Brothers still can't get in either.
  • EE_Elephterion
    edited January 7
    We completed the maintenance, are you also still having problems joining the world @wutzupe ?

If you manually log out and clear cache&cookies, does that yield the same error?
  • wutzupe
    5 posts New member
    i just tried to log in.
    slight problem.
    it loged in to the world now but it dosnt give the option to select faction or select sector.
    it just goes straight to the world but black. i cant do anything.
    i can create an alliance and see the list of players in the world. thats it.
  • hm, does that also happen on other worlds? Can you access the options on Tib42 and change to or from other worlds via the MY Games there?
  • wutzupe
    5 posts New member
    all other worlds fine
    i guess the server has loged that i started the world and planted my base already which i havent.
    i would say search for players with 0 bases and delete them from the server so they can start again?
  • gamerdruid
    3169 posts Moderator
    edited January 8
    They have been able to reproduce the problem - and will look for a solution on Wednesday (and implement it asap).
    Post edited by gamerdruid on
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • wutzupe
    5 posts New member
    still nothing!?
    a quick look at players there is 139 players with 0 bases.
  • Not a part of EA / Envision teams - My comments are only mine.
  • Maintenance has concluded, please let me know if there are still issues with joining the world.
  • wutzupe
    5 posts New member
    everything seems to be working fine now.
    world joined properly.
    in the maintainance thread above you refered to us as players stuck in limbo for 2 weeks.
    as we are now 2 weeks behind friends will there be 2 weeks worth of rt/cp crates in our supplies to help us catch up? ;)
    thanks for sorting the problem out swiftly.