EA Forums - Banner

This game finished ???

2Next

Replies

• > @Salmoranes said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Haven't read so much **** for ages.
    > If you don't like the game and if you are n it able to beat the top teams and win - just quit and stop blaming others ...

Yes, you haven't read it for ages because there is almost no one left...'top teams' are irrelevant when there is no level playing field. Call it crap all you want, but you cannot deny that the game play was changed at the request of a handful of players and without consultation of the majority. I played this game from the first public beta and only quit when the loot share became impossible as it changed the whole game for me. I knew hundreds of players, all of whom are gone, most left within the last 12 months....I challenge you to point out the wrong parts of my statement...
  • SpeirFein
    35 posts Member
    edited January 15
    The loot share in PvP needs to come back. The game is completely unbalanced and heavily favors PvE players. Increasing Morale or the FA system does not create enough of a balance in the game. Players should quake in their boots if their accounts hold excess resources for extended periods.

PvP forced a balance. PvP is what makes most games exciting and interesting. EA/TA developers need to realize that there will always be players that will try to exploit every mechanism possible with the game.

I am not a coder, but there are a few ideas that EA/TA developers can look at to limit abuse of the loot system during PvP:

1. Add a loot system that limits resources similar to the VP points reductions received by PvP on Veteran worlds. I am unsure of the reduction per hit, but essentially, every account to account hit (not bases) reduces the loot income. After x amount of kills, the total loot is limited to just the amount of total repair costs or crystal and tiberium (whichever is less).

2. Another PvP feature EA/TA can implement is creating a conquer the hill/flag type system. The game can calculate a theoretical central area for each alliance area. When another alliance conquers the area during pvp and it is held for 24 hours, resources gained from the battle are released to each account assigning resources to each player base based on the hits/kills. If an alliance splits to different areas, the game can calculate several central areas that need to be conquered and held for 24 hours.

3. It is almost impossible to counter perfectly alt accounts, and alt feeding if a PvP loot system is enabled . This should not be a deterrent. Additional checks can be tested and implemented. Instead, EA/TA can calculate a maximum theoretical growth of a players accounts on a daily basis and compare this to a player's account growth. If this theoretical maximum is violated, this should trigger a warning that a player may be alt feeding, and staff can review this. I find the notion that EA cannot have an internal security check to be insane.

If I can calculate a theoretical maximum growth for my daily account without knowing perfectly the math behind the game, EA can do the same.

A less resource intensive security check is to take the average daily evolution of each player's account on a player level basis and determine which accounts have abnormal growth. The system/staff can then have a log of accounts they can manually check logs for to determine if alt feeding is occurring. I would assume that EA has logs of account growth (if not, they should add the feature). For the next few worlds, EA should gather this data to determine normal averages, and standard deviations to determine triggers for this internal check.

• > @Salmoranes said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Haven't read so much **** for ages.
    > If you don't like the game and if you are n it able to beat the top teams and win - just quit and stop blaming others ...

Yes, you haven't read it for ages because there is almost no one left...'top teams' are irrelevant when there is no level playing field. Call it crap all you want, but you cannot deny that the game play was changed at the request of a handful of players and without consultation of the majority. I played this game from the first public beta and only quit when the loot share became impossible as it changed the whole game for me. I knew hundreds of players, all of whom are gone, most left within the last 12 months....I challenge you to point out the wrong parts of my statement...

Well, you can challenge me or not ... doesn't change anything. What you say is just not true. The game was never changed because of a handful players. That's what players want to believe cause it is easier. It is always the same, ppl loose and just blame others for everything instead reflecting the own faults.

I also know many many quitters cause I started on the first beta world too. That's part of games ... ppl quit and ppl stay.

I liked the old pvp with loot also way more but I definatly disliked the RP farming way more, so the changes were the best thing to do. And even with the current pvp system we have fun and manage to beat our opponents - and not the pve players won the last worlds ... they were only one piece of the bigger tactic.

I'm totally with all of you when you ask for new stuff. Many ideas out there. But always blaming others without real proof is not my style.
  • "The game was never changed because of a handful players. That's what players want to believe cause it is easier."
    i disagree.
    most players were never informed on any large changes and only a select few where involved, mainly the devs german farming friends who HATE pvp.
    once it was enabled a storm erupted on the forum which all devs and mods just ignored other than banning people for bad language.

its like the EU constitution vote all over again.
    "huh? what did you all say? you're too stupid and ignorant to listen to. well go ahead with it anyway"

however we are going offtopic and id still like to see more worlds released before noone plays this game anymore except the 4 teams that always win with their alts.
  • > @Salmoranes said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Well, you can challenge me or not ... doesn't change anything. What you say is just not true. The game was never changed because of a handful players. That's what players want to believe cause it is easier. It is always the same, ppl loose and just blame others for everything instead reflecting the own faults.
    >
    > I also know many many quitters cause I started on the first beta world too. That's part of games ... ppl quit and ppl stay.
    >
    > I liked the old pvp with loot also way more but I definatly disliked the RP farming way more, so the changes were the best thing to do. And even with the current pvp system we have fun and manage to beat our opponents - and not the pve players won the last worlds ... they were only one piece of the bigger tactic.
    >
    > I'm totally with all of you when you ask for new stuff. Many ideas out there. But always blaming others without real proof is not my style.

Eh? It is an established fact that the inner circle of the world champions had a phone conversation with the devs and had loot share nerfed in an effort to curb multi-alts...trying to pretend this didn't happen now is beyond stupid.
  • > @Salmoranes said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Well, you can challenge me or not ... doesn't change anything. What you say is just not true. The game was never changed because of a handful players. That's what players want to believe cause it is easier. It is always the same, ppl loose and just blame others for everything instead reflecting the own faults.
    >
    > I also know many many quitters cause I started on the first beta world too. That's part of games ... ppl quit and ppl stay.
    >
    > I liked the old pvp with loot also way more but I definatly disliked the RP farming way more, so the changes were the best thing to do. And even with the current pvp system we have fun and manage to beat our opponents - and not the pve players won the last worlds ... they were only one piece of the bigger tactic.
    >
    > I'm totally with all of you when you ask for new stuff. Many ideas out there. But always blaming others without real proof is not my style.

Here is a link to the thread, it was all over the forums for the first few months last year https://forums.ea.com/en/commandandconquer/discussion/241502/developer-and-player-relationships/p1
    The notion that players whine because they can't win is beyond a joke. A particular team found a way to win but nubaal and his crew didn't like it so they changed the game for everyone just so multi alts couldn't happen in the wcs. I have won many worlds and lost many worlds but kept playing either way. Getting rid of multi alts for the wcs is one thing, and I don't care about it in particular, but nerfing loot share for everyone because the germans lost a couple of worlds to the russians was and still is outrageous. The game is ruined and the wcs was tainted beyond redemption, except of course to the handful of players like yourself, who think that everyone is just whining. Don't worry, I am gone from the game, but I will drop in to the forum on occasion to highlight the hypocrisy, i.e if you cant win go away and stop whining while we whine to the devs to get our changes because we cant win...
    p.s. nubaal and his crew rang the devs on the 27/02/2019 after losing two consecutive worlds. if you think this isn't true, who don't you ask them?
  • I know all these things you pointing out about players talking to devs ... that was discussed way enough. But I don't believe the game was changed because a few players say so ....
    The game was changed because the devs tried to fix exploiting and cheating. And they were aware of some things because players reported it to them.

Not every change is good for everyone but all the cheating and exploiting is also totally crap and ruins the game way more in the long run.

However you have your opinion and I have my. It is how It is ....
  • jbl3ck
    18 posts Member
    edited January 17
    "The game was never changed because of a handful players. That's what players want to believe cause it is easier."
    i disagree.
    most players were never informed on any large changes and only a select few where involved, mainly the devs german farming friends who HATE pvp.
    once it was enabled a storm erupted on the forum which all devs and mods just ignored other than banning people for bad language.

"huh? what did you all say? you're too stupid and ignorant to listen to. well go ahead with it anyway"

however we are going offtopic and id still like to see more worlds released before noone plays this game anymore except the 4 teams that always win with their alts.

that is because u're most likely talk only...
    the rules are the same for everyone... u seem to know , but dislike a few of them and try to play the game as u like it and blame the devs when that doesn't go as planned.

goddammit... u're not "the ❤️❤️❤️❤️" and the rules aren't going to bend your way...

as u claim it... someone else's way of playing the game is getting all the badges... change your way?

this is not "The Matrix"... the spoon is real.
    u're living in a dream world Neo. :wink:

"the germans did it" is old crap!
    Post edited by jbl3ck on
  • jbl3ck wrote: »
    "The game was never changed because of a handful players. That's what players want to believe cause it is easier."
    i disagree.

that is because u're most likely talk only...
    the rules are the same for everyone... u seem to know , but dislike a few of them and try to play the game as u like it and blame the devs when that doesn't go as planned.

goddammit... u're not "the ****" and the rules aren't going to bend your way...

as u claim it... someone else's way of playing the game is getting all the badges... change your way?

this is not "The Matrix"... the spoon is real.
    u're living in a dream world Neo. :wink:

"the germans did it" is old crap!

let me guess, youre one of those clowns that joins one of their 100 sister alliances, sucks ❤️❤️❤️❤️ all the way up to main and now defends them like im speaking blasphemy.
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️ off already and get back in your cage.
  • jbl3ck
    18 posts Member
    edited January 19
    let me guess, youre one of those clowns that joins one of their 100 sister alliances, sucks **** all the way up to main and now defends them like im speaking blasphemy.
    **** off already and get back in your cage.

if it makes you sleep well... yes i am.
    i've been #1 and i know the time and energy required to be there.
    this doesn't change the fact that u're not grasping some game "rules" (u are, but try to change them so that it suits u).

just be active... u can't win by sprinting in the beginning and invent excuses when u're left behind cause u're out of breath soon after.
    if u move your elbows (PvP and chat spammer), u'll not gain speed.
    i guess it's the next best thing to do though... have u tried multiple accounts?... of course u did...
    how about a vote for Trump? his next slogan is "make the world great again!" (sorry for this one...)

even if the game rules will change as u want them to, u'll still not win it.
    if i'm a clown, i'll be IT and own my ❤️❤️❤️❤️.
    ok mastah... back to my cage now.
    Post edited by jbl3ck on
  • So we are really going to wait for TTD to finish 42 so they can start the next one ?
    Really sad this, 2 months for a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ world to start. jezus christ.

and you wonder why you lose customers even more now, because you only let 4 teams dominate the VERY FEW worlds you release.

you ❤️❤️❤️❤️ dont even reply in these threads. go ❤️❤️❤️❤️ yourself.
  • ....because you only let 4 teams dominate the VERY FEW worlds you release.

I dont get it .... Seems you are highly frustrated. Everyone has the same chance to win when a world starts. The fact there are a few teams doing better than others is not the devs fault. And launching more worlds will not change much. If there are 8 worlds you will see most likely the same winners cause many are able to play more than one world at a a time.
    Create your own alliance and play world after world. You will loose at the beginning, but after some worlds your team will be better and you start to win. It is much work and needs so much time, but that is what we cics did in the past.

you **** dont even reply in these threads. go **** yourself.

... And you wonder why? Writing such things doesn't help much.

• I think this thread has ran it course. Putting a lock on this before it goes further down the drain...
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!