• you know is all about the £££££££££££££££££ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$
  • Perfect, Martin.
  • methuselah
    403 posts Senior Moderator
    I'm losing the will to fight....

You need a morale boost?

:D

• I see what you did there >.<
    Tbh I'd rather play without a sim at all than have morale there.
    If only you guys could find a way to ban it altogether, but I guess you gave up on that MANY years ago!
  • Actually it seems reasonable to assume that it is possible. I mean, it's not possible to sim the fortress so why not implement that in the whole game? Or have people actually managed to sim the fort?!
  • methuselah
    Not a big fan or morale here either, I do not believe simming the fort is possible. I've not heard of it if it is.
  • gamerdruid
    3299 posts Moderator
    I can confirm simming the fortress is not possible using the in-built simulator.

On the PTE pre-attacks are used for days to 'test' the responses of the fortress defences - this of course only tests the first waves and is not feasible to do constantly on other worlds.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • I'm just saying that if it's possible to prohibit simming the fortress, then why can't sim be banned altogether?
  • I'm just saying that if it's possible to prohibit simming the fortress, then why can't sim be banned altogether?

Why should the sim be banned? Make no sense ... simming is part of the game and with the inbuild simulation everyone has the power to simulate every attack without using any script.
  • Well it wasn't originally intended to be part of the game. Don't get me wrong, I love the sim, BUT I just wonder how it would be to try without it. Just hate that morale so much I rather not use sim at all, as I said :p
  • gamerdruid
    3299 posts Moderator
    The fortress was added after the very early worlds were launched, so presumably the sim prevention was introduced when the fortress was.

Delays were introduced to the simming process, but as they (as I understand) rely on stand calls to the library stopping them completely may be more difficult (or as simple as moving or renaming the library call) :)
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • Salmoranes
    74 posts Member
    edited February 21
    Well it wasn't originally intended to be part of the game. Don't get me wrong, I love the sim, BUT I just wonder how it would be to try without it. Just hate that morale so much I rather not use sim at all, as I said :p

Ah, ok I see .... I played the first worlds, when there was no simming tool and got all of them over the time.
    From my experience I had fun without sim and I really like the current sim scripts ... it is fun to sim for hours to the best result.

I never liked the simming scripts which placed the units for you or did a sim very second when you replaced one unit. That wasn't playing the game, just let the pc do your job ...
  • gamerdruid wrote: »
    The fortress was added after the very early worlds were launched, so presumably the sim prevention was introduced when the fortress was.

Delays were introduced to the simming process, but as they (as I understand) rely on stand calls to the library stopping them completely may be more difficult (or as simple as moving or renaming the library call) :)

Yes that's right. I was playing my first world, W50, when they implemented the Fortress.
    Managed to win it too XD
  • @EE_Elephterion So will you be trying the higher cap on other worlds? I hear it's pretty quiet there. Pretty sure you'd have had a better response without those damnable Forgotten Attacks. And Morale. Bleurgh.
  • methuselah
    lol DME, how do you really feel about Morale I can't tell? :p