EA Forums - Banner

[ERROR] Too Many Redirects!

2Next

Replies

• gamerdruid
    3635 posts Moderator
    I use that software 32-bit version and have only had a problem once.

The solution put in place on Friday should have sorted out the problem for the game, but obviously didn't for purchases for some.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • methuselah
    412 posts Senior Moderator
    32 bit version here as well, interesting it still does not work for me I get the exact same error. When it first flared up I went and cleared my cookies thinking that would solve it and it did not. Did you do anything else at all to restore functionality, maybe a full clear of all history, cookies, passwords, etc.?

I don't understand why it fails for me on three different machines but it works okay for you?
  • gamerdruid
    3635 posts Moderator
    I only lost functionality once so didn't do anything to restore it other than logging out and back in again.
  • methuselah
    That doesn't work for me on 3 different machines, same exact results. Log out, log in, clear cookies, still can't use it, 'too many redirects'
  • gamerdruid
    3635 posts Moderator
    Different browser in Private or Incognito mode has been suggested as working, for some.
  • EE_Elephterion
    1585 posts Envision Developer
    methuselah wrote: »
    That doesn't work for me on 3 different machines, same exact results. Log out, log in, clear cookies, still can't use it, 'too many redirects'

Can you send me a screenshot of the browser console when you get the error? That might help us identify the problem.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • 12thD
    1 posts New member
    I have had this same problem changing servers for a couple of years, as well as the payment issues when buying funds. Now I find I can't start on the Wrath 25 server - locked out as if the server was full...all the sectors red.
  • gamerdruid
    3635 posts Moderator
    I can confirm there is a problem still at this time. They are now aware of the issue, but it may extend until normal work resumes on Monday. Please post in a few hours if it is resolved or not.
  • Cannot add funds, due to error: "accounts.ea.com redirected you too many times."

macOS CATALINA 10.15.3
    Google Chrome Version 80.0.3987.163 (64-bit)

Same issue on different browsers and on Windows OS
  • > @EE_Elephterion said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    >
    > Can you send me a screenshot of the browser console when you get the error? That might help us identify the problem.

I've provided info on an issue, is this being addressed? FYI I have been playing with no scripts.
  • methuselah
    I still can't use Iron at all and I get this error with other Chrome related browsers as well. Mostly it rectifies itself with a browser shut down and restart but it comes up quite a bit.
  • methuselah
    So I found another Chrome based product to use since Iron won't work it is called Commodo Dragon. Now it is doing the exact same thing. Fresh boot, try to load the change server screen, too many redirects.

Sigh.....
  • gamerdruid
    3635 posts Moderator
    Many of the chrome offshoots share the same locations to store cookies etc so could be the cause of the problem re-occurring on new installs.
  • methuselah
    It's weird, with Commodo Dragon on the first load of the day and a fresh boot I get too many redirects. I'm no web ninja but that seems odd.