EA Forums - Banner

abusive player

i am starting this thread so people can report abuse on server world 89.

we are in the middle of a war with an alliance called Freelancer, no issues there however me and many of my fellow commanders are receiving abusive unsolicited emails from these players 0261942ab381df3eb5d52cd81276600f a160428810ab37a6146459b3d1d7abf3 yo2vio yo2vio11
who are all run by the same person
the email reporting system does not seem to be administered so i am highlighting this serious issue and expect EA to show due diligence in dealing with this

Replies

• Hello commander,
    if you are receiving abusive messages you can use the ignore function to block unwanted communication from players in-game. Also make sure to open a ticket with the EA customer service, providing them with screenshots of the messages. https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/?product=cc-tiberium-alliances&platform=browser&category=report-concerns-or-harassment&issue=report-player&isChannelSelection=true

It will be more useful if every player who are receiving threads and insults makes their own ticket instead of a collective complaint.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • thanks i have forwarded this communication in game
  • I have received numerous abusive messages from this player also on World 89. My children are no longer allowed to play this game which is too bad.
    The ingame reporting doesn't appear to be having any effect so if you would please do something it would be appreciated
    Thanks
  • gamerdruid
    3491 posts Moderator
    edited April 15
    If you click on the players name it gives an option to "ignore player" and you can similarly ignore a player within chat. It doesn't stop messages being displayed if they are forwarded from a different account, eg from others in your alliance when they reply.

Unfortunately, even when action is taken, you are not informed so if they are warned you will not be told.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • Perhaps the person making the complaint should be informed of the outcome
    let face it in a court of law the Accuser is always told of the case outcome
    Here we have a Accuser and EA is the Law (Court) there fore EA should tell the Accuser of the out come
  • gamerdruid
    3491 posts Moderator
    You and I agree, but it isn't our decision!
  • Hi GD
    longtime no speak
    RAYMONDRONALD is right that in RL this is how things are dealt with but i struggle to understand why in this day and age EA still seem to have an outdated approach.
    I believe it is incumbent upon EA to deal with criminality regardless of whether it happens in a game or RL.
    whether abuse happens in Rl or a game there should be no difference in the way the abuse and antisocial behaviour is dealt with.
    I had to come to this forum to highlight the issue, as EA do not administer the in game complaints procedure.
    I am grateful for the link to the EA complaints page, and will use it.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/?product=cc-tiberium-alliances&platform=browser&category=report-concerns-or-harassment&issue=report-player&isChannelSelection=true

HOWEVER this player continues to send me and my fellow commanders abusive unsolicited email
    I cannot block him as it does not work and as a CIC of several alliances i need to arbitrate and deal with issues.
    So I am asking EA to start administering the in game complaints procedure and to show some leadership and due diligence in dealing with abuse.
    No one should have to suffer this kind of abuse!
    In my case like Jethro i have had to stop my children from playing the game.
    I cannot allow them to read email which insults my mother, my sexuality and ethnicity.

NB.

if it is not dealt with I reserve the right to take the matter further
  • FYI
    the complaints page no longer works!!
  • gamerdruid
    3491 posts Moderator
    edited April 16