EA Forums - Banner

Can not Sub for others

Prev1
I keep getting a warning when new players send me their sub and the sub rules have not been broken, how can I get the warning reset

Replies

• gamerdruid
    3436 posts Moderator
    What sort of 'warning'? As screenshot of the warning would be useful.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • EE_Elephterion
    1464 posts Envision Developer
    Hello commander,

what does the warning say?
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • Sorry for the delay but when I accept a substitution I then click on the login and this notice comes up and I cant continue with the sub.

"Substitution rules have been violated. A substitution must follow these rules.
    1 Substitutions can only last 30 days per session
    2 An account can only be substituted for 50 percent of their existence
    3 An account can not be substituted for the first 5 days"

The sub that was sent to me has not been subbed for a long time and this notice comes up all the time when players send me subs
  • chertosha
    104 posts Member
    yes, we ran into this bug on tib 44 as well, on multiple accounts now
    there is one account which used the sub maybe 7-8 times for like half an hour to see front bases, and it says 18 days of active substitution out of 30 on the server, which is impossible
    there is another account which used sub also maybe 5-6 times also for short periods, but says 22 days of active substitution out of 30, which is just complete ❤️❤️❤️❤️
    how can it even be that you were subbed more than half the time, if subs are supposed to stop working when it gets to 50%
    but the bug must be that it computes that time incorrectly - that is for sure
    something must be done about it, as it hinders progress and forces people to share logins more than they would like to
  • Thanks, good to see its not just me
  • gamerdruid
    3436 posts Moderator
    One thing to be aware of in the counting of subbed 'days' is that once a player accepts the sub the clock is ticking until the sub is stopped. It isn't counting the 'days' or hours it was physically being used but the time it 'could' have been used.

I don't know how it can have recorded more than 50% of days.
  • I only had the sub forwarded to me a few hours before and the owner had never subbed it before, there is a glitch in the software. I cant use the sub for anyone the notice just keeps coming up. It needs to be fixed as I am the CiC and need to look after others
  • EE_Elephterion
    Hello Commanders,

please consider that a sub is active once its been accepted, not just when you log into it.
    The feature is meant for a temporary substitution, not a permanent alt-account management tool, so the time restriction is designed the way it is.
  • the message before says I only had the sub just given to me, and also I can not sub anyone else as the notice I mentioned keeps popping up with other subs. I have tried several with the help of others. So my sub ability is useless and it doesnt work for anyone, the software is obviously flawed
  • gamerdruid
    3436 posts Moderator
    I've read all the messages before and just scanned them - apologies if I've missed this - what world (or worlds) is this happening on?
  • chertosha
    104 posts Member
    Hello Commanders,

please consider that a sub is active once its been accepted, not just when you log into it.
    The feature is meant for a temporary substitution, not a permanent alt-account management tool, so the time restriction is designed the way it is.

Yes, the sub was active for half an hour at most, half a dozen times, that cannot make up 18 days or 22 days. That cannot make up even 1 day in total. There is a bug and you gotta acknowledge that here. And fix it. You cannot just write our reports off as some kinda mistake on our side. We are not stupid or new to the game so questioning our description of reality is not the way forward.
    If you need information on which accounts got this so that you can reproduce this bug and fix it, let me know in pm.
  • EE_Elephterion
    chertosha wrote: »
    Yes, the sub was active for half an hour at most, half a dozen times, that cannot make up 18 days or 22 days. That cannot make up even 1 day in total. There is a bug and you gotta acknowledge that here. And fix it. You cannot just write our reports off as some kinda mistake on our side. We are not stupid or new to the game so questioning our description of reality is not the way forward.
    If you need information on which accounts got this so that you can reproduce this bug and fix it, let me know in pm.

You say it was active for half an hour at most, and then has been ended and re-issued again for the next login? Or just logged out without ending the substitution? That is the difference that matters in this case.
  • I am on world Tiberian 40
  • chertosha
    104 posts Member
    edited May 5
    You say it was active for half an hour at most, and then has been ended and re-issued again for the next login? Or just logged out without ending the substitution? That is the difference that matters in this case.

person 1 sends a substitution to person 2,
    person 2 enters and looks around at forgotten bases, for a few minutes, no longer than 30 minutes
    then person 1 logs into his account and cancels the substitution when entering, pressing the cancel button

these steps repeat with different people instead of person 2, let's say every other day, for a couple weeks
    that makes 7 times 30minutes that's 3.5 hours of total substitution time
    the rest of the time the account is actively played by the owner - person 1
    and then some person 3 sends substitution to person 1 and person 1 wants to accept a substitution,
    person 1 gets the message that his account cannot accept and use substitutions from anybody because his own account of person 1 was substituted for 22 days or 18 days (reportedly) out of 30

now i'm thinking, of two possibilities,
    one possibility of a bug is maybe if person 1 logged in and kicked the person 2 out, person 2 did not click the cancel button, and the substitution is counted as continuing even though it's not
    another possibility of a bug is that most of the time person 1 sends emergency sub to a centralized sub account for the whole alliance, which never gets accepted, but maybe still counts as a sub all this time
    either way this is not how it is supposed to work
  • gamerdruid
    3436 posts Moderator
    Given your scenario, if the sub is accepted on 7 different days then it is possible it is counting actual number of days and not time in seconds, minutes and hours to make up to the number of days.

However, this still doesn't account for the problem where there are 22 out of 30 days counted.
  • gamerdruid
    3436 posts Moderator
    Our little experiment has highlighted the problem - I subbed @Taipan901 and it was accepted then cancelled immediately. This was done twice.

The account had never been subbed before.

After the first sub it recorded, correctly 1 day but on the second try it now records 4 days. As the sub was done and closed immediately I would have expected it to show only 2 days for the 2 sub events.

http://prntscr.com/sd9jqa

The developers are now aware of this! :wink:
  • gamerdruid
    3436 posts Moderator
    Hmm - now it is showing 0 sub days!
  • EE_Elephterion
    Just wanted to let you know that we are still investigating the issue but its not quite clear why it is only showing up recently and only for a few players.

If you know of other players/accounts that have the same issue please let us know here, the more data we gather the sooner we can pinpoint the error.
  • I have no way of knowing who else may have the issue, but its making the game unworkable for me as CiC considering we are next for the attack on the FF. Unfortunately it has made me loose faith in the game and I will have to leave as CiC because the software issue has made me a lame duck. What a waste of time and money when you get this far and the system fails us in sight of the finish line. If something cant be done soon to correct the problem then Im done as I wont be risking any more games with EA, a sad way to go, but after a decade of playing but I am loosing faith in the game after this and other problems I have had.
  • gamerdruid
    3436 posts Moderator
    The patch 20.2 may help (or not). Wait until it is tested on the PTE and rolled out as the problem also existed on there.