EA Forums - Banner

Can not Sub for others

2Next

Replies

• I am still waiting for a reply and fix to this problem, as CIC to an alliance it is frustrating to not be able to have anyone sub to me because it always comes up with an error code. Unfortunately there is a software glitch that EA can not resolve and its making the game unworkable. This has been going on now for months with no resolution so EA needs to refund me all my funds as I am now unable to carry out the role I have aimed for and see no advantage in continuing with any of the worlds.
  • gamerdruid wrote: »
    The patch 20.2 may help (or not). Wait until it is tested on the PTE and rolled out as the problem also existed on there.
    I do hope the substitution issues gets fixed and that one can tell how many hours a person has ran the substitution. This gets pretty annoying when you check the subbed account 3 or 4 times a day and it says that you checked it for 3, 4 or all the way up to 10 days.
    I was planning for an exclusive feature within my alliance that would help new players optimize their attacks. It can be costly for new players to attack if they don't know what to do. The more experienced ones step in for the novice ones and simulate all available camps/outposts within range, finding ones that are possible to destroy with the novice one's army.
    The substituting player then save the setups and quits the substitution. The novice player then can return and choose which ones to attack and study the layout so he can know how the veteran player attacked. Other players can copy this idea I had in mind, unless its too game breaking or something.

• gamerdruid
    3426 posts Moderator
    It's a nice idea, one that I've seen used in the past. It's not the intended use of the substitution system which was designed for holiday substitutions when a player is unable to access the internet for whatever reason. I don't see it as a game breaker, but I'm not a developer.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • Yeah, the combat simulator was created after the substitution system. If only its official so players won't complain of alliances cheating and what not. Another thing to note is that you will have difficulty on the first few days. It seems that some substitution related functions are currently broken.
  • gamerdruid
    3426 posts Moderator
    There is a set limit to the proportion of days you can substitute for. In the early days of a world this means you can't substitute in the way you describe. That isn't 'broken', it's intended that you can substitute in the early days of a world. The counting of substitution 'days' is also strange as it is not counting actual use, but how long the substitution has been accepted and sometimes it gets it wrong and adds extra to the days that have been used, which is important at the start of a world.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • Well its not helping me, I am now supposed to be helping members with their layouts and showing them good resource collecting strategies and I cant use the sub of any player, we are at the Fortress and I cant help anyone, this is the pitts when you play a long game and as CiC get dumped by EAs software issues. Its been months now and I am over not being able to play the game by helping others. Its obvious the developers arent able to fix it so EA needs to bring someone on board that can but I bet it doesnt get fixed soon enough for me to bring my alliance to the FF.