EA Forums - Banner

new firestorm... question

Prev1
reinemachfrau
59 posts Member
edited June 3
This Firestorm features stronger POIs and increased level caps for players up to 80 and NPCs to 97.
does this mean we can level up to buildings lvl 80 (allthough the max limit is 65) and does this mean the FG will be up to lvl 97?

please clarify.

thanks
reine
Post edited by reinemachfrau on

Replies

• Also what is the size of the world? 500x500?
  • gamerdruid
    3426 posts Moderator
    edited June 4
    As on the PTE, it means that the player base limit is no longer 65 but is increased to 80. The non-player controlled (NPC) bases/camps/outposts will reach a maximum of 97. This means the tunnels and POI's will also be higher values.

The size of the world is controlled by the number of player spots, so at 5000 player locations the world will be the same size as Firestorm 13 and other 5000 slot worlds.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • so the change is bit strange
    I mean
    from 65 max players level and 50 lvl forgottens
    to
    80 max players level and 97 lvl forgottens

Comparing the numbers seems to be something wrong . How you go from players level > forgottens lvl to
    players level < forgottens lvl ?

I believe the 80 will be not even close enough with such high lvl bases , pois , ops etc . Should be at least 90 or even equal the highest base level to the forgottens level
  • gamerdruid
    3426 posts Moderator
    We'll find out next week :smile:

I would have liked to see the numbers tried out on the PTE first, but testing of 20.2 has to take precedence.
  • honestly I would like to see a comment from Eleptherion regarding this , and what the idea behind it or if it was a mistake to be corrected :)
  • EE_Elephterion
    1464 posts Envision Developer
    I can look into the level caps if that lends some peace of mind. Fact is the level increase for Forgotten Bases will be a bit steeper than usual when marching on the Fortress, but without counterattacks or morale this should even out somewhat. :)
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • Sorrowman1984
    43 posts Member
    edited June 4
    it doesnt sound very correct to me but I might be wrong :D
    in a normal world we have lvl 50 guardians and minimum of lvl 50 Fortress . And we are usually have units very close to lvl 50 to be able to kill it
    Now applying a simply logic , if FAB goes to 97 , means the FF must be minimum of 97 lvl aswell so killing it in best case scenario with lvl 80 units , sounds bit harsh to me lol . I am not even sure if will be able to kill the Fotress....

Same for farming and for killing bases we will be forced even after long long time to be killing ops camps and bases with big gaps of levels , like 17 as minimum , its almost impossible

Dont take me wrong I am excited to start the server and try to kill bases in such high level difference and the mode is crazy and I love it , however , as long the server goes , the level gap should be closing more and more like any other world we have participated till the start of the game . So I think you should increase more the maximum of the maximum player levels, I guess something like like 100 it cant be so low with so high lvl FAB, so at least we could be able to get equal level units at some point of the server even if this takes us long i dont care about this
  • ah and also one more issue, how are we gonna activate lvl 97 TEs with lvl 80 OLs ? :D
  • EnergizerD4
    4 posts New member
    I think bigger bonus will help, but yes, I think we can have some problems, also with ressources, with two 47 you can upgrade a scorpion 46 to 47.
    So I'm not sure we can spend ressources of a lvl 97 base with the lvl80 cap ? 1 single 97 base will be enough to upgrade the whole army to 80 ? ^^
  • EnergizerD4
    4 posts New member
    > @EE_Elephterion said:
    >this should even out somewhat. :)

Can't edit my message, but yes lvl 97 is good for this kind of small world without FA/Morale, it can be fun and not too fast, you can keep it like that :)
  • > @EE_Elephterion said:
    >this should even out somewhat. :)

Can't edit my message, but yes lvl 97 is good for this kind of small world without FA/Morale, it can be fun and not too fast, you can keep it like that :)

yeah my only objection is for the maximum base level we can reach , the 97 level of bases is nice and interesting
  • Polux37
    3 posts New member
    It's nice that there is info this time about taking off lthe 65 lvl lock.
    First classical server without the lock. Previous word with no FA and no morale was F10 in 09.2018. so long time ago. This time it may speed the process of reaching the center, but still it should be many months, so it sounds fun.
  • EE_Elephterion
    Hello Commanders,

I got to post a correction to the original Announcement, the level cap of 97 applies to the Forgotten Fortress, not the NPCs in general.
  • Hello Commanders,

I got to post a correction to the original Announcement, the level cap of 97 applies to the Forgotten Fortress, not the NPCs in general.

So could you please clarify the following

a) What level will be the guardians , and what the highest level base ?

b) what will be the maximum level base we can reach , and as result the max OL DL etc ?

c) When you mean 97 lvl FF cap , you mean that we cannot have higher than 97 level FF ? and will be 97 minus 25 codes ? so in reality 72 ?

Regards
  • EE_Elephterion
    a) What level will be the guardians , and what the highest level base ?
    Guardian Bases will be Level 60
    b) what will be the maximum level base we can reach , and as result the max OL DL etc ?
    Player Base Max level wil be 80 as per announcement.
    c) When you mean 97 lvl FF cap , you mean that we cannot have higher than 97 level FF ? and will be 97 minus 25 codes ? so in reality 72 ?
    We increased all max levels across the board by 15 for this world, affecting Player levels and all NPC levels. I suppose i should have worded it like that in the first place, my bad.
    Fortress level will adjust as usual to player strength increase and have its usual offset to other bases.

• gamerdruid
    3426 posts Moderator
    So if the NPC level has been adjusted by +15, has the cap on the Fortress been adjusted by the same amount? At present, no Fortress has ever been higher than 95 on the PTE. If it's been adjusted by 15 that will make the limit 110 before injection of the virus codes and 85 afterwards. It may take some time to reach these limits on FS14 - time enough for them to be tested on the PTE!
  • Got a question for the new worlds with 80 plus levels, will there every be a world with up to 80 levels and forgotten attacks? It would feel easier if the attacks are less serious as either there are fewer units or the units are scrambled to the point they can't destroy the defense easily. Kind of want to see a world with level 80 bases and light forgotten attacks (these can't normally pass through someone's defense).
  • gamerdruid
    3426 posts Moderator
    Take a look at the PTE - it has FG attacks and is a level 80 world. Existing worlds won't be changed, we've been told, because of technical reasons so only new worlds will be level 80+

Level 70 camps are now being generated - just don't sit beside them with level 40 defences!
  • Strange that Firestorm's Arsenal page got access to Forgotten Attacks units even though forgotten attacks are disabled. Take a look as it feels weird. I would like to request that the forgotten attack would be a feature exclusive to the forgotten fortress so players won't have a hard time reaching the fortress.
    8smtkaijxpla.png
  • gamerdruid
    3426 posts Moderator
    edited June 15
    All worlds show the full forgotten arsenal not just forgotten attack worlds. I checked on a very old world, World 26 and it shows their arsenal.