EA Forums - Banner

Hidden status change

As a result of the failure indicated by @iguanaworld I have remembered something that I had in my head for a long time and had not commented on it here.
In many alliances, using the "hidden" status is prohibited or, at least, not recommended, because it does not allow alliance managers to see the activity of the players.
Could the possibility of a commander-in-chief taking that status from a player could somehow be activated?
Or that the alliance leaders could see the last connection date of all the players even if some are hidden?
Or the only solution is to eject the player who uses the hidden state?
Not a part of EA / Envision teams - My comments are only mine.

Replies

• EE_Elephterion
    1546 posts Envision Developer
    I dont think undermining this social feature this way is intended by principle.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • Soixie
    468 posts Member
    Undermining ? What? You misstated "the code is written and we don't want to touch it"

I'm the leader of the alliance and some pheasant is allowed to do whatever they want, due to "principle"?

das boot!!

• I dont think undermining this social feature this way is intended by principle.

Without wanting to disturb or start a sterile discussion ...

I do not understand this "principle".
    If I am the leader of a team, I like to know who works for the good of the team and who does not.
    For this, I need to know when each player has connected and if I see any as "hidden", I immediately think that they do not want to collaborate and I will expel them from my alliance.
    In all the alliances that I know of, the use of the "hidden" state is restricted or nullified, therefore ... it is either useless or inappropriate.
  • Soixie
    468 posts Member
    I dont think undermining this social feature this way is intended by principle.

Without wanting to disturb or start a sterile discussion ...

I do not understand this "principle".
    If I am the leader of a team, I like to know who works for the good of the team and who does not.
    For this, I need to know when each player has connected and if I see any as "hidden", I immediately think that they do not want to collaborate and I will expel them from my alliance.
    In all the alliances that I know of, the use of the "hidden" state is restricted or nullified, therefore ... it is either useless or inappropriate.

Agreed.

Leadership should have two options;

A - Anyone can see the login status of anyone ranked lower
    B - CIC/SIC can make "hidden" status an unavailable option based on rank

• I like the idea of CiCs/SiCs having control and visibility so they can do the best job they can for the alliance - just like they can change rank they should be able to turn hidden on/off as needed.

We do require it is off at all times except in some war situations where we think there may be a spy in the ranks - we actually mandate it be turned on. I'm sure you've all seen those situations where people suddenly are being attacked right after they log off. ;)

I also like the idea of even when it is on CiCs/SiCs can see past it, not only to make sure players remain active but also when you need an attack group together during war - you will know when all the team is there and can skip the random "is xxx here?" in chat (which also can tip off spies as to when an attack is possibly coming)
  • MissTre
    19 posts Member
    I completely agree, the hidden status should somehow be turned off by the CiCs, at least the last login time seen (by the CiCs) or it would be hidden from everyone else, but the CiCs, like Wellz said.
    'Social feature'? 'principle' ? what the actual ****?
    Yep, in our alliance, the misuse of hidden status results in booting since we CiCs can't know if the player is a spy account, long gone inactive, anti-social or just lazy. We all like our anti-social moments, lol, but come on! it's a team game for pete's sake! And the game is not well played if it's not played as a team.
    The original post is about trying to better the game, it deserves a decent answer.
  • EE_Elephterion
    edited June 25
    Well, to reiterate my previous point, this change is unlikely to happen as it is not desired design wise. I believe this was included as a requirement from EAs side originally, although I'm not 100% on that - as Origin and other game launchers/apps with friends lists in general also provide the option to hide your online status.
    Tiberium Alliances doesn't run via Origin but I think we can assume that the feature exists to create some parity in that regard.

So again, not gonna happen.
  • It will be necessary to continue with the norm of who gets hidden is expelled from the alliance, since it will not happen.
    Has the issue of disabling your own "hidden" status been resolved mentioned by @iguanaworld in another thread?
  • EE_Elephterion
    Has the issue of disabling your own "hidden" status been resolved mentioned by @iguanaworld in another thread?

I believe so, as I just tested it on PTE and don't seem to get any errors anymore.
  • Has the issue of disabling your own "hidden" status been resolved mentioned by @iguanaworld in another thread?

I believe so, as I just tested it on PTE and don't seem to get any errors anymore.

Great news, thank you !!!
    Always testing something
  • EE_Elephterion
    edited June 25
    Great news, thank you !!!

Please feel free to test on there as well, just to make sure :)
  • M8u8r4r4a0796
    63 posts Member
    edited June 26
    could do with your own alliance members what u do for pvp and watch players points most everyone has a type routine of about times they do upgrades keep checking every few hours for a few days weeks or whatever