EA Forums - Banner

Alternative to Cncopt

I've read somewhere in the forums that someone is making an HTML 5 remake of Cncopt. I can't recall where in the forums the post was, but can somehow provide a link for me? I was hoping to use the remake for Firestorm 14 so I can make my base efficient.

Replies

• This one http://cnctaopt.com? This is the non-flash version and is somewhat similar to cncopt.com - minus a few features. I have been working on updating a small part of it, but I've parked the development work for a while. NB: It doesn't automatically optimise your base's layout - that's kind of a big project ... maybe one day :-)
  • btw, I haven't played the Firestorm version of the game, so you could let me know if the units are incorrect.
  • zBlueBugz wrote: »
    btw, I haven't played the Firestorm version of the game, so you could let me know if the units are incorrect.

The offense points of the juggernaut isn't correct. I recalled its 15 points and not 10. GDI and Nod have units that don't share the same amount of points. Black hand has 10 while zone trooper has 5, Specter has 10 while Juggernaut has 15.
  • Ah, I see there's a bug with the code when switching factions. I'll update the code soon to recalculate the units' points accordingly.
  • Other than the Juggernaut, the PItbull and Attack bike also has different stats. One cost 10 Cp while the other cost 5 cp. Maybe Cnctaopt can prioritize layouts that focus on one resource and move one building at a time to have the resource's rate increase slightly. I think the orginal Cncopt does this serveral times before revealing the results.
    Ah, I see there's a bug with the code when switching factions. I'll update the code soon to recalculate the units' points accordingly.

I've updated the code - switching factions now show correct units and points.
  • When you place units on either the defense side or offense side, the offense/defense points doesn't update until you sell a unit. It happens more noticeably with offense units that defense ones.
  • Fixed bug with adding/removing offense units via the keyboard hot-keys.
    Fixed bug with adding/removing offense units via the keyboard hot-keys.

Also, links are broken, I can't view a player's layout using your version of Cncopt.
  • Also, links are broken, I can't view a player's layout using your version of Cncopt.

Can you provide me more details on this issue?

• I guess its working now. Before, when I open a link to view the layout, sometimes the page fails to load. You think you can reverse engineer Cncopt? There's still some features that are missing, like optimization and being able to create forgotten base layouts.
  • If the page fails to load, send me the link - I'll check it out

Create forgotten base layouts - currently, cnctaopt displays the layout, but not build it using FA units. I'll add that as a future enhancement.

Reverse engineer cncopt - not really - it's all flash code and I don't have the tools to decipher flash.
    However, I'm making cnctaopt somewhat similar and have some of the features that cncopt has. The next version I'm working on is calculating the cost of upgrading various units.

As for optimization, that would be in a future release.
    However, I'm making cnctaopt somewhat similar and have some of the features that cncopt has. The next version I'm working on is calculating the cost of upgrading various units.

You can easily find the cost of a unit's upgrade to the next level in the arsenal tab of the game. The upgrade cost of a unit correlates to its repair time and army points, the more army points it has, the more expensive its repair time is, as well on how expensive its upgrade to next level is. The price of the unit's next level however can go wildly from unit to unit.
  • jbl3ck
    53 posts Member
    @Shinerplunderer : I think he knows this and i also think he has the exact numbers... not the "expensive" and "wildly" formula...
  • @zBlueBugz, there's a bug with Cnctaopt. Demolisher artilleries in the game are represented by reaper artilleries on your base optimizer. They are labeled Reaper artillery and have anti-vehicle attacks. I can't also place a GDI or Nod army to provide a hypothetical attack on the forgotten base.
  • @Shinerplunderer

re: Demolisher artillery represented by Reaper artillery.
    Good spotting with incorrect artillery units. Fixed.

re: "I can't place a GDI or Nod army to provide a hypothetical attack on the forgotten base".
    If you're referring to setting up an GDI / NOD offense layout - you can do it (regardless of base / defense faction). If something else, can you clarify further?
  • It was my alliance member Narglfrob who told me about this. I don't think he has accessed the forums before.
    In regards to placing GDI or Nod armies, I really can't. Its like the entire layout is read only, I have to change the base to a Nod or GDI then add a CC first. I think I can't move any of the offensive or defensive units either.
    I would really like to be able to create sample forgotten layouts and place a hypothetical army that would attack the forgotten installation.
  • It's on my todo list - build a base based on FA units.