EA Forums - Banner

Claiming a layout next to a inactive base

I reserved a layout that's north east of a level 1 base who player was never online. I have a problem cause I cannot claim it until I can destroy the base, after a week. Is there a way to have the base moved by one tile down so I can claim the layout earlier? If a server moderator can help, I would greatly appreciate it. The layout is a nice one, a 5 crystal touch and 3 crystal and 2 tiberium touch with some smaller ones.
aqzolpcx78xr.png
60kiivm4o2z3.png

Replies

• gamerdruid
    3426 posts Moderator
    Moderators have no powers within the game. It looks like you'll have to wait until they are back on line and move or their bubble drops.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • The player left at level 1... I doubt they would be playing. If only it was possible for the bubble to pop earlier based on how long they played. If you get get to level 7, your timer will last a week. If you don't play, it will last a day, if you play a little, it will last a few more days. Can you ask to have this as a feature so no one will ever find this annoying again? I will have to look for another layout and claim that as my 4th base or something.
  • EE_Elephterion
    1464 posts Envision Developer
    Hello Commanders,

we understand this is annoying, but right now we don't intend to change this mechanic to avoid this edgecase. I'm sure you will find another suitable layout soon :)
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • Hello Commanders,

we understand this is annoying, but right now we don't intend to change this mechanic to avoid this edgecase. I'm sure you will find another suitable layout soon :)

I already have found another layout to claim. This one is 1 tile further from all neighboring bases. Even though its near enemy territory, I immediately override it when I jump close to it. Also, can I request a feature that allows a base's starting shield to time out earlier if the player has a base that's lower than level 7? This will allow issues like these to never occur as one can clear the layout reservation site earlier than usual.