EA Forums - Banner

Is it possible to have lvl80 level units on old worlds?

Hey,
With the new worlds having this, is it possible to put it on old worlds so you can upgrade more?I am on Firestorm 7..ta broch

Replies

• gamerdruid
    3429 posts Moderator
    I've been informed that it is unlikely to happen.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • Soixie
    436 posts Member
    Yes, fully possible and as easy to do so as correcting a spelling error.
  • Yes, yes, in old worlds too, pleaseeeeeee.
    Not a part of EA / Envision teams - My comments are only mine.
  • gamerdruid
    3429 posts Moderator
    edited June 23
    Whilst not against the idea, I do see a problem on older worlds (and not so old) where the fortress has reached a max of 95 and players can continue to grow. As we've seen on the PTE once it is a the maximum players can easily kill the fortress with max injections of the virus bringing the fortress down to 70 - which will be less than some players - and when you add in the extra boost of POI's the fortress kill will be almost a single shot from a top player.

We've been told in past posts, that the fortress can't be increased on existing worlds beyond the current settings. (Not won't be, can't be due to technical constraints when the worlds were first designed.)
  • Soixie
    436 posts Member
    "killing fortress" is irrelevant on old worlds. The flag is 100% meaningless and other than some mindless dull-drum of receiving a single entry into the Hall of Fame for said world. Even that is meaningless, most (if not all) alliances have no interest in making a new alliance so they can get "another entry" into the Hall of Fame. Which is, again, worthless even if 25 players took the time to create 50 alliances with alts to get a flag. Even if they did, it's meaningless.

The main problem the veterans are facing is that mindless stragglers are approaching level 65 and wrecking complete havoc upon these servers with seasoned veterans. With a level 65 cap, veterans are getting backed into a corner as "the entire world" all become level 65. It's a nightmare.
  • gamerdruid wrote: »
    As we've seen on the PTE once it is a the maximum players can easily kill the fortress with max injections of the virus bringing the fortress down to 70 - which will be less than some players - and when you add in the extra boost of POI's the fortress kill will be almost a single shot from a top player.
    Got a question on this scenario on where the fortress level is at the lowest and player levels are at the maximum, how many attacks does it take to overwhelm the fortress?
    I was thinking of asking for an upload of a very satisfying victory against the forgotten fortress where one player one shots it.
    Maybe the fortress's limit should be increased to level 120 so that when its injected, it would drop to 95, which would give the forgotten some resistance to being instantly crushed by a maxed-out army.
  • gamerdruid
    3429 posts Moderator
    It's not really possible to answer the question as all of the alliance with small armies attack first. The quickest kill was in 20 mins with level 60-63 armies for the top players.

No-one has reached level 80 yet and the fortress is stuck at level 95 pre-virus.
  • In the ancient worlds, raising the level of the fortress is not as important as raising the level of the bases.
    The last time we thought about destroying the fortress in the world I play, there were only about 10 players who were encouraged to attack it again. If those were high level, it would be easier to destroy it even if it can't rise beyond level 95.
    On the other hand, we have a lot of resources accumulated in the large bases that would be fantastic to invest in leveling up our bases towards level 80.
    I insist on the same thing again, pleaseeeeeeeee!
    Not a part of EA / Envision teams - My comments are only mine.
  • gamerdruid wrote: »
    It's not really possible to answer the question as all of the alliance with small armies attack first. The quickest kill was in 20 mins with level 60-63 armies for the top players.

No-one has reached level 80 yet and the fortress is stuck at level 95 pre-virus.
    I guess the fortress still is formidable even if it had the lowest health and there was the strongest army. One more question, of all fortress attacks anyone has watched, which one has the least number of raids? This would be like an alliance only had to attack the fortress 10 to 15 times before the fortress was knocked down.
  • What is the fort set to in Firestorm 14?
  • gamerdruid
    3429 posts Moderator
    According to the announcement, the fortress, as a NPC (not player controlled) base, should have a maximum of 95+15 =110.

We'll see when you get there!