EA Forums - Banner

Is it possible to have lvl80 level units on old worlds?

2Next

Replies

• I'm sure when they're ready to announce a change then they will. I do know that it hasn't been forgotten about and they're still working on it.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • As @gamerdruid pointed out, this is still in development. Once we are ready to roll this out across older worlds, we will make annoncements for each world publicly.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • As @gamerdruid pointed out, this is still in development. Once we are ready to roll this out across older worlds, we will make annoncements for each world publicly.

Any news yet?
    Seems pretty straightforward to me.
    I mean, when I first started playing this, many moons ago, there was no cap.
    EA introduced the level 65 cap about 8 1/2 years ago, much to the consternation of those who had spent small fortunes on getting levels ABOVE that, having them reduced down.
    This was in the days before the endgame was implemented. You had all the leading alliances camped in the middle but no Fort!
  • There is no set ETA on when we will increase the level for older worlds if that's what you are hoping for. We will announce ahead when we will increase the level of a world of course. We will likely start with the oldest worlds however.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • Soixie
    525 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    There appear to be little anomalous bugs creeping into the code from various unchecked dark corners being missed. I highly recommend rethinking the "all or nothing approach", take a step back and reign all the bugs. Far easier to focus on small wins through 3-5 patches;
    1. Increase maximum fortress level +15. Wipe fortress during patch, cause a new recalculation
    2. Increase maximum camp level +15. Move the "50 rule" to level 75
    3. Increase maximum base level (building/offense/defense) +15
    4. Increase maximum forgotten base level
    5. Increase maximum outpost levels
    6. Increase maximum POI level

Can combine 1&2, 3&4, 5&6 etc. The most important is simply the building/offense/defense levels as they are directly associated with PVP. The rest should shortly follow, but are all minutiae.

Any news yet?
    Seems pretty straightforward to me.
    I mean, when I first started playing this, many moons ago, there was no cap.
    EA introduced the level 65 cap about 8 1/2 years ago, much to the consternation of those who had spent small fortunes on getting levels ABOVE that, having them reduced down.
    This was in the days before the endgame was implemented. You had all the leading alliances camped in the middle but no Fort!

"small fortunes" heh - Devs called it an oversight. Players called it a clear exploit and haxor by insiders. After level 55, the return on upgrades became exponentially better. Effectively making the path to level 99, "free". It didn't last long and was emergency patched if I recall. The forums exploded.