EA Forums - Banner

20.2 Patch - Base Position Swap

Prev1
Tullysama
5 posts New member
Has anyone else tried the base position swap mentioned in the 20.2 Patch? I have and I can't seem to get it to work on Tib 42

Replies

• EE_Elephterion
    1501 posts Envision Developer
    Hello Commander,
    what where the circumstances of your test?

Both bases need to be able to use the Move action and they cant be positioned on Hub Terminals.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • Hello Commander,
    what where the circumstances of your test?

Both bases need to be able to use the Move action and they cant be positioned on Hub Terminals.

And in range of movement.
    Not a part of EA / Envision teams - My comments are only mine.
  • BambiByte
    130 posts Member
    edited July 9
    Hello,

It doesn't work on Tib26 either.

Update:
    - It may interfere with movement (planning tool) or another script. Without scripts loaded , it works. Sorry.
  • I tested The Movement (v. 1.0.3.7) with this new feature and works.
  • Also Dead bases from you base access panel no longer work if you click on them it does NOT go to the ruin you have to manually search for the ruin.
  • Also Dead bases from you base access panel no longer work if you click on them it does NOT go to the ruin you have to manually search for the ruin.

Are yo using external scripts?

If you deactivate the external scripts the problem persist?
  • Tullysama
    5 posts New member
    yep, the bases were within range, both were able to move, and not on hub terminals. I figure it must be external scripts - I will try deactivating (I use SoO) and see what happens. One of our other guys on Tib 42 tried it and it worked for them, so we just have to work through and find out what is stopping it
  • gamerdruid
    3491 posts Moderator
    Movement to and from hubs is not allowed. This is in the patch notes.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • Tullysama
    5 posts New member
    Found the culprit. As I am using SoO script pack, there were several external scripts being used, so, I disabled them all, and slowly built back up, until I found the bug, then only installed that script to be sure. It was Tiberium Alliances Attack Range 2.2 that caused the issue, at least for me.
  • nefrontheone
    583 posts Member
    edited July 10
    Tullysama wrote: »
    Found the culprit. As I am using SoO script pack, there were several external scripts being used, so, I disabled them all, and slowly built back up, until I found the bug, then only installed that script to be sure. It was Tiberium Alliances Attack Range 2.2 that caused the issue, at least for me.

If you found any problem with scripts in SoO you can try deactivating some scripts and testing.

And if you find some problem like this (inside SoO), please, report this to @o0netquik0o (Thank you)
  • Tullysama
    5 posts New member
    will do so. Thx
  • BambiByte
    130 posts Member
    edited July 12
    @nefrontheone , thanks for the tip about the working Movement version but I noted a new barrier.
    I can not switch to an externat script (instead the one in the package) since the settings button of the Crucial package will not appear anymore. The landing page (main page) of the game is changed. ...this change causes that I can not switch the Movement script off.

Update:
    I switched the script pack off and installed the most important scripts one by one.
    "Attack Range" script causes the problem, not The Movement.
    Post edited by BambiByte on
  • BambiByte wrote: »
    I switched the script pack off and installed the most important scripts one by one.
    "Attack Range" script causes the problem, not The Movement.

Like me, individuals scripts and only a few of them.

If attack range have bad effects with 20.2 maybe @o0netquik0o can be notified and fix the script in his SoO pack. :-?
  • BambiByte
    130 posts Member
    edited July 15
    As "Attack Range" script highlights also our own bases, - I think, marking those bases in range makes the swap impossible.

I prefer the availability of the improved standalone script. For now, I had several problems with script packs - and usually they are fixed less dinamically.
    Post edited by BambiByte on
  • Tullysama
    5 posts New member
    Have notified @o0netquik0o . He is looking into it. All good. Thx guys.
  • Tullysama wrote: »
    Have notified @o0netquik0o . He is looking into it. All good. Thx guys.

The latest modifications to the scripts have been made in record time and always trying to anticipate the update in the real worlds.

But as he himself says "There are many scripts and I need help to test them all because it exceeds my capacity / personal time"

Thank you, @o0netquik0o one more time. ;-)
  • CnCTA-SoO-SCRIPT-PACK for Google Chrome - bit.ly/CnCTA-SoO-SCRIPT-PACK
    My GitHUB Scripts Repo - bit.ly/CnCTA-SoO
    As "Attack Range" script highlights also our own bases, - I think, marking those bases in range makes the swap impossible.

I prefer the availability of the improved standalone script. For now, I had several problems with script packs - and usually they are fixed less dinamically.

Right. but using an updated pack or updated single script is the same. If the script has issues it will not work. In the pack you can enable/disable scripts like you would with tampermonkey/greasemonkey.
    CnCTA-SoO-SCRIPT-PACK for Google Chrome - bit.ly/CnCTA-SoO-SCRIPT-PACK
  • @o0netquik0o
    Thanks for the great job, the fixed script seems to be ok. :)

...the problem was that I could not switch the script off inside the pack, so I had to get rid of the full pack and use standalone scripts instead. The new landing page did not let me access the settings.
    @o0netquik0o
    Thanks for the great job, the fixed script seems to be ok. :)

...the problem was that I could not switch the script off inside the pack, so I had to get rid of the full pack and use standalone scripts instead. The new landing page did not let me access the settings.

I'm interested in this issue.. can you explain me better why you could not disable the script from options? Thanks
    CnCTA-SoO-SCRIPT-PACK for Google Chrome - bit.ly/CnCTA-SoO-SCRIPT-PACK